CIA Says Pelosi Was Briefed on Use of 'Enhanced Interrogations'

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Xellos2099
They hated us even before 9/11 and will continue to hate us. Hatred is not an answer but are we suppose to stand by and do nothing? Remember the bombing of Cole? Clinton did jack shit and we got 9/11.

Not now, we have Obama, the world loves and respects us again.

Xellos2099

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2005
Originally posted by: kage69
Clinton did jack shit and we got 9/11

You are in dire need of a history lesson. Assuming of course you could pull yourself away from the Fox "News" talking points for long enough...

Partisan ignorance FTW!!

Clinton WAS offered the chance to capture Osama for good but he turn it down.

Xellos2099

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Budmantom
Originally posted by: Xellos2099
They hated us even before 9/11 and will continue to hate us. Hatred is not an answer but are we suppose to stand by and do nothing? Remember the bombing of Cole? Clinton did jack shit and we got 9/11.

Not now, we have Obama, the world loves and respects us again.

What made you believe people love Obama because he is good or he is weak to the international community?

Respect are earn, not given just because one sound like a nice guy and energetic.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Budmanton asks, "So you're saying that we brought 9/11 on ourselves?"

No, you miss the point, our foreign policy may have had a role in bringing on 911, but torture stupidity on our part greatly increases the probability of a future 911. Increasing the supply of terrorists by increasing terrorist recruitment is not the way to decrease that probability.

Do you really think our missing in action on defense home land security can defend us?

We've been safe for the last 7 years and you conclude what ever it is that kept us safe is stupid and it greatly increases the chance of a future attacks and we are less safe.

Hard to argue with that kind or radical left wing logic :roll:

BTW

How do you feel about Holder judging other men on "crimes" that he has committed, do you feel he should step down and ask the justice department to investigate him?

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: OrByte
Originally posted by: Fear No Evil
This is a question to any leftist:

How do you feel about Holder judging other men on "crimes" that he has committed, do you feel he should step down and ask the justice department to investigate him?

I enjoy seeing you repeat that question over and over and getting no answer. Quite entertaining.

Did Holder seek to upend torture policy via White House Legal Memos too?

He has been a busy fellow these first 100 days, I must have missed when he did that.

ok SO I finally read into exactly wtf you are talking about wrt Clinton, Holder, and "Renditions"

Holder should step down if someone accuses him of a crime and he is found guilty. Otherwise, we had to put up with Alberto Gonzalez and his idiocy for far too long, you can put up with Holder.

So much for that stupid question....

If Rendition is illegal and wrong then I expect someone to bring charges against the perps. I suspect extraordinary rendition is just as bad....which is something GWB authorized and is something that took place under his presidency. SO now there is a game being played in Washington over who tortured first? And we are supposed to defend our "teams" and keep pointing over to the other side and yell "THEY DID IT FIRST!!!"

Well then.....aren't we just the perfect little party puppets? :)

Alot of players can be culpable to a certain extent, which means alot of people end up with blood on their hands. How do I feel about it? I say investigate GWB, and if someone wants to investigate Clinton then have at it.

"bu bu bu but but Clinton"

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Gotta love the repub view on accountability here. The buck stops...way over there with someone else of a different party! Pelosi is a sleazy politician, yeah, and? It's everyone's fault except those who gave the orders - knowing about it is good enough. *sigh*
The point on accountability is that it takes the wind out of the sails for calls to launch a torture investigation against Bush Administration officials, when it appears that the CIA's decision to utilize torture received the appropriate level of Congressional oversight, and that Congress, both Democrats and Republicans, failed to keep the Executive in check.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
B: How do you feel about Holder judging other men on "crimes" that he has committed, do you feel he should step down and ask the justice department to investigate him?

He has committed no crimes because he is presumed innocent until proven guilty. For the same reason he should not be asked to step down. If there is evidence or indications that he is guilty of a crime he should be investigated and if evidence warrants he should be tried. If he is found guilty then he should go to jail and be removed at that time. It is very simple. Torture is a crime and anybody who has been a part of it is guilty of that crime. Anybody who is found guilty of a crime should be subject to the penalty proscribed for that crime. ABSOLUTELY NOBODY, should be above the law.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Starbuck1975
Gotta love the repub view on accountability here. The buck stops...way over there with someone else of a different party! Pelosi is a sleazy politician, yeah, and? It's everyone's fault except those who gave the orders - knowing about it is good enough. *sigh*
The point on accountability is that it takes the wind out of the sails for calls to launch a torture investigation against Bush Administration officials, when it appears that the CIA's decision to utilize torture received the appropriate level of Congressional oversight, and that Congress, both Democrats and Republicans, failed to keep the Executive in check.
I don't think it takes the wind out of the sails as much as it realigns the target. Congress won't pull the trigger as a result.

who wins then?

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Fear No Evil
This is a question to any leftist:

I enjoy seeing you repeat that question over and over and getting no answer. Quite entertaining.

Did Holder seek to upend torture policy via White House Legal Memos too?

He has been a busy fellow these first 100 days, I must have missed when he did that.

ok SO I finally read into exactly wtf you are talking about wrt Clinton, Holder, and "Renditions"

Holder should step down if someone accuses him of a crime and he is found guilty. Otherwise, we had to put up with Alberto Gonzalez and his idiocy for far too long, you can put up with Holder.

So much for that stupid question....

If Rendition is illegal and wrong then I expect someone to bring charges against the perps. I suspect extraordinary rendition is just as bad....which is something GWB authorized and is something that took place under his presidency. SO now there is a game being played in Washington over who tortured first? And we are supposed to defend our "teams" and keep pointing over to the other side and yell "THEY DID IT FIRST!!!"

Well then.....aren't we just the perfect little party puppets? :)

Alot of players can be culpable to a certain extent, which means alot of people end up with blood on their hands. How do I feel about it? I say investigate GWB, and if someone wants to investigate Clinton then have at it.

"bu bu bu but but Clinton"

It's not who did it first or but but but Clinton.

I find it hilarious that the left is so outraged over torture but have such a short memory and don't recall that Eric Holder had a big role in the Clinton Administration and torture through rendition.

I'm surprised that all theses "moral" leftists weren't more outraged with Holder, Clinton and Obama...... oh wait, no I'm not.