Civ IV is great isnt it :)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
People actually use Nukes? I'm always the first to build the UN and have them Banned. :D

Damn tree hugging hippies... I bet you voted for Obama.

Just curious, I bought the complete edition on Steam, which by the way installed icons for the mac version that you can't get rid off in Steam (Please fix this shit Valve because I'm OCD and like to keep things nice and clean). Also, can you launch Civ4 with all the addonss installed or do you have to launch each one separately because I see that there is a Steam icon for each add on.

Side note, already owned Civ4 from when it first came out, but $8 for the complete pack was too hard to pass up.

Last edited:

Delita

Jan 12, 2006
I'm new to the Civ games (recently purchased 4 and 5 from the Steam sale) and was wondering why everyone likes 4 over 5. I've only played a few hours of each, so I'm not too aware of the mechanics of each.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
i like 5, however if your map is max'd, and u got max civs out, and you got roaming barbarians.. after serveral hours when the AI has decient units, it bogs your system down.

But after playing on a hex map, and not a square map, it gets more comfortable.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
I'm new to the Civ games (recently purchased 4 and 5 from the Steam sale) and was wondering why everyone likes 4 over 5. I've only played a few hours of each, so I'm not too aware of the mechanics of each.

It has been discussed to death, but basically, Civ 5 is like "Civ Lite"; rather dumbed down, much of the depth taken out to make it more "accessible" to non-strategy gamers.

Basically, it's a step back.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Damn tree hugging hippies... I bet you voted for Obama.

Just curious, I bought the complete edition on Steam, which by the way installed icons for the mac version that you can't get rid off in Steam (Please fix this shit Valve because I'm OCD and like to keep things nice and clean). Also, can you launch Civ4 with all the addonss installed or do you have to launch each one separately because I see that there is a Steam icon for each add on.

Side note, already owned Civ4 from when it first came out, but $8 for the complete pack was too hard to pass up.

If you buy Civ4 complete on steam, the only part you need to download and install is BTS.