Civ 5

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
With all the pretty pictures of civ 6, decided to lold up some civ 5 play as I had less than 40 hours into it.

Wondering if anyone had some good links to current civ 5 strategy guides? been awhile since I played and found myself going from a gold stockpile to penniless shortly after I started to expand.

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
I don't know any specific guides to follow, but I learned on these forums. http://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ5-strategy-tips.391/

Following some of the guides, and watching a few videos, I was capable of beating the game with a science victory on Diety. Although I downloaded a map that was known to have a good starting position for Diety. Depending on your victory goal, you'll most likely want to grow as fast as possible with 4-5 cities (Warmongering might change that rule some, if going for a domination victory). You'll want to buy and build all building to allow for faster city growth, and try hold back enough gold to purchase science building as soon as they available. Always trade with other civ's to gain as much gold as possible, and be sure to do all those city state quests. Early on, it is important to have scouts finding every civ you can, so maximize trading potential.

I have not played in a while, so follow the link and search for help there.