Chrome Flashplayer Lags on Hd Streaming video

FrankRamiro

Sep 5, 2012
Hi guys Chrome has been my favorite browser but lately Hd Streaming video some times legs,so i installed Firefox and same streaming site the same Video is fine.
Do you guys experience same issue?i know that Chrome has its own flash player and not good support for flash player ?while Fire fox and Win use genuine Flash player

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Where are you streaming videos from? maybe its just that site, playback of flash videos depends on the encoding quality? Also, are you sure they are flash? Do you have latest version of flash?

In my experience Chrome plays flash videos better.

FrankRamiro

Sep 5, 2012
Where are you streaming videos from? maybe its just that site, playback of flash videos depends on the encoding quality? Also, are you sure they are flash? Do you have latest version of flash?

In my experience Chrome plays flash videos better.

Thanks; Well i was Streaming from Espn3 and on Chrome was kinda Legging but on Firefox it was good.

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
I've noticed that Flash CPU usage is much higher in Chrome compared to Edge or Opera, but still never had any issues here.

Oct 16, 1999
Try going to chrome://gpu in the address bar and see if all hardware acceleration is enabled. If it's not go to chrome://flags and try enabling "Override software rendering list" and "Enable GPU rasterization." There are other settings that my help too.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Try going to chrome://gpu in the address bar and see if all hardware acceleration is enabled. If it's not go to chrome://flags and try enabling "Override software rendering list" and "Enable GPU rasterization." There are other settings that my help too.

Good Info, bookmarked!