• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Cigarette website

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
So i got this really good domain name for a cigarette website, and i think i want to start a business with it rather than sell it.

I found this on ebay, Site

They make you the site and give you the distributor to send the product to your customers.

Obviously the hardest part of getting the business off the ground is promoting, but does this price seem fair for what he is offering? Does anyone know if i'd just be wasting my time trying to get into this market? Should i just jump on one of the offers i got to buy my domain name?

Just looking for opinions.

Matt

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
100 bucks is really not that much.

What is you profit margin?

What are you anticipated sales per month?

I know as taxes continue to rise then more and more smokers will look online to buy the smokes (I do.)

It could be good but there just isn't alot of detail.

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
Also I used to buy for 14.95 (your cost) at ytesmoke.com But now I buy for 11.00 (generics) at cigerettes sent direct.

I would see how much you can get for that domain.

This looks like an easy buck But they don't tell you of the fees that ebay charges and they also don't say who takes the risk should there be a charge back.

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
the cartons are bought for $14.95 and up including shipping. So i can sell for however much more than that i want.

I can also sell cigars, humidors, and other items. As far as chargebacks, i think its under paypal policy since its set up with a paypal shopping cart.

ASK THE COMMUNITY