Cindy McCain's outfit at RNC cost $313,000

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: deftron
Link

And she's asking us to donate more to Hurrican Gustav victims ...

I guess when you're "middle class" making upwards to $5,000,000 a year, that's chump change.

Wonder how much she donated

I'm guessing more than you.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: ZeroIQ
Originally posted by: Budmantom
Originally posted by: bdude
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
What does one have to do with the other?

It's very elitist...

What a women wears is elitist?

Dude, that's like the whole definition of elitest. I mean cmon, in the day where thousands of homes are being foreclosed and people are losing everything...please, for the sake of all of us don't put on a vampire dress worth more than the houses people are losing.

Should she have charged the dress and not made any payments on it?

No better way to show how American she is!

I think I'll make my mortgage payment late to show how much of an American I am.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Interesting that McCain still takes a $58,000 pension even though he and his wife are worth over $100 million, and yet he boasts on the campaign trail that he'd make his "well-to-do" cabinet members work without salary.

More of the same.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Better yet, Families that can't manage their money want to run the country - on the next Murray....

who's not managing their money?

Cindy's worth a hundred million and wore a $3,000 dress... the Obama's are worth far, far less and Michelle's dress was just as expensive.

as far as jewelry... kind of a stupid discussion, we have no idea if they were on loan or if she owns them (and if so, how long she's own them and how much their value has gone up in that time)

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Interesting that McCain still takes a $58,000 pension even though he and his wife are worth over $100 million, and yet he boasts on the campaign trail that he'd make his "well-to-do" cabinet members work without salary.

More of the same.
He earned that pension through honorable service to his country as a Naval Officer. Why the hell should he give it up?!

Would you strip any other veteran of their well-earned pension!? :confused:

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: palehorse

More of the same.
He earned that pension through honorable service to his country as a Naval Officer. Why the hell should he give it up?!
If someone works hard in his administration, why should he make them give up their paycheck?

Another ride on the McCain double-talk express.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: loki8481
Better yet, Families that can't manage their money want to run the country - on the next Murray....

heehehe.. ha ha oh.... oh........

when you've got 0% interest, why keep your credit card paid off when you can invest the money elsewhere?

I'm sure the credit card companies are really sweating a debt that's basically 1/24th of her income.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

when you've got 0% interest, why keep your credit card paid off when you can invest the money elsewhere?

I'm sure the credit card companies are really sweating a debt that's basically 1/24th of her income.

hahha... nice edit.... You are a fine addition to the McCain camp...

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003

:laugh: :thumbsup:

And people think McCain is going to balance the budget or lower our national debt? Hahahahahaha.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

And people think McCain is going to balance the budget or lower our national debt? Hahahahahaha.

that debt is, what, like 4% of her income? that's a hair under the average CC debt (national average is like 5%, though I think it's higher for seniors and women)

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

More of the same.
If someone works hard in his administration, why should he make them give up their paycheck?

You didn't answer my questions.

So?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

that debt is, what, like 4% of her income? that's a hair under the average CC debt (probably lower if you're just limiting it to her demographic)

That sounds elitist.....

*edit - changed "that's" to "that"...

/hows about that

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

that debt is, what, like 4% of her income? that's a hair under the average CC debt (probably lower if you're just limiting it to her demographic)

That's sounds elitist.....

sounds about average :p

what, the Obama's are "too good" to carry a minimal amount of CC debt like us typical whities? ;)

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

Oh how horrible to be worth $100 million and owe $100k..... what kind of example is this man setting?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

More of the same.

That is an interesting question.

Should millionaires be able to collect from the government?

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003

More of the same.

So?
McCain already answered your question. He said people in his administration should NOT be rewarded for their hard work with a salary if they're well-to-do, yet he still draws a pension paycheck even though his family's net worth is $100+ million.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Jaskalas

More of the same.

That is an interesting question.

Should millionaires be able to collect from the government?

Only if they have earned it :shocked:

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

More of the same.

So?
McCain already answered your question. He said people in his administration should NOT be rewarded for their hard work with a salary if they're well-to-do, yet he still draws a pension paycheck even though his family's net worth is $100+ million.

Obama said that people in his tax bracket should pay higher taxes yet he still pays the same....

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
i dont really care about the dress but it does sort of fly in the face of how they are trying to use palin to make themselves look more humble