Cities: Skylines: which is the best expansion?

jimbob200521

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2005
So I've got Cities: Skylines and have been eyeing a few expansions such as After Dark, Natural Disasters, Snowfall, etc. My question is which would be your favorite/best bang for the buck? Which brings the most to the game?

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Probably After Dark. Snowfall is nice but if I remember right you can only play it on maps designed for it and it is always snowing. I havent gotten the disasters one yet.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
I'd say Natural Disasters brings the most to the game. Just not everybody likes what it brings. LOL. Snowfall as Ranulf mentioned isn't universal which is dumb. After Dark in practice doesn't bring as much as you'd think.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Afterdark is basically required. Snowfall is good mainly for trams. I haven't bought Natural Disasters yet. Waiting for that to be on sale.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
Afterdark is basically required. Snowfall is good mainly for trams. I haven't bought Natural Disasters yet. Waiting for that to be on sale.

Have I forgotten some major feature After Dark adds? The day/night cycle doesn't really add any functionality of note and it's such a long cycle that I just find the extended "nights" to be annoying as you can't see crap.