class gets out early <-- so sad.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
It's really sad when your instructor lets you out 20 minutes early. The reason he let us out early, is cause he would have started crying if he had kept talking much longer. He was explaining how there would be a substitute next monday, as he was going to the hopital w/ his wife who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

Imagine it actually happening, it's quite sad. :(

thawolfman

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001

<< I thought you were being sarcastic when I first read the title of the thread. Sad story :( >>

Same here. Definitely sad :(

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
my physics teacher told us last year that he might have cancer too. He retired, so I don't know what happened to him.

Its sad though, he was a nice guy.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
one time my physics teacher didn't show up... some kid joked that "maybe he had a heart attack"... guess what? a lecture hall here at the uw is named after him.

Feb 24, 2001
Yeah we got out of driver's ed early one day in high school. He came and told everyone to go home, everyone cheered. Then he said his house had been robbed and he couldn't find his daughter :( (luckily she had run next door when they broke in).

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
my english teacher last year wouldn't show up a lot because she had a brain tumor or something..

i heard she died but i dont know..