Christian Bale to star in Terminator 4 as . . .

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 4, 2004
Originally posted by: rh71
McG prob won't take an all-serious tone... ever seen Supernatural? Good entertainment with some creative funny stuff thrown in.

I seriously don't have any expectations for this movie. I mean, the dude directed the Charlie's Angels movies (Full Throttle is easily one of the worst movies ever).

Whatever happened to Edward Furlong? I only remember him from T2, American History X and that Aerosmith video. Why not bring back the real John Connor to play John Connor?

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
McG prob won't take an all-serious tone... ever seen Supernatural? Good entertainment with some creative funny stuff thrown in.

I seriously don't have any expectations for this movie. I mean, the dude directed the Charlie's Angels movies (Full Throttle is easily one of the worst movies ever).

Whatever happened to Edward Furlong? I only remember him from T2, American History X and that Aerosmith video. Why not bring back the real John Connor to play John Connor?

He got old and still looked the same, didn't look anything like the adult John Connor we saw a bit of in the future scenes from T2.

soydios

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2006
Terminator 4 = :thumbsdown: (unless they make the best sequel to any movie of all time)
Christian Bale as John Connor = :thumbsup: (after Batman Begins, I will give Terminator 4 the benefit of the doubt and watch with an open mind)

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
Didn't Furlong also turn into a druggie?

He got busted for possession of pot, in Okalahoma. Dumb ass. That alone should keep him from every doing a cool role again, imho. :roll:

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: marvdmartian

He got busted for possession of pot, in Okalahoma. Dumb ass. That alone should keep him from every doing a cool role again, imho. :roll:

So he shouldn't be allowed to act because he smokes pot? :roll:

Oct 4, 2004

Yes, because no actors/writers/directors/musicians do any kind of illegal substances. :roll:

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
Originally posted by: LoKe

I think his point is that hollywood will be reluctant to hire him now that he's been busted. Image concerns and all...

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Sureshot324
Originally posted by: LoKe

I think his point is that hollywood will be reluctant to hire him now that he's been busted. Image concerns and all...

I don't think that was his point at all. That may have been rh71's point, but not marv's.

Oct 4, 2004

Image might be important if you are the teenage star of a Disney Channel production and have a leaked sex tape/drug-related OD or arrest. It really doesn't matter unless the actor's life is in shambles, barely able to function or report to the set on time. And pot isn't in the same ballpark as a serious coke/heroin problem.

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004

OMGWTF, McG is directing?!?!? :confused:

This could be epic fail :(

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
WTF? McG?! Great. The Terminator frnachise is officially done.

I liked T3 and think Stahl did a fine job. At least the John Conner in T3 didn't scream like a little bitch in every scene.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
they should have left it at 2. even if they do another one, without schwarzenegger, it's not going to be even remoetly good. and somehow, i don't think schwarzenegger can take time off.

T3 is kind of like Matrix 2 and 3 and Godfather 3 in my opinion -- they don't really exist. I like to just ignore them.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i can't take seriously anything from a guy named 'McG'

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Agentbolt
Am I the only person who enjoyed T3? REALLY? Come on, it wasn't that bad at all

I went into 3 fully expecting it to suck but I ended up really enjoying it too ... the hot blonde Terminator was bad-ass!

Somhow I have serious doubts about a 4th one though.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Captante
Originally posted by: Agentbolt
Am I the only person who enjoyed T3? REALLY? Come on, it wasn't that bad at all

I went into 3 fully expecting it to suck but I ended up really enjoying it too ... the hot blonde Terminator was bad-ass!

Somhow I have serious doubts about a 4th one though.

Oh c'mon. Hasn't the novelty of seeing a 110 pound woman who only possesses the bare minimum musculature to look good in a tube-top toss around 200+ pound men worn off by now?

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Bale is pretty bad ass in Equilibrium and Batman ... so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sounds like T4 might be worth watching if it ever comes out. I mean, it can't be too much worse than T3, can it?

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Kev
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
they should have left it at 2. even if they do another one, without schwarzenegger, it's not going to be even remoetly good. and somehow, i don't think schwarzenegger can take time off.

T3 is kind of like Matrix 2 and 3 and Godfather 3 in my opinion -- they don't really exist. I like to just ignore them.
Yeah, same goes for Resident Evil 3.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
WTF? McG?! Great. The Terminator frnachise is officially done.

I liked T3 and think Stahl did a fine job. At least the John Conner in T3 didn't scream like a little bitch in every scene.

You know, McG is involved with two of the better shows on TV . . . Chuck and Supernatural. I'm at least willing to give him a chance.