Clash of Clans

Patre

May 29, 2013
We're looking to get some new peeps for our clan as we like to war regularly.

Basically, looking for TH9's (or higher) that are non-rushed.....even TH8's that are close to being maxed out are ok as long as you know how to attack in war. ;)

The clan is mostly military peeps, based in the US....a little bit of smack talking smack goes on :biggrin:......easy going clan though and everyone helps each other.

Just request to join: Battle Jeeps

Last edited:

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
Well, until the admins see fit to open a "mobile gaming" subforum, this is probably the best fit.

What level is your clan Padre? How often do you war? (Define "regularly")

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Well, until the admins see fit to open a "mobile gaming" subforum, this is probably the best fit.

This is exactly what im having problems with... :whiste:

I dont think it belongs in console because well, a console would assume you need a playstation network, xbox live, or nintendo network.

Well i guess google playstore can also fit into the category, but meh..
i'll just let it sit here for a bit and see how this thread goes.

The OP has been a AT member for a few years which is the only reason why i haven't locked it as solicitation, and also he has no redirected traffic, ie.. link to his guild/clan's website, so he's basically green in my book.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Honestly, I'm really surprised there isn't a mobile sub-forum considering how popular a lot of mobile games have become.

On topic - this certainly doesn't belong in the PC sub-forum in my opinion.

Patre

May 29, 2013
This is exactly what im having problems with... :whiste:

I dont think it belongs in console because well, a console would assume you need a playstation network, xbox live, or nintendo network.

Well i guess google playstore can also fit into the category, but meh..
i'll just let it sit here for a bit and see how this thread goes.

The OP has been a AT member for a few years which is the only reason why i haven't locked it as solicitation, and also he has no redirected traffic, ie.. link to his guild/clan's website, so he's basically green in my book.

Thanks aigomorla, I appreciate it.

I wasn't sure where else I could post this and thought this was the best available place......(not trying to stir any trouble....simply looking to get a few peeps who might be interested in joining......nothing else). :)

Mandres

Jun 8, 2011
I don't know much about this game other than the crazy amount of commercials they run on cable. What's it all about? Is it an RTS-type game? Is there a big pay-to-win aspect?

Patre

May 29, 2013

What level is your clan Padre? How often do you war? (Define "regularly")

Hi Denithor,

We're a level 7 clan and currently war only about once a month. I think we'd like to be in wars at least 2-3 times a month (more if everyone is willing/available)....of course this is all flexible and open.

Majority of the guys are pretty much laid back, but take it more serious during war.

Just looking for people who are solid in their attacks and can help out the team. :thumbsup:

Patre

May 29, 2013
I don't know much about this game other than the crazy amount of commercials they run on cable. What's it all about? Is it an RTS-type game? Is there a big pay-to-win aspect?

Although it's available to play on your PC, it's made for your phone. It's a free to play game, but it takes a long time to upgrade you troops/clan etc...there is an option to pay and buy the upgrades, but I've refused to do that and patiently :rolleyes:, worked to get what I have (2 yrs).

I think after you spend sooo much time on "grooming" your base, it's a bit hard to give it up. Of course, it's fun to play and to learn on improving your strategies.

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
Very good description there Padre.

For those who haven't played, CoC is a base-building RTS. You collect resources, upgrade your base, design your defensive layout as well as you can. But resource farming is slow. Much faster to build an army and go steal some loot from other players... So in a sense it's like the old Warcraft games, where the map you're attacking is a real player who has set up his base to prevent you from getting his goodies. Biggest difference is you have no direct control over your troops, each type has an AI that controls how it attacks. You drop troops where you want, based on base layout, then cross fingers and hope your troops go where you want.

The P2W aspect is simply a trade-off, your money in exchange for (saving) your time. Everything is available for free if you're patient, there is NO CONTENT that requires real money. I have three bases I run, a nearly maxed TH9, a middle TH10 and a max TH10. Been playing for four years (almost since launch) and have spent a total of about $70 among the three accounts (all spent to get builders to accelerate base upgrading).

Patre

May 29, 2013
Denithor, seeing you have 3 bases, we certainly could use (at least 1 of) you (if you're interested)......we do need some new blood to revamp our team and get some consistency. ;)

For the most part though, the regular guys have been very loyal and don't clan hop.....some do however, (for whatever reason) get upset and leave. So, finding loyal people isn't an easy thing to find. :whiste:

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
The "tradeoff" for p2w is HUGE though. You literally have days to wait to be able to do stuff vs paying at higher levels. I played it for a few weeks, so not sure exact times, but its like 7 days waiting for one upgrade. lol

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Honestly, I'm really surprised there isn't a mobile sub-forum considering how popular a lot of mobile games have become.

On topic - this certainly doesn't belong in the PC sub-forum in my opinion.

This isn't really the thread to suggest it I guess, but I would change console gaming to "console & mobile gaming". It's slow enough in the console forums since we segregated it from the PC side, so I figure it could use some life. People have posted in there about mobile games before too.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Merging console and mobile into one would be a bit better I think. I've been keeping an eye on the console and you're right, it barely moves some days.

As for this game, I despise the Pay to Win model most mobile developers have adopted. Sure you could wait a whole week for a single upgrade, or you could drop $20 and upgrade instantly. The whole idea behind "wait a ridiculous amount of time or spend just a little bit of money per week" is an incredibly pervasive mindset many people have adopted. I work with someone who regularly dumps $30 a week on the game they play and they justify it by saying "it's only $30 and I easily make that in a few hours". When you look back at how much they've spent... it's mind boggling to think some people have spent thousands of dollars just to play a mobile game where most of the time you just watch the action unfold on your phone.

So, aside from that little rant, just don't get sucked into the Pay to Win scheme.

Patre

May 29, 2013
Merging console and mobile into one would be a bit better I think. I've been keeping an eye on the console and you're right, it barely moves some days.

As for this game, I despise the Pay to Win model most mobile developers have adopted. Sure you could wait a whole week for a single upgrade, or you could drop $20 and upgrade instantly. The whole idea behind "wait a ridiculous amount of time or spend just a little bit of money per week" is an incredibly pervasive mindset many people have adopted. I work with someone who regularly dumps $30 a week on the game they play and they justify it by saying "it's only $30 and I easily make that in a few hours". When you look back at how much they've spent... it's mind boggling to think some people have spent thousands of dollars just to play a mobile game where most of the time you just watch the action unfold on your phone.

So, aside from that little rant, just don't get sucked into the Pay to Win scheme.

I completely agree Stg-Flame!! I refused to join the "Pay to Win" bandwagon as I can't justify using my (hard earned) money on a game (even though I like playing it).
One of the guys in our clan actually put his account up for sale about a year ago for $500....you'd be surprised at how many people were interested. He ended keeping it, but still....

Super Cell just works on the tactic of (dare I say) exploiting the "lack of patience" in people which has definitely benefitted SC. I'm a patient man and in no hurry to upgrade......I'm at the point where raiding alone (using various attacks) has made my upgrades worth it.