Citizenship Given to Two Marines Killed in Action

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
well i hope that this will help relax immigration rules for coming into this country.
most of the people that come here are good people, it's too bad the republicans and their border patrol vigilantes want to send people back.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: drewshin
well i hope that this will help relax immigration rules for coming into this country.
most of the people that come here are good people, it's too bad the republicans and their border patrol vigilantes want to send people back.

rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

You might just be the biggest troll in this forum. Never any actual information or a good post. Always something to incite.

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
well that's what i saw the real issue as being after reading the article. these two soldiers were willing to give up their lives for our country, but if they had gotten caught at the border, they would have been sent back or possibly killed by those vigilantes.

if they're coming from mexico or central america why not let them in without a hassle? geez.

millennium = troll , no value added in his posts, just likes to accuse others.

i'd say that half my posts are flamebait because it isnt what you want to hear, and the other half are informative.
to each his own.

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
I agree with drewshin.
I mean I respect the law, but the minute after non US citizen joins the US Army, Marines, or any other kind of US Armed forces, he, or she should be granted the US citizenship...
These people were willing to die for the US, therefore they are being worhty of the privilage....
Also drewshin wasnt trolling at all, Millennium, the post was very relevant, unless you didnt read the article...

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000

As a Republican, I completely support the rules we've got in place to police our borders and keep out illegal immigrants. Yes, I'm very much aware of the various problems that would occur, many of them economic in nature, if we were crack-down even further, but I'm willing to work with that.

What I believe is necessary is for people immigrating to this great country is to become full law-abiding tax-paying citizens just like the rest of us. I have no problem whatsoever with folks wanting to come here - I just want it to be on the up and up.

Edit: I also would mostly agree with Adlep - anyone willing to serve in our armed forces, potentially putting their life at risk to become a citizen of our great country should indeed be put on the fast-track to gaining citizenship.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I'd rather have them become an American citizen rather than hear the American Michael Moore spout off how much he hates his country and it's actions.

I am a Republican and I have no problem with illegal immigrants coming in provided they work for their money....but then again I think that over 90% of welfare recipients are lazy farks and should not receive a govt handout.

A question for those Americans who volunteer to enforce our borders with Mexico, shouldn't you be working or have something better to do?

specktre

Dec 27, 2002
you guys are missing the point, and that is that these 2 ppl "gave" their lives for this country. these are the kind of people I want in my neighbor hood, but it is just a small percentage of the overall community that is in fact illegal. If you were to live in Cali you would understand. I mean we have ppl strait from mexico over here not knowing any english, and taking up jobs (at lower wages) from ppl who are legal.

illegal aliens provide a huge problem in bordering states, with mexico.

I'm sorry I have to say it but I hate illigal aliens.

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
It's not just states bordering on Mexico that have the problem - even here in Michigan, a good number of immigrants of unknown status make their way in to work the apple/cherry/other farms. I'm not saying our problem is anything like that of CA, just making the note of seeing the problem too.

OFFascist

Jun 10, 2002
I dont know why anyone is trying to skew this story and somehow have it relating to illegal immigrants.

I read nothing in the article stating that they were illegals.