Cindy McCain's outfit at RNC cost $313,000

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Link

And she's asking us to donate more to Hurrican Gustav victims ...

I guess when you're "middle class" making upwards to $5,000,000 a year, that's chump change.

Wonder how much she donated

andy04

Dec 14, 2006
Ok Moron, noone from Repubs ever said that they are not really Rich. Being rich does not make them any less fit to lead. Do you have any idea how much wealth kennedy had???

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
repost. And almost all of that cost came from the diamond ear rights. We have no clue how much those things are really worth.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: deftron
Link

I guess when you're "middle class" making upwards to $5,000,000 a year, that's chump change.

I don't care if she spend $10,000,000,000 on her outfit and her earrings, it's her money and she gets to spend it any way she sees fit. It has absolutely nothing to do with McCain being (un)fit for the presidency.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Double Trouble
Link

I don't care if she spend $10,000,000,000 on her outfit and her earrings, it's her money and she gets to spend it any way she sees fit. It has absolutely nothing to do with McCain being (un)fit for the presidency.

Daddy's money......

Jack Flash

Golden Member
Sep 10, 2006

But why isn't the McCain family 'Elitist?'

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Link

Republicans are constantly trying to create political issues around any democrat who has much money (and any who don't, for that matter, too).

Pointing out the same about them, countering their propaganda and pointing out the hypocrisy, is appropriate.

That may be all that's appropriate about it - rich people can be good or bad leaders - but that's still a good reason as long as they're trying the attacks on wealthy democrats.

How much crap did they put out about Kerry marrying rich that now they say the opposite when it comes to McCain?

bdude

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Budmantom
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
What does one have to do with the other?

It's very elitist...

What a women wears is elitist?

Dude, that's like the whole definition of elitest. I mean cmon, in the day where thousands of homes are being foreclosed and people are losing everything...please, for the sake of all of us don't put on a vampire dress worth more than the houses people are losing.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: loki8481

see, that's why politicians shouldn't make jokes.

Basically. The people who are say that are just plain idiots.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

Well said!

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
bdude, did you click the link??

Almost the entire cost of the outfit is based on a guess about the value of her ear rings.
Everything else is most likely no more expensive than the stuff Mrs Obama is wearing.

BTW Mrs O likes to wear designer dresses as well. Google 'Maria Pinto' and you can find at least a dozen links about her and the outfits she makes for Mrs O.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: bdude

It's very elitist...

Dude, that's like the whole definition of elitest. I mean cmon, in the day where thousands of homes are being foreclosed and people are losing everything...please, for the sake of all of us don't put on a vampire dress worth more than the houses people are losing.

Should she have charged the dress and not made any payments on it?

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: bdude

It's very elitist...

Should she have charged the dress and not made any payments on it?

No better way to show how American she is!

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!

DRESSGATE!!!!!!!!

Loose the Hounds immediately!

Next startling revelation: Trig Palin is really Cindy McCain's love child with Grizzly Adams. The Vice-Presidency is the payoff to Sarah Palin for her part in the cover-up...

edit: sp

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

In communism you're not allowed wealth. It belongs to others, which is the sort of morality card played when I hear:

As you can see, she?s not allowed to have money left over after donating.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Better yet, Families that can't manage their money want to run the country - on the next Murray....