Chrysler Neon, What's up with them???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SyahM

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2001
Hey B00ne, you might want to check out cars from Malaysia - any Proton or Perodua :)
very small cute lil' car and el' cheapo price.

Edit: linky to their sites.

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Opel Corsa with monstrous 33kw :) - but I still lost my license due to speeding on the Autobahn in Germany (for 1 month)
here is a pic of one

Wow. Is that the Dual Overhead Hampster Cam, or the SOHC version?

Dunno its 1.2l/45hp, guess it's sohc then - thank god it's 1.2l. Ive driven a VW Polo with just 1l and 45hp and that one sucked (not the car though), consumes gas like a way bigger car (at least when driven like those need to be driven to get going :), so even for a city car a total f*ck up - well at least VW stopped to produce that version fast...

ps: I think the 16V is 1.6l and 100something hp - it's a go-kart (mine is 1800pound) :)

@Zemmervolt: :) I kinda know, was exchange student in the US too, but where I was Trucks were the main means of transportation :) But the Automatic thing wouldnt worry me automatics are just starting to become more popular now that u can shift urself and so - and 3 speeds I dont know if they could sell something like that...

Anyway no Neon for me - seem like way too low quality, hence the intriguing price :)

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
my son's GF has one, a late model year, too, & what a POS - rattles, interior stuff falling off, etc.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Unless you're a cheap bastard, spend the money on a decent car. I'm sure that you can find some QUALITY low-end cars over there in Germany.

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
well I just started to work have lots of other expenses now and and my car is prolly not gonna make the TÜV in march and I guess I wont have the cash for a real car by then. Yes, I have heard of rate payments in whichever form, but no I am a cash man - for a car anyway, I for myself think one shouldnt go into debt.

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
I've rented a couple 2000+ models. Better than a Saturn IMO. I would buy a used one (but not a new one). Some one year old ones with 25,000 miles are going for under $10,000. That's a good deal IMO.

Mavrick007

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2001
Originally posted by: ncircle
has the Neon become the Pacer or Horizon of the mid to late 90's?

It's more like the K-car.. just a cheap poc.

I wouldn't say the vw golf is smaller, because I put more in my dad's golf than I could put in the neon. I would go with a good late model golf myself. Get one of the turbo diesels.

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Millennium
Originally posted by: minendo
It's a golf cart with a new plastic body.

Plus it is made of crap.

And people wonder where ignorance comes from. It's comments like that, that make the world go round.
rolleye.gif

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: vi_edit
hmm so basically nothing wrong with them?

They go through head gaskets like George Clooney goes through women.

Only 1st-gen's, they fixed all bugs that were in the 1st-gen's are fixed. The 2nd-gen's are dope. :D

Mavrick007

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2001

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: LAUST
Originally posted by: yellowfiero
trannys suck.
LOL, did we start talkin about the Ram and I missed it? ;)

*smack*

Oh, wait... I agree with ya. Nevermind. :p

And that Neon... Umm, wow. Of course, at that stage, it's not really a Neon any more. Just has a Neon shell.

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Evadman
Originally posted by: LAUST
Originally posted by: yellowfiero
trannys suck.
LOL, did we start talkin about the Ram and I missed it? ;)

*smack*

Oh, wait... I agree with ya. Nevermind. :p

And that Neon... Umm, wow. Of course, at that stage, it's not really a Neon any more. Just has a Neon shell.
Plus once your warranty is up you are gonna be smart and get that thing built like a Sherman tank... RIGHT!!??!! ;)

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Plus once your warranty is up you are gonna be smart and get that thing built like a Sherman tank... RIGHT!!??!! ;)[/quote]

Warranty? What warranty? :p

If I could find someone who could program an Allison computer and trans to work in my truck, I would be the happy camper!

You hear that Ford and GM will be working on a trans together? That is nifty. I hope they sell it to dodge :p