christians, what do you guys think of this video

Kalvin00

Lifer
Jan 11, 2003
Many are so brainwashed into blind faith that they would just blow it off. No amount of evidence and logic is going to convince them otherwise.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Unoriginal choice of bait and the presentation is lackluster. The angling skills are weak with this one.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: George P Burdell
P&N

A forum for more serious discussions of politics and current events. Passions are always high on all sides of these subjects so keep your posts on topic. PERSONAL FLAMES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

:confused:

YoungGun21

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
I don't see how this is trolling?

Just cause it goes against your beliefs does not make it trolling.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Kalvin00
Originally posted by: uhohs
try harder young troll, one day you might suceed.

See? There's a brainwashed fool right here.

It's also possible to be just as brainwashed into automatically discounting religion and faith as blind.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: YoungGun21
I don't see how this is trolling?

Just cause it goes against your beliefs does not make it trolling.

Wait, will you please help a drunk Dain out and tell me how this would go against any of my religious beliefs? I'm drunk. Please help me.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
You already know the answer, and you know it's just going to piss people off. Why not just go back to feeling superior to those that have faith, trying to be smug at the same time isn't working.

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005

name calling and insults are cool, because they make you a superior person compared to us brainwashed fools. :thumbsup:

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
Wait, how about some reverse trolling.

ATHEISTS ARE DELUSIONAL! Because numerous unquoted scientific studies show that atheists are 10x more likely to start trolling threads just to show their "superiority" over those of faith. You believe this!

clickynext

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2004
Good god, that video is just as annoying as the ones that promote a religion. The guy's voice really bothers me.

tasmanian

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Whisper

It's also possible to be just as brainwashed into automatically discounting religion and faith as blind.

I have yet to see any proof of god other then people saying "well how did we get here, it was god." The bible is just a book not proof.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Originally posted by: tasmanian

I have yet to see any proof of god other then people saying "well how did we get here, it was god." The bible is just a book not proof.

Just because there exists no direct proof, at least in a scientific sense, does not mean that people aren't able to put great amounts of time into personal reflection regarding their faith, religion, and beliefs in God.

I know quite a few very intelligent atheists and agnostics, and quite a few very intelligent individuals of faith. Having, or not having, faith is in no way indicative of level of intellect, nor of the presence of "brainwashing."

Mucho

Oct 20, 2001
Since atheist can not prove that god doesn't exist and theist can't prove that god does exist, therefore both side of the arguments is base on faith, is it not?

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by: tasmanian

Just because there exists no direct proof, at least in a scientific sense, does not mean that people aren't able to put great amounts of time into personal reflection regarding their faith, religion, and beliefs in God.

I know quite a few very intelligent atheists and agnostics, and quite a few very intelligent individuals of faith. Having, or not having, faith is in no way indicative of level of intellect, nor of the presence of "brainwashing."

Sure, if we can agree that faith is not a virtue. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it indicates a certain willingness to overlook contradictions when convenient.

Anyway, the OP and that video fails on every level. It makes extremely basic arguments in a moronically roundabout and condescending way. For god's (or a lack thereof's) sake if you're not going to do it right, don't do it at all.