Cindy McCain releases 2006 tax returns

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Sidney McSame, the guy graduated 894 out of 899 in his class at Naval Academy, lost 5 naval aircraft during his career, and had these glowing words from his flight instructor:

Greetings!

I was John McCain's Navy Flight Instructor --- in formation tactics and air-to-air-gunnery. I could write a book about this man. Suffice to state, I shudder (and I'm fearless) at the nightmare thought of this man becoming our next President and Commander in Chief. I am not alone as to this man's former shipmates, instructors and senior officers --- as to who and what this man is really all about. Although politics is really theater and the best performing actor gets to stay on the main stage --- sorta like American Idol only much more dangerous to all living things --- the performance and the make-over (re-invention) of this man is currently matched only by that of former LTC Oliver North, USMC (Ret.). Together on the same ticket, these two clowns would be real crowd pleasers in this sorry day and age of liars, banal dummies and limp-headed performers.

Thanx for having the guts to put the real deal information on the site re: John Sidney McCain III --- since the mainstream media is much too lazy to put the real story on McCain out there for the rest of their lazy consumers.

Best regards,

CDR Jerry K. Loeb, USN (Ret.)
Palm Desert, CA

Ahhhh, the swift boating of Grandpa McSame begins!

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Taking the relevant snippet from the CMD Jerry K Loeb USN (Ret) contention we are left with---I am not alone as to this man's former shipmates, instructors and senior officers --- as to who and what this man is really all about.

When John Kerry got swiftboated, his accusers were people who never directly served with or knew him well, and now Loeb, on a N of one is saying, I trained him and I know McCain's record. Its a start on building the case against McCain, but the true test will lie in how many people who also knew McCain will back Loeb up. And similarly how many people who knew Loeb or McCain well that disagree.

Until I get more facts, my jury is out on that one.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: jpeyton
had these glowing words from his flight instructor:

Greetings!

I was John McCain's Navy Flight Instructor --- in formation tactics and air-to-air-gunnery. I could write a book about this man. Suffice to state, I shudder (and I'm fearless) at the nightmare thought of this man becoming our next President and Commander in Chief. I am not alone as to this man's former shipmates, instructors and senior officers --- as to who and what this man is really all about. Although politics is really theater and the best performing actor gets to stay on the main stage --- sorta like American Idol only much more dangerous to all living things --- the performance and the make-over (re-invention) of this man is currently matched only by that of former LTC Oliver North, USMC (Ret.). Together on the same ticket, these two clowns would be real crowd pleasers in this sorry day and age of liars, banal dummies and limp-headed performers.

Thanx for having the guts to put the real deal information on the site re: John Sidney McCain III --- since the mainstream media is much too lazy to put the real story on McCain out there for the rest of their lazy consumers.

Best regards,

CDR Jerry K. Loeb, USN (Ret.)
Palm Desert, CA

... I don't get it.

there's nothing there, just some guy who knew him once saying that he doesn't like him.

(and a quick scouring of google finds nothing to add any remote shred of credibility to it... all results point to the bipartisan dumpjohnmccain.com)

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Please don't be absurd Loki, the guy was supposedly McCain's Navy flight instructor in formation tactics and air to air gunnery. And you seem to imply Loeb merely did not like McCain when Loeb seems to strongly imply McCain is and was incompetent. An implication somewhat borne out by the fact that McCain was in the bottom five of a class of nearly 600 hundred. We are hardly talking sharpest knife in the drawer with that gem.
And in terms of becoming a flight instructor in the US Navy, its hardly a position that comes easy.

But I am trying to learn something about Loeb.

Here is one link thus far---http://www.cal-moaa.org/blog/2006/03/24/dfas-movement/

Looks like the guy knows what he is doing in a totally unrelated area.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
there's nothing to indicate whether or not Loeb actually wrote it or if McCain even ever had him as a flight instructor or if he's even said hello to McCain in the past 40 years... and for me to actually care about what he's saying, I'd have to know why he's so afraid of McCain being president. he doesn't say he was a bad student, he doesn't say he was a bad pilot, he doesn't say he was a total asshole... nothing.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481
there's nothing to indicate whether or not Loeb actually wrote it or if McCain even ever had him as a flight instructor or if he's even said hello to McCain in the past 40 years... and for me to actually care about what he's saying, I'd have to know why he's so afraid of McCain being president. he doesn't say he was a bad student, he doesn't say he was a bad pilot, he doesn't say he was a total asshole... nothing.

Well, Loki, I am going to assume we will get our answers. Loeb done shot off his mouth, and now he is going to get called on it. We may likely find out if Loeb has anything to back himself up with. And since it looks like this was just posted on May 20, things are just starting to get defined. Loeb has at least five months to get his proof.

But given the link I posted, Loeb dos not strike me as the type to make idle boasts.