Chrysler: "The bailout very very good to me"

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
From the article...

Chrysler is in the awkward position of paying about $30 million in retention bonuses to keep top executives while the company cuts thousands of jobs.

So thousands of workers lose their jobs and the incompetent fools who ran the company into the ground get rewarded for it. Fvcking sickening is what it is. :|

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Robor
From the article...

Chrysler is in the awkward position of paying about $30 million in retention bonuses to keep top executives while the company cuts thousands of jobs.

So thousands of workers lose their jobs and the incompetent fools who ran the company into the ground get rewarded for it. Fvcking sickening is what it is. :|
Chump change, not even real money. Goldman Sachs is paying $6.8B in bonuses and they got about $6 from uncle sam :thumbsup:

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: Robor
From the article...

Chump change, not even real money. Goldman Sachs is paying $6.8B in bonuses and they got about $6 from uncle sam :thumbsup:

Maybe by comparison but it does matter. Ask those who were laid off and I'll bet they agree. I know I do. I've been laid off 2x in the past 4 years. The first time the company went bankrupt due to mismanagement and was swallowed by a larger company. In less than a year our branch of 100 people was eliminated. The top execs were replaced and left with large bonuses (I don't remember specifics but it was upper 6 and low 7 figures). I got 8 weeks (capped) of severance for 18 1/2 years of work. The other company downsized 33% of the work force. The CEO in charge was laid off as well but he got his bonuses and 1 year of severance. Non-execs got 1 week/year so II got 2 weeks + remaining vac/sick time.