Clark grows big ones.....

maluckey

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2003
"I didn't have as much practice skiing as the governor did. He was out there skiing when I was recovering from my wounds in Vietnam," Clark, a former supreme allied commander in Europe, told WNTK radio.

This was in reference to Dean getting out of the Viet-Nam draft with a "bad back", then later seen skiing by witnessess.

Way to go Wes! I can't stand you, but at least you took the shot. Now if only Kerry would grow some too!

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
It was his back and they actually accepted a note from his Family Doctor without even testing him

If I had a son who was of draft age and Senor Bush wanted to Draft him to fight in Iraq I would pay the Family doctor big $$$$$$$$$ to keep him out of Bush's war.

maluckey

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2003
If you are going to fake a back injury, then at least have the dignity to cover it up, and not go skiing afterwards.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: maluckey
If you are going to fake a back injury, then at least have the dignity to cover it up, and not go skiing afterwards.

I personally hate Dean.. I cannot understand how or why the guy is so popular.. he has a Phd in medicine yet lacks common sense.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

If you fake a back injury to avoid the draft, I wouldn't think you would have a whole lot of dignity to begin with. ;)

wkabel23

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 2003
"I didn't have as much practice skiing as the governor did. He was out there skiing when I was recovering from my wounds in Vietnam," Clark, a former supreme allied commander in Europe, told WNTK radio.

This was in reference to Dean getting out of the Viet-Nam draft with a "bad back", then later seen skiing by witnessess.

Way to go Wes! I can't stand you, but at least you took the shot. Now if only Kerry would grow some too!

Why don't you like Clark?

And the general public dislikes negative campaigning so Clark/Kerry shouldn't turn into Dean clones and ruin their chances.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000

Yet another Democratic Presidental Candidate being taken WAY out of context. This quote is months old, and furthermore, Clark has explained his statement since then. He was actually making a joke (he doesn't have the best sense of humor) if you listen to the entire conversation.

I'm not going to defend Dean getting a medical deferment to avoid the draft, because Dean has since admitted plainly that he did not want to fight in that war and was hoping to get deferred.

maluckey

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2003
So it's OK for Dean to lie to avoid the draft and his military commitment, but not for others? I see......................................(takes mental notes). People change, but I see little to indicate that Dean has educated himself about the military since avoiding it altogether. I may be wrong, and would like to see some evidence of military thinking from the man who would be Commander in Chief.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla

I'm not going to defend Dean getting a medical deferment to avoid the draft, because Dean has since admitted plainly that he did not want to fight in that war and was hoping to get deferred.

...not to mention that his mother already had one son over there fighting the war in the military, right? :)