Chris Christie's Speech

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I like Christie too...but I'm not sure if he'll be a suitable President or not...Perknose has incontrovertible proof that his driving record is horrible!!! ;)

This disappoints me. Those facts about his driving record weren't about being a bad driver but about political influence and corruption, and bursting the bubble that claims Christie is a reformer rather than a participant. Disappointing, like I said. Even if you don't like the tone or manner of the fact giver, it doesn't really change what the facts are and the argument should be over the facts, no?

Everybody is going to excuse their behavior based on the behavior of somebody else. This can't happen so easily if the rules of the forum demand neutral and polite decorum.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Christi is great. he is going to be the next president! he is right on and tells it like it is!

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
This disappoints me. Those facts about his driving record weren't about being a bad driver but about political influence and corruption, and bursting the bubble that claims Christie is a reformer rather than a participant.

true driving record shouldn't matter. though if christie bragged about getting wasted and driving you know he would be all over it.

Nov 30, 2006
This disappoints me. Those facts about his driving record weren't about being a bad driver but about political influence and corruption, and bursting the bubble that claims Christie is a reformer rather than a participant. Disappointing, like I said.
Moonie, he actually quoted his driving record.
State motor vehicle documents show that since 1985, Christie, 46, has racked up 25 violation points (not all at one time), has been in six accidents and was cited 13 times for moving violations, including five without points.

Even if you don't like the tone or manner of the fact giver, it doesn't really change what the facts are and the argument should be over the facts, no?

Everybody is going to excuse their behavior based on the behavior of somebody else. This can't happen so easily if the rules of the forum demand neutral and polite decorum.
Ok, let's talk about facts.

Link 1 - This alludes to an alleged incident of favoritism. I couldn't find any evidence that Christie was charged with any ethics violation or that the assertion was ever investigated. I can't find any facts that prove whether this allegation is true or not.

Link 2 - This one is a story where Christie was not issued traffic ticket after an accident that injured motorcyclist in 2002. "The officer, who did not witness the accident, opted not to issue a ticket." The writer speculates that Christie used his position to influence the officer's decision. Again, there are no facts given to support this assertion.

Link 3 - Story about Christie's financial relationship with Michele Brown with several allusions to misconduct. I couldn't find any evidence that Christie was charged with any ethics violations or that this was ever investigated. Looks like a hit piece to me....long on speculation and short on facts.

Link 4 - Story about GOP governor candidate Chris Christie failing to report loan interest on his income tax return. Christie said it was an oversight. No charges filed. Non-story.

Link 5 - More partisan claptrap. No evidence that Christie was charged with ethics violations or that this even warranted an investigation. Another non-story.

Link 6 - Involves a campaign ad where Christie accuses Democratic Gov. Jon Corzine of not paying state income taxes the previous year. Corzine’s campaign says the claim is an "outright lie." The writer of the article stated that they found Christie's ad true in a literal sense, but thought its implications were false. Another fucking non-story.

From these 6 links (which are essentially questionable allegations and innuendos devoid of facts), Perknose thinks they somehow prove something horrible about Christie's character. The real irony here is that he insists on only fact-based rebuttals without rhetorical deflection...what a joke.

In my opinion, Perknose is a pathetic hack and in desperate need of a cephalanalectomy.

Last edited:

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
In my opinion, Perknose is a pathetic hack and in desperate need of a cephalanalectomy.

Absolutely this.

He supposedly wants facts but just spews empty rhetoric and partisan hackery. Then he spews vitriol and hate towards anyone who doesn't agree with his brand of crazy.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I wasn't aware telling the truth was a bannable offense. Being a racist trolling piece of sociopathic shit certainly isn't. Some of them have 60,000 posts.

This was not directed at you. Perks got the patience of Job.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009

That wasn't directed at you, or him. It was in reference to how people who spew absolute garbage for years and have 60,000 post counts seem to never get banned. My apologies if it seemed otherwise.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Doc Savage Fan: Moonie, he actually quoted his driving record.

M: Of course he did, that's not the point; he didn't quote it to show that Christie is a bad driver. He quoted it to provide the background for the favoritism allegations. His record of citations may indicate that Christie is a reckless and dangerous asshole behind the wheel, which you must have intuitively realized by the form your deflection took, but that wasn't the point. So please stop with this shameful insistence that if you quote somebody's driving record you do so to call them a bad driver. The charge was favoritism and the begging off of responsibility via political influence.

DSF: OK, let's talk about facts.

M: No, we are going to talk about fact as they relate to context and what facts imply in the real world, not facts themselves but what they say to an unbiased mind.

