Christians to offer apology at Gay Pride Parade

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Thats quite alot of guilt being plied onto 1 religion...How about asking Islam to apologize aswell, I mean they still kill gays by law in most of their countries.

Depends, is that what Christians base how "good" their religion is, by comparing it to Islam?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
This. Yes there are some Christians who have attacked the Gay community but how many Christians have actually used force or kill gays? Compare that to radical Islam which kills gay people.

Ok ok ok.

I will state the obvious for you, Islam is way worse to gays then Christians are but Christians do not treat gays anything remotely like their Christ would. Happy?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Of course you support this because you're anti-Christian. How many Christians have attacked and killed gay people? Now compare that to radical Islam.

Supporting the actions of a Christian pastor is anti-Christian????

Frankly if Christians on a whole did something like this they would gain a lot more respect from me, how exactly is that "anti-Christian"?

And I know Islam is worse, so you can skip that part when you reply.

Apr 27, 2012
Because Incorruptible lumps all Muslims into one group and Christians into another. But this is the simplistic view that he perceives which causes his distorted image of reality. Incorruptible which extra chromosome do you have or which one are you lacking?

I don't lump all Muslims together and I never have.

Wtf? I am a Christian you chowderhead. How about you stick to the op's topic instead of Islam bashing.

Based on the way that you post I have a hard time believing it.

Ok ok ok.

I will state the obvious for you, Islam is way worse to gays then Christians are but SOME Christians do not treat gays anything remotely like their Christ would. Happy?

I FTFY but I 100% agree with you though. There are Christians who treat gays like regular people and there are also some who treat them very badly and this is wrong.

The Christians who treat gays badly aren't real Christians because they aren't doing what Christ would do. Many of them are full of hate and don't follow the teachings of Christ.

The Christians who treat gays badly should stop this behavior which is wrong and apologize. BUT radical Islam is way worse to gays because many of them want to KILL GAYS and have far more hatred for them compared to Christians.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
I don't lump all Muslims together and I never have.

I FTFY but I 100% agree with you though. There are Christians who treat gays like regular people and there are also some who treat them very badly and this is wrong.

The Christians who treat gays badly aren't real Christians because they aren't doing what Christ would do. Many of them are full of hate and don't follow the teachings of Christ.

The Christians who treat gays badly should stop this behavior which is wrong and apologize. BUT radical Islam is way worse to gays because many of them want to KILL GAYS and have far more hatred for them compared to Christians.

So in other words, people who claim to be Christian or Muslim or whatever are largely hypocrites. That would make sense since most people in this world adhere to a certain religion yet the world is full of chaos.

Let's not separate people any further please. Cut this BS about Christian this or Muslim that. We're humans first, aren't we?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

Wow, I almost agree with you.

Out of curiosity though, why is it whenever anyone says "Christians do XYZ" you feel the need to point out that another religion, namely Islam, is worse? The thread isn't about what Islam does or has done to anyone and frankly there isn't a chance in hell anyone is going to change Islam anytime soon. OTOH, every once in a while at least some Christians can be convinced to "see the light" so to speak. So again, why?

I am not quite sure if its fear/hate of Islam that makes you think of them regardless of the topic or perhaps insecurity in your own religion that makes you want to point out that there is worse? If its the latter it is kind of like winning an argument against a retard, you are supposed to win and if you don't you are really really retarded.

Careful. The same can be said about you. I have read the goddamn bible cover to cover three times so I am more educated on Christianity than the vast majority of Christians.

Last edited:

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
I agree.

It's not easy to admit you're wrong no matter what in life. To admit being wrong after doing so much to harm a community is doubly hard.

The only problem is that the Christians that would go through the effort to give such an apology likely weren't the ones that committed the actions they're apologizing for. It's great that they're doing it, but aside from a scant number of ex-gay bashers, there should be no moral obligation to apologize for hicks that happen to be of approximately the same religious persuasion.

Vaux

May 24, 2013
Just another example of christian people picking and choosing which parts of the bible they feel like believing in.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Just another example of christian people picking and choosing which parts of the bible they feel like believing in.

One of the longest and most destructive wars in Europe was between Catholics and Protestants over picking and chosing

finglobes

Dec 13, 2010
Homosexual blood donors were largely responsible for the deaths of over 10,000 hemophiliacs in the 1980s. It was due to that tragedy that homosexuals were banned from donating blood - a ban they want eradicated (just like the ban on foreign AIDS patients they got lifted - an obviously irresponsible act as far as disease transmission goes). Maybe its time the gay groups apologize to the families of the victims.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Homosexual blood donors were largely responsible for the deaths of over 10,000 hemophiliacs in the 1980s. It was due to that tragedy that homosexuals were banned from donating blood - a ban they want eradicated (just like the ban on foreign AIDS patients they got lifted - an obviously irresponsible act as far as disease transmission goes). Maybe its time the gay groups apologize to the families of the victims.

It wasn't intentional, numbnuts.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

Do you know of any religions' followers who follow it 100% all the time? Maybe Buddhist monks?

Apr 27, 2012

We can thank liberals and political correctness for this BS.

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
There's folks around here too immature to even concede that they're wrong despite being anonymous participants on an Internet forum. To be willing to go out in public and apologize like this shows both courage and respect for the real teachings behind Christianity.

I have a lot of respect for the people doing this.
I absolutely agree.

The expressions of prejudice in society through the ages has long enabled horrid results that some still refuse to come to terms with.

As part of healing and reconciliation, it is wonderful to witness public expressions against prejudice upon homosexuals and that such actions have caused great harm:

Winnipeg Free Press

"Christians have caused a great deal of harm and alienation for people in the LGBT community," says Jamie Arpin-Ricci, pastor of Little Flowers Church in the city's West End and organizer of the Winnipeg I'm Sorry campaign.

"As Christians we have done wrong, and we want to say sorry," he says. "This is one way of making an unqualified apology and publicly committing ourselves to do better."

The Winnipeg I'm Sorry event is part of an international I'm Sorry movement started by the Marin Foundation of Chicago, a non-profit group that works to build bridges between the LGBT community and the church.

Christians who participate in the Foundation's I'm Sorry campaign take the "I'm Sorry pledge," committing themselves to "listening to the stories of others and seeking to understand," striving to "make things better for the LBGT community," and affirming "God's love for everyone."

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
I think gay tolerace would be one of the teachings of christ.

Jesus said to love your neighbor. There was no mention of unless your neighbor is gay.

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
This is what happens with a troll and anti-Christian thread.

Fucking stupid. I am still waiting for you to even explain why you think this is an anti Christian thread. A Christian leader reaching out to those who have been treated in a less than Christ like manner isn't anti Christian. And to top it off you went full retard on Muslims. Like I said earlier the advasary is hard at work in your soul and you don't even know it.

Last edited: