Civic didn't come with mats

mpg

Banned
Nov 23, 2000
I bought my used 98' civic last weekend after buying it from a dealership i check the trunk there isn't a mat in there, the "salesman" says they always come that way. BS. Anyways I talked to to a honda dealer and they said I should be able to get the mat under the 30-day 100% warrenty. I'm more concerned about the trunk mat because I was unaware of that when I bought it, not the car foot mats. The trunk one alone is $120 and then the ones for the floor are $120 also. The salesman also said they would put them in and i knew i wasn't going to get sheeit unless it was written on paper. Anyways just ranting can't be more than happy with my car otherwise!

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Dude, you bought a car without looking at it first? Hmmmmmm..... Not a good decision.

Ricky
DesignDawg

mpg

Banned
Nov 23, 2000
no i drove it and looked at it but i didn't look in the trunk i think my dad did not shure. There were in such a hurry to get us a car (dad and salesmen) I didn't really have to look at every small detail.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
I'm unfamilar with trunk mats. Mine are just carpeted. if you dont get floor mats though walmart sells acceptable floor mats for say $20 a pair hehe.

mpg

Banned
Nov 23, 2000
well its supposed to be carpeted, like one big mat.... then the cardboard & tire

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
I got my floormats at Walmart for around $10 and they are the fairly nice carpeted kind. If I were you I would just go to lows and buy some cheap carpet and cut it to fit the trunk before I paid $120 for it. Its just a trunk.

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
it doesn't come with a mat. when i got my civic the dealer actually gave me the floormats.

there was one dealer, we were ready to buy the car, and they go "but we can't give you the floormats." We walked out.

THEY'RE LIKE $80 MATS! they lost a sale cuz they're cheap!

and when we bought the car elsewhere it was even cheaper.

I have the 98 Civic LX. Love that car. :)

EDIT: I mean that the car came with NO mats. the dealer where i got my car gave me the floormats, no trunk mat. if you get a trunk mat you're privleged.

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
forget the honda mats, go buy some of those rubber mats from macneill auto, i couldn't find a website, they're extremely nice, hold a ton of dirt and are virtually indestructable

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
You guys do understand what he is talking about in the trunk right?

If I am not mistaken, you are talking about not having "carpet" in your trunk. Instead you have a piece of cardboard and then your spare-tire correct? You are missing the carpeted piece that goes over the cardboard. Dude just go back to the dealer and raise hell, I have done it and have gotten what I wanted.

snut

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
i have some 14.00 harly davison floor mats over my factory toyota tacoma flow mats..hehe extra layer of protection for my baby ;p it goes carpet->plastic->factory floormats->then harly ones
You can just go to home depo and get one of them plastic floor mats that are design for computer chairs,just use a dream or big sccisor and cut it to the shape of ur trunk