Class Action Lawsuit against Apple iPhone 6

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
Looks like companies all have their problems apparently, however Apple chooses not to acknowledge this so far. IFixit on the other hand have a pay good write-up. http://ifixit.org/blog/8309/iphone-6-plus-gray-flicker-touch-death/

Now some info on the lawsuit starting. ..

Last week, repair guide website iFixit published a detailed blog post discussing an issue plaguing a growing number of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users. Referred to as “Touch Disease,” a hardware problem causes iPhone displays to become unresponsive and feature a thin gray flickering line along the top.

Now, a trio of iPhone users have filed a class action lawsuit against Apple over the issue, claiming that Apple has refused to repair devices that are affected for free…

https://9to5mac.com/2016/08/29/apple-iphone-touch-disease-lawsuit/

With Apple's army of lawyers this will be quite the uphill battle...

MacBAir

Aug 5, 2016
Are you seriously comparing Apple's inexcusable errors regarding a smallish % of 6 series users to "other companies"? Apple, the company with the best products, these days (at least as far as mobile goes), and best in class support?

Yes, it's a greedy move. Yes, companies do what they can to get away with it.

But if your post is nothing more than an attempt to excuse other companies that are putting $ ahead of lives and injuries, because of some pathetic and irrational hate, I hope you get banned. Right?

Apple will pay for it, regardless if they want to or not. They also will have to eat the bad press.

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
Are you seriously comparing Apple's inexcusable errors regarding a smallish % of 6 series users to "other companies"?

But if your post is nothing more than an attempt to excuse other companies that are putting $ ahead of lives and injuries, because of some pathetic and irrational hate, I hope you get banned. Right?
W. T. F. ??:dizzy: Do you own a positively humungous block of Apple stock or something?

MacBAir

Aug 5, 2016
W. T. F. ??:dizzy: Do you own a positively humungous block of Apple stock or something?
Why do you say that? It was stated pretty clearly that it was nothing more than a greedy move from Apple's part. What more do you want? Am I suppose to be obtuse and don't see the ultimate goal on OP's post?

"all companies have problems, however Apple choses to not acknowledge..." Implying that someone not acknowledging this is at least as serious, or even close, to what some other companies have been doing, like melting people's faces off.

About the trolls going for the username, that's only because it's the best piece of tech I have ever owned. Nothing irrational about a sandy bridge MBAir that has been working like a champ for the last 5 years.

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
Looks like 3 more law firms and thousands of people are joining in on the lawsuit :

Yesterday, Motherboard reported that lawyers who filed the class action complaint earlier this fall have now signed on three additional law firms to support their case, while an additional class action lawsuit related to the issue has been filed against Apple in Utah.

Richard McCune, an attorney in the California case, said he has been contacted by 10,000 people asking to join the suit, which accuses Apple of violating the state's consumer fraud statutes, negligent misrepresentation, breach of implied warranty, unjust enrichment, and other consumer act violations.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/10/09/law-firms-join-lawsuit-apple-iphone-touch-disease/

Looks like this is just starting and already picking up quite a bit of stream.

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
Hmm, as per apple geniuses, if it is the logic board, this could be more serous and why it is attracting more & more attention.

“Standard operating procedure was, at first, to replace the display,” he said. “Most units were under warranty, so there was no real problem for the customer. Soon after, this practice was banned within Mobile Genius and the only option we were left with was a full unit replacement—an in-system pop up told us to not even ATTEMPT a screen replacement. Right then it was obvious that Apple knew that there was a problem and, having eliminated the possibility of the display being the issue, they knew it was the logic board chipset.”

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/ap...one-6-plus-touch-disease-truth-from-customers

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
Why do you say that?
It was a tongue in cheek comment implying that you seemed to be incredibly invested (one way or another) in the subject given what struck me as a positively rabid response to the OP, which I found frankly bizarre given that

All large companies get sued every day.

I mean it's not like anyone's calling for a pitchfork-and-torch brigade to "hunt Tim Cook down like the dog he is and 'make him pay for what's he done' ", for God's sake...

Last edited:

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
More news popping up, I don't generally read wccftech, but they are catching up on the news and this tidbit caught my attention...

Another reason why Apple should be concerned about this problem is that the company has been replacing touch diseased iPhone 6 with $329 refurbished models, and some of these models have started to display symptoms of touch disease within days or weeks of being replaced.

http://wccftech.com/lots-law-firms-ganged-apple-iphone-6-touch-disease-issue/

core2slow

Mar 7, 2008
touch disease also infected the Google Pixel C tablet. Though my replacement is doing perfectly fine *knocks on wood*