Cinderella's Castle Satellite Image.

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
Here's a satellite image of Cinderella's Castle.
The castle is in the direct center of the capture.
I was dickin around with Keyhole Pro (keyhole.com free trial, google owns it). I found my house but the resolution sucks. I wanted to see just exactly how resolute the images were because it claimed you could see objects at "street level" resolution.
It wasn't what I expected, but it's still fun to goof with.
I'm going to see how well worldwind does. It's free, keyhole pro costs $599 a year.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: shilala
Here's a satellite image of Cinderella's Castle.
The castle is in the direct center of the capture.
I was dickin around with Keyhole Pro (keyhole.com free trial, google owns it). I found my house but the resolution sucks. I wanted to see just exactly how resolute the images were because it claimed you could see objects at "street level" resolution.
It wasn't what I expected, but it's still fun to goof with.
I'm going to see how well worldwind does. It's free, keyhole pro costs $599 a year.

Is that 'World, or 'Land? Looks like 'Land to me.

I miss Capt Nemo's Submarine ride. You can see the lake still, but the ride closed. :(

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Amused
Is that 'World, or 'Land? Looks like 'Land to me.
I think it's 'World' based on the long/lat in the pic.

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
That's pretty cool. I live so far out in the middle of nowhere that the areal photo of my place hasn't been updated since like 1994. If you look really close though you can see somebody walking up the driveway. It's just a speck, too small to be a car. Must be me going to get the mail.

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
It's the one in Orlando. Disney World, I guess. Never can get that straight.
My wife and I went to Disney on our honeymoon back in 94(?) and Captain Nemo was broke down. We were checking it out and watching pigeons knock people's ice cream cones out of their hands.
I guess they7 never reopened Captain Nemo, it wasn't there at all when we took the kids last winter. It'll probably be replaced by "Finding Nemo".

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
I checked out Worldwind and found the castle pretty quickly. The resolution was megasuck.
Wonder why Nasa's images aren't the same as Google's? Probably don't desire to spill the bandwidth necessary to dish out the higher resolution.

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Damn I miss captain Nemo's submarine ride also. Last time I was there I was losing my mind looking for it on the map.

Albis

Platinum Member
May 29, 2004
i love these kind of pics and sites

nvidia had something like this before and had a free trial as well.