DSF: Link 1 - This alludes to an alleged incident of favoritism. I couldn't find any evidence that Christie was charged with any ethics violation or that the assertion was ever investigated. I can't find any facts that prove whether this allegation is true or not.

M: Well that is simple enough. All we have to do is ask the person granting the favor did so out of favoritism, fear, desire for some future perk, etc. However, I have discovered in a long life of analysis of the motivation of others, that it is very very difficult to get somebody to confess to a crime when the only other person who might know the truth won't tell. Thus it is that favoritism often goes unpunished because the only folk who know the absolute truth are the ones practicing it. For the rest of us it just comes down to appearance, and we still have 5 more claims of it to go.

DSF: Link 2 - This one is a story where Christie was not issued traffic ticket after an accident that injured motorcyclist in 2002. "The officer, who did not witness the accident, opted not to issue a ticket." The writer speculates that Christie used his position to influence the officer's decision. Again, there are no facts given to support this assertion.

M: Again, we just have to ask the officer that what looks like favoritism is or isn't. Until he tells us the truth the best we can say is that it looks like it.

DSF: Link 3 - Story about Christie's financial relationship with Michele Brown with several allusions to misconduct. I couldn't find any evidence that Christie was charged with any ethics violations or that this was ever investigated. Looks like a hit piece to me....long on speculation and short on facts.

M: You mean facts that imply criminal intent that would have to be volunteered? So what you call speculation remains the appearance of a conflict of interest where the participants simply have to stonewall any accusations to avoid prosecution. You can't convict without proof of a crime but the number of suspicious incidents with Christie keeps growing.

DSF: Link 4 - Story about GOP governor candidate Chris Christie failing to report loan interest on his income tax return. Christie said it was an oversight. No charges filed. Non-story.

M: I know how easy that is to do, Charlie Rangel made the same mistake. Of course the house ethics committee didn't buy it. It's hard to convince law and order Republicans you forgot to pay your taxes. So when an elephant forgets to pay his taxes it has to be a failure of memory? Favoritism at it's finest.

DSF: Link 5 - More partisan claptrap. No evidence that Christie was charged with ethics violations or that this even warranted an investigation. Another non-story.

M: Goodness me, so so very many non stories. hehehehehe

DSF: Link 6 - Involves a campaign ad where Christie accuses Democratic Gov. Jon Corzine of not paying state income taxes the previous year. Corzine’s campaign says the claim is an "outright lie." The writer of the article stated that they found Christie's ad true in a literal sense, but thought its implications were false. Another fucking non-story.

M: So we see the power of denial in action, the ability to deflect case after case of the appearance of unethical behavior against a person who claims to be an ethics reformer and seeks a reputation on that. This is why it isn't just unethical behavior that should disqualify a person from claiming to be ethical, but the fact that there are so very many points in his life where suspicions are generated. He may appear to you to be innocent, even though you cite 6 examples where it's bull shit. How many examples of bull shit smoke does it take to burn your ass?

So you went from accusing the OP of impugning Christie's driving record to claiming no favoritism can exist without prosecution of it, despite the fact that no no appearances of it should be the bar for which a ethics reformer should be able to present to the public to be worthy of that claim.

Everybody knows the Mafia is a criminal organization and there's lots of Mafia members, known to be members, living nice lives, because nobody has caught them at crimes affirmed by a court of law. That's why I always say to myself, self, if a Mafia member runs for governor of my state, on an anti crime campaign, I'm going to vote for him. All these allegations that he's actually a criminal himself are going to fall on my deaf ears, because, by golly, the facts are the facts, all the charges are just fruit cake liberals with their liberal bias childish fear of criminal gangs.

DSF: From these 6 links (which are essentially allegations and innuendos devoid of facts), Perknose thinks they somehow prove something horrible about Christie's character. The real irony here is that he insists on only fact-based rebuttals without rhetorical deflection...what a joke.

M: Prove is the wrong word, in my opinion. You see something and call what you see a fact. I see it and see something else. What I see is a hideously suspicious series of allegations that tell me I smell a rat. Rats I fear, will smell rat perfume. That is just one hell of a bad historical record to claim to be an ethics reformer in my opinion, and for some odd reason I favor my capacity to reason over lots of other people just as you no doubt do here, but man, don't tell me that a criminal record is required to raise ethical questions about somebody's character.

DSF: In my opinion, Perknose is a pathetic hack and in desperate need of a cephalanalectomy.

