Cities Banning Electronic Cigarettes

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
This is a misuse of government to further one's private agenda. I can't think of a more irresponsible or less civic minded attitude. I even think government can sometimes do good things, but banning e-cigs isn't one of them. It may just cause millions of premature deaths.

Say it ain't so! D:

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
I'm aware of that. But I don't like people blowing smoke or vapor around me. So I'm willing to use any angle to push them into the same legal realm as cigarettes. Health hazards, tax evasion, "Gateway drug," etc.

you posted this while in a bar destroying your liver that will cause your future dependence on social programs to pay for your medical bills?

Sep 7, 2009
<snip>

Decades of education has caused half the smokers to quit, but has also caused the general public to oppose safer alternatives for the other half, the ones who had the biggest trouble quitting.

<snip>

I honestly think the general public's viewpoint on smokers is that they're assholes. Yes yes, a few ruin it for the rest, but seriously 'modern' smokers are some of the rudest most disgusting people around.

From throwing butts on the ground to smoking on balconies or in front of doorways or at crowded public events.. These smokers stand out bigtime.

This stigma has more to do with how smokers act than any media campaign.. In my opinion anyway.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
not true, they still have an odor, not as bad as tobacco, but they still smell. a lot depends on the drops used.

I don't find it nearly as appalling as tobacco smoke though. In fact, some of my coworkers vape in their cubes, and it smells rather pleasant. To me, it's a stark contrast.

Plus they stay around their desks more often due to less smoke breaks being needed.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
I honestly think the general public's viewpoint on smokers is that they're assholes. Yes yes, a few ruin it for the rest, but seriously 'modern' smokers are some of the rudest most disgusting people around.

From throwing butts on the ground to smoking on balconies or in front of doorways or at crowded public events.. These smokers stand out bigtime.

This stigma has more to do with how smokers act than any media campaign.. In my opinion anyway.

I'd wager that smokers are actually less rude than in the past.

People used to think nothing of lighting up wherever they pleased or even emptying ashtrays in parking lots.

Don't look at the past with rose-colored glasses.