classic to boinc ??

imported_bartmy

Feb 18, 2005
Is there any difference as far as my wu to date, ranking, etc or affiliation with team anandtech?
any advantage to making the switch now? I'm running seti classic on 4-5 computers...

Hurricane Andrew

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2004
If I could persuade you to hold off a little longer, please do so. As Classic is winding down, we need all the crunchers we can get until the end.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
bartmy,
When you do make the switch, your stats will start from zero as SETI/BOINC is a different project with a different way of calculating credit.

You should still remain a part of Team AnandTech when you move to SETI/BOINC.

Go here to activate your account with BOINC.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
I thought the stats carried on from the classic ones?:confused:

bartmy
Thanks for hanging on btw :), we really need every last bit of crunching power to hold back BBR!

Rattledagger

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Cobblestones isn't comparable to "classic" wu, and you will always start at zero. But, if you've activated your old seti "classic" account, your "classic" wu-score and cpu-time will be displayed alongside total cobblestone and RAC.

As for switching to SETI@home/BOINC now or later, this really depends on if you're more interested in the science or in credit...

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
As for switching to SETI@home/BOINC now or later, this really depends on if you're more interested in the science or in credit...

How about both? :)

Credit/Stats now to close out Classic, then Science after that (again) plus stats! :D

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Rattledagger
Cobblestones isn't comparable to "classic" wu, and you will always start at zero. But, if you've activated your old seti "classic" account, your "classic" wu-score and cpu-time will be displayed alongside total cobblestone and RAC.

And keeping BBR behind us;)