Chrono Trigger is an unofficial adaptation of Back to the Future with some other western history features

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Chrono is Marty
Marle is Jen
Lucca and Taban are Doc Emmett Brown.
The energetic theme of Robo's theme is based on Stock Aitken Waterman song, of which two Rick Astley songs share clear similarities.
Epoch is the Delorean

The opening theme gives some Rick Nowels 80s pop vibes.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
And who's Magus? Biff?

Or would that be Queen Zeal??

My head hurts...

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
The plot of the first movie is played out through Marle in the first part of the story in the game's "Middle Ages". Marle shows up, the search party stops searching for her ancestor, Leene, and she starts disappearing. Just like how Marty' presence interfered with his procreation.

Reactions: Zeze

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Who's Lavos then? Ayla?
Lavos got me stumped. So it seems all I can say is Lavos is their original in-house injection into the story. Villains that would culminate the in the making of Jenova and Sephiroth in FFVII just a few years later.

Can't think of an analogue to Ayla just yet. Although the dino craze of the 90s certainly played a factor for the 65 million world. I guess Ayla is like Maggie McFly as the "ancient era" ancestor since the Zeal era pointed out no named ancestors and each of the Zeal Royal children didn't really procreate. If Magus was feeling....deprived, he probably got it on with Nagaettes.

I have come to think of Lavos as Mr. Alien Porcupine who had dream sex with Queen Zeal.

Reactions: Zeze