Chris Mathews chomps down on her leg and shakes her.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Saw this yeaterday. I do like Chris Mathews but he can be a serious MF.

He does have a valid point any candidate for VP should know how the constitution describes the duties but damn I thought somebody off camera was going to throw in the white towel.

Clip

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Good, that woman needs a beating.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/polit...10/mccain-adviser.html

Pfotenhauer on the "real Virginia." The anchor is a nice guy and gives her a chance to "back off that ledge" but instead she takes a swan dive.

The funny thing is it's pretty clear what she is trying to say, she just says it horribly. If she wants to say that Northern Virginia is an extention of the MetroDC area and that area tends to be democratic, they just say that. Instead she opts for divisive douchebaggery.

ED: holy crap, Pfotenhauer had 5 kids? What the hell is in Republican drinking water? (I was referring to Pfoten and Palin still lookin pretty good for all the wear n tear, not their succeptibility to impregnation.)

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Originally posted by: jonks

Pfotenhauer on the "real Virginia." The anchor is a nice guy and gives her a chance to "back off that ledge" but instead she takes a swan dive.

The funny thing is it's pretty clear what she is trying to say, she just says it horribly. If she wants to say that Northern Virginia is an extention of the MetroDC area and that area tends to be democratic, they just say that. Instead she opts for divisive douchebaggery.

Yup.

Pfotenhauer is a phuckin' pharce.

Matthews is a bulldog at times and pounds people to answer the damn question.

And that's a good thing. I gots no problem with calling out someone on their BS.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Mathews is accused of being partisan but he hates a few things

1) Misstating or misunderstanding history
2) Misstating or misunderstanding our governmental structure
3) People who don't talk about him.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006

ED: holy crap, Pfotenhauer had 5 kids? What the hell is in Republican drinking water?

It all adds up now... the Republicans don't like Abortion. They don't like same sex couples. Some of them forbid contraception.

What's the real message here? Have lots of kids who can vote.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I generally don't like Chris Matthews of his show (too many free for all panel arguments)l, but he is a true delight when he is interviewing an idiot. He acts nice, doesn't bully and gives them just enough rope to hang themselves. Bill O'Reilly could take a few lessons from him.

His interview of that wack job from Minnesota last week (investigate the unamerican Democratic members of Congress, specifically including Obama) was a classic.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Her little bird snickering really helped her case too. Man the Reds need to drop that lamo.. actually wait.. keep her and keep losing please.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I generally like Chris Matthews, but he was being a major prick.

Plus, he was wrong. The Constitution only defines the minimum parameters of the VP role. Much of what a VP does or doesn't do is at the sole discretion of the President.

Most likely when Palin and McCain met about her accepting the VP slot they discussed what her role might be. So yes, as President of the Senate she may be charged by McCain with responsibility for developing policy in the Senate (at least on the Repub side), particularly with regards to energy/drilling.

What did Chris want Palin to say to the kid asking her the question? "My job is to hang around in the case the old guys dies?"

Fern

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Dari
WTF is up with the red leather suit? This isn't the '80s.

She looks like she's auditioning for a Michael Jackson video circa '1983.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorski
Daily Show has been having a lot of fun with her.
:evil: So would I

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo

Yup.

Pfotenhauer is a phuckin' pharce.

Matthews is a bulldog at times and pounds people to answer the damn question.

And that's a good thing. I gots no problem with calling out someone on their BS.

Thanks for the laugh!

I saw that segment and I thought she was being an ass by going all over the place but not admitting she didn't know the answer or, when Chris gave her the correct answer, kept trying to spin it to shield Sarah.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Can't believe you guys are swooning for her.

I would sue her plastic surgeon if I were her.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: Fern

Plus, he was wrong. The Constitution only defines the minimum parameters of the VP role. Much of what a VP does or doesn't do is at the sole discretion of the President.

Most likely when Palin and McCain met about her accepting the VP slot they discussed what her role might be. So yes, as President of the Senate she may be charged by McCain with responsibility for developing policy in the Senate (at least on the Repub side), particularly with regards to energy/drilling.

What did Chris want Palin to say to the kid asking her the question? "My job is to hang around in the case the old guys dies?"

Fern

Chris was being an ass that's true but seriously look at Palin's response in the first place. The way she said it made it sound like she was preside over the senate, not work with fellow Republicans.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004

Fern
You are correct with regard to the Vice President's responsibilities within the executive branch.

The Vice President's role as "President of the Senate", however, is entirely at the discretion of the Senate. The Houses of Congress get to define their procedures and the duties and powers of their officers (aside from those few points specified in the Constitution).

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I think Matthews' tone was excessive. There are a lot more important issues to beat Palin up for than her comments here.

It's true that she has shown ignorance about even the basics of things like the VP role - saying earlier this year someone would have to tell her what the VP does and now poorly describing the role in the Senate - but that's a lot less dangerous than her dishonesty, her political orientation to serve the right-wing agenda and other things.

Besides, you won't find a lot of Cheney's role - things like creating an alternative intelligence group who isn't so picky about reaching conclusions - in the constitution.

Nor are you likely to find his creative interpretation of the VP as a member of the legislative branch, to avoid the laws on oversight of the executive branch as he hid information.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Fern

Hahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

microbial

Oct 10, 2008
This question was asked at the one VP debate, and Biden schooled Palin on the role of the VP. Biden went on to state that Cheney was probably the most dangerous VP in the history of the US. Mathews should have had that clip cued-up.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
That lady is pretty well maintained, no doubt about it.

EDIT: She is 44, I think.

EDIT again: he really is a total ass. I like it, though, because I happen to agree with him :)

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
LOL - classic. I love how he doesnt let it drop and keep nailing her on it and re-iterating the fact that Palin is a nitwit that knows nothing .

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003

Fern

This is wrong because

1. She said she was in charge of the senate. She doesn't understand what "preside" means and that the title of president is weak letter in most systems

2. She wasn't talking to a 2nd or 3rd grader she was answering a question posed by one. The answer was addressed to a reporter and to the public at large.

3. She's shown a lack of understanding of the position before, including the inane claim that the VP was granted flexible powers.