M: In my opinion you see things as you do because of your brain wiring which is different than mine and that your kind of wiring has caused the scientist to posit you don't have a firm grasp on reality, your altered reality yes, but not the real world as it exists where the appearance of impropriety should earn you a kick from the political system. Sure, we can argue what rises to the level of a rational suspicion. I mean, geez, Christie could easily claim a wide stance on morals.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Doc Savage Fan: Moonie, he actually quoted his driving record.

M: Of course he did, that's not the point; he didn't quote it to show that Christie is a bad driver. He quoted it to provide the background for the favoritism allegations. His record of citations may indicate that Christie is a reckless and dangerous asshole behind the wheel, which you must have intuitively realized by the form your deflection took, but that wasn't the point. So please stop with this shameful insistence that if you quote somebody's driving record you do so to call them a bad driver. The charge was favoritism and the begging off of responsibility via political influence.

DSF: OK, let's talk about facts.

M: No, we are going to talk about fact as they relate to context and what facts imply in the real world, not facts themselves but what they say to an unbiased mind.

DSF: Link 1 - This alludes to an alleged incident of favoritism. I couldn't find any evidence that Christie was charged with any ethics violation or that the assertion was ever investigated. I can't find any facts that prove whether this allegation is true or not.

M: Well that is simple enough. All we have to do is ask the person granting the favor did so out of favoritism, fear, desire for some future perk, etc. However, I have discovered in a long life of analysis of the motivation of others, that it is very very difficult to get somebody to confess to a crime when the only other person who might know the truth won't tell. Thus it is that favoritism often goes unpunished because the only folk who know the absolute truth are the ones practicing it. For the rest of us it just comes down to appearance, and we still have 5 more claims of it to go.

DSF: Link 2 - This one is a story where Christie was not issued traffic ticket after an accident that injured motorcyclist in 2002. "The officer, who did not witness the accident, opted not to issue a ticket." The writer speculates that Christie used his position to influence the officer's decision. Again, there are no facts given to support this assertion.

M: Again, we just have to ask the officer that what looks like favoritism is or isn't. Until he tells us the truth the best we can say is that it looks like it.

DSF: Link 3 - Story about Christie's financial relationship with Michele Brown with several allusions to misconduct. I couldn't find any evidence that Christie was charged with any ethics violations or that this was ever investigated. Looks like a hit piece to me....long on speculation and short on facts.

M: You mean facts that imply criminal intent that would have to be volunteered? So what you call speculation remains the appearance of a conflict of interest where the participants simply have to stonewall any accusations to avoid prosecution. You can't convict without proof of a crime but the number of suspicious incidents with Christie keeps growing.

DSF: Link 4 - Story about GOP governor candidate Chris Christie failing to report loan interest on his income tax return. Christie said it was an oversight. No charges filed. Non-story.

M: I know how easy that is to do, Charlie Rangel made the same mistake. Of course the house ethics committee didn't buy it. It's hard to convince law and order Republicans you forgot to pay your taxes. So when an elephant forgets to pay his taxes it has to be a failure of memory? Favoritism at it's finest.

DSF: Link 5 - More partisan claptrap. No evidence that Christie was charged with ethics violations or that this even warranted an investigation. Another non-story.

M: Goodness me, so so very many non stories. hehehehehe

DSF: Link 6 - Involves a campaign ad where Christie accuses Democratic Gov. Jon Corzine of not paying state income taxes the previous year. Corzine’s campaign says the claim is an "outright lie." The writer of the article stated that they found Christie's ad true in a literal sense, but thought its implications were false. Another fucking non-story.

M: So we see the power of denial in action, the ability to deflect case after case of the appearance of unethical behavior against a person who claims to be an ethics reformer and seeks a reputation on that. This is why it isn't just unethical behavior that should disqualify a person from claiming to be ethical, but the fact that there are so very many points in his life where suspicions are generated. He may appear to you to be innocent, even though you cite 6 examples where it's bull shit. How many examples of bull shit smoke does it take to burn your ass?

So you went from accusing the OP of impugning Christie's driving record to claiming no favoritism can exist without prosecution of it, despite the fact that no no appearances of it should be the bar for which a ethics reformer should be able to present to the public to be worthy of that claim.

Everybody knows the Mafia is a criminal organization and there's lots of Mafia members, known to be members, living nice lives, because nobody has caught them at crimes affirmed by a court of law. That's why I always say to myself, self, if a Mafia member runs for governor of my state, on an anti crime campaign, I'm going to vote for him. All these allegations that he's actually a criminal himself are going to fall on my deaf ears, because, by golly, the facts are the facts, all the charges are just fruit cake liberals with their liberal bias childish fear of criminal gangs.

