Citing Amendment 64, Boulder DA begins dropping marijuana cases

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
who is caught with less than an ounce of pot or marijuana paraphernalia.
I thought they made it legal... but you're allowed LESS than an ounce?

Guess no one is stocking up or allowed to produce it.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
I thought they made it legal... but you're allowed LESS than an ounce?

Guess no one is stocking up or allowed to produce it.

huh??

the law was passed but does not take effect early next month

why would you stock up? and yes you can grow it, up to 6 plants.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
And just like that, those states have saved thousands of dollars in just a couple of days.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
And just like that, those states have saved thousands of dollars in just a couple of days.

It is probably in the hundreds of thousands already.

For the state to hear just a single case dozens of state employees are involved in some capacity. Thats not even taking into account the time it takes for police to document and process the arrest.

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001

For the state to hear just a single case dozens of state employees are involved in some capacity. Thats not even taking into account the time it takes for police to document and process the arrest.

No doubt, I would say a few thousand dollars per case even for the most basic ones.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
The cost of incarceration is insane; the states would save a huge amount of costs on jail expenses alone, let alone potential tax revenue they can collect.

Vic Vega

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2010
Truely awesome. I didn't think I would see this in my lifetime. The Fed needs to get onboard. Only a matter of time. The War on Drugs and Federal storm troopers need to be dismantled once and for all. The DEA needs to die.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
The cost of incarceration is insane; the states would save a huge amount of costs on jail expenses alone, let alone potential tax revenue they can collect.

Not to mention they would quit giving early release to actual criminals such as pedophiles and rapists.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Seems the proper thing to do given the passage of the amendment.

Fern

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
I wanna know how many cases have been dropped. I know Denver at least has declared simple possession to be among the lowest enforcement priority for several years now. Curious how many people were still being cited/arrested in spite of such measures.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
I wanna know how many cases have been dropped. I know Denver at least has declared simple possession to be among the lowest enforcement priority for several years now. Curious how many people were still being cited/arrested in spite of such measures.

i want to know this number at the state level. how many in each county and if the state has dropped any. It would be stupid for any dept to cite or arrest somebody for an ounce or less of weed now. total waste of tax payers money.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Yea ken buck is a Dick. I Cant wait to help vote him out. He should be tossed out for wasting county money. Does he really think a jury is going to convict? Man I this is the first time I hope for jury duty and making the long drive to Greeley.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
No doubt, I would say a few thousand dollars per case even for the most basic ones.

But think of the lawyers, judges, prison guards, police, etc. they need jobs too?:p