Citibank: Lords of Junkmail?

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Does anyone else here get at least one piece of junk mail from Citi every single day of the year that mail is delivered? I am honestly amazed at the amount of crap I get from them on a yearly basis.....typically one, but sometimes as many as three credit offers and other crap from them every day in the box. I think I'll save up a year's worth and mail to their CFO with a note suggesting ways they could cut operating costs. ;)

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Fausto1
Does anyone else here get at least one piece of junk mail from Citi every single day of the year that mail is delivered? I am honestly amazed at the amount of crap I get from them on a yearly basis.....typically one, but sometimes as many as three credit offers and other crap from them every day in the box. I think I'll save up a year's worth and mail to their CFO with a note suggesting ways they could cut operating costs. ;)

Better Idea: Wood burning furnace and use it for free fuel in the winter.

-PAB

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002

That kind of weight and volume would be expensive......

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs

That kind of weight and volume would be expensive......

Yet almost worth it just do demostrate how much money they are wasting on these stupid bulk mailings. The sad thing is that they are probably profitable in the long run if one out of maybe 30-40 people sign up for a line of credit with them and then proceed to rack up a balance.

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Direct mailing usually has a success rate of 3%, that means 97 out of every 100 people throw it away. Companies wouldn't direct mail if it wasn't profitable.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Citibank is average on bulk mailings and at least they honor opt-out requests. AT&T is currently at the top of my Death List.

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001

Every day without fail I get at least one thing in the mail from citibank.. along with 3-4 other offers.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: dnetmhz

Every day without fail I get at least one thing in the mail from citibank.. along with 3-4 other offers.
You must own a home as well. The deluge started about a month after I bought a house.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
mbna sends me crap... the stupid thing is the solicit me for the same cards i already have...

"would you be interested in a longhorn MC?"
"i already have a gold longhorn MC, thanks"
"well you could use this as backup"
"have a card for that too, thanks."

Sophia

Apr 26, 2001
Just send them back a request to be removed using their own pre-paid return envelopes. Eventually they may get the hint.

I've had a good deal of success with the anti-junk-mail techniques outlined at the FTC and Junkbusters