From these 6 links (which are essentially allegations and innuendos devoid of facts), Perknose thinks they somehow prove something horrible about Christie's character. The real irony here is that he insists on only fact-based rebuttals without rhetorical deflection...what a joke.

You guys need to pace yourselves. Calling Christie a mafioso in 2012, you'll hit Hitler in 2013, W Bush in 2014, and have absolutely nothing left for the actual election in 2016. Slow and steady wins the defamation race, not hysterical four years early.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You guys need to pace yourselves. Calling Christie a mafioso in 2012, you'll hit Hitler in 2013, W Bush in 2014, and have absolutely nothing left for the actual election in 2016. Slow and steady wins the defamation race, not hysterical four years early.

We don't have to wait to 2013 to see Hitler in his demagoguery. Of course, however I love the posing dancing smirk master Mussolini when it comes to demanding respect. But here's a couple of heil Christie's for you. Heil Christie, Heil Christie, we demand respect. Poor poor white men, even women hate you. Running a stiff for President isn't my idea of manly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auCoZq13VL8

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
What is that old saying? Something to effect of its not all over until the fat lady sings.

Well we all heard the fat man sing, yesterday we heard the skinny lady sing, and its still not over. As for Cristie credibility, some people think Cristie has some credibility, as for me I am in the 7-up, the uncola camp. And think, Cristie, Romney, Ryan, and Rice have no credibility and never will.

But there is also the Punkastani Phil factor at work here, as Phil speaks only once a year on groundhogs day. The Presidential fat lady is even more selective, and only sings only once every four years, and only after general election day in November.

As for the other 1461 days of a Presidential term, all posters on P&N feel free to insult each other, call each other idiots and trolls, while thumping their chests. And its hard for me to resists joining that kindergarden class and hurl insults with the best of us. But to do so, we must discard any pretence of us following any rules of legitimate logic, as emotiontional appeals rule the day.

But its still ain't over until the fat lady sings. And then cheer up, the battle lines of the next POTUS election ill start up, as we get a fresh 1461 days to be at each others throats.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
true driving record shouldn't matter. though if christie bragged about getting wasted and driving you know he would be all over it.

What kind of person would brag about driving drunk?

:whiste:

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
What is that old saying? Something to effect of its not all over until the fat lady sings.

Well we all heard the fat man sing, yesterday we heard the skinny lady sing, and its still not over. As for Cristie credibility, some people think Cristie has some credibility, as for me I am in the 7-up, the uncola camp. And think, Cristie, Romney, Ryan, and Rice have no credibility and never will.

But there is also the Punkastani Phil factor at work here, as Phil speaks only once a year on groundhogs day. The Presidential fat lady is even more selective, and only sings only once every four years, and only after general election day in November.

As for the other 1461 days of a Presidential term, all posters on P&N feel free to insult each other, call each other idiots and trolls, while thumping their chests. And its hard for me to resists joining that kindergarden class and hurl insults with the best of us. But to do so, we must discard any pretence of us following any rules of legitimate logic, as emotiontional appeals rule the day.

But its still ain't over until the fat lady sings. And then cheer up, the battle lines of the next POTUS election ill start up, as we get a fresh 1461 days to be at each others throats.

so what? rossanna bar is going to sing? what?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
If Christe ever says he'll move heaven and earth in a speech - look out!

The gravitation pull off him is the only thing keeping the earth in its orbit.....

A little lambada dance and off we go into the sun!

\y'know - because he's really fat....

Last edited:

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Christie wouldn't win the Repub primaries.

Plus he's too fat and intemperate. How does he talk about personal responsibilty yet he is one hamburger away from a heart attack.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
What kind of person would brag about driving drunk?

:whiste:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------JD50 is 100% right. As anyone who irresponsibly operates a motor vehicle while drunk becomes a clear and eminant danger to every one in the vacinity. In that sense Christie is somehat a dime a dozen public safety hazard.

But when Christie drives the New Jersey ship of State while drunk, it should horrify everyone in the nation. As New Jersey public policy is actually driven by pink Eliphants and the DT's.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

:D You cannot be serious. The very first thing he did, when asked a question, was fly off the handle and throw out many excessively vitriolic insults. Job did no such thing.

Last edited:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Nah, if Michael Moore and Roseanne Barr have been unable to eat himself to death, I am not sure it is even possible.

qliveur

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2007
backfire.gif

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I heard that when the Clinton admin left the White House, staffers pulled all the Ws off all the keyboards (heh, no idea if it's true)

In 2016, if Christie becomes president I think the Obama admin should re-install Taft's bathtub. :D