Chris Christie

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
I agree.
I think the Republicans are pissed because if Christie had come out slamming FEMA and Obama they believe it would have won them the election.

And what would slamming FEMA accomplished for the state.

Makes a person look foolish.

It has taken a few disasters for FEMA to figure out how to operate effectively.

Christie responsibility is to New Jersey, to the party. It almost deems if partisans on both sides want the people to suffer so as to make points :(

Apr 27, 2012

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Chris Christie should scare every Liberal out there.
I am a die-hard Liberal, and I would gladly give my vote to him come 2016. Shit, if he ran tomorrow, I'd give him my vote.

Christie/Bloomberg 2016 would be an immense juggernaut to overcome. Maybe they could be the first Independent presidency.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Christie showed himself to be an able politician by being willing to suck a little Obama dick to get the big Obama disaster dollars. Yes, there will be a few Republicans that grouse about him and label him a traitor, but by and large most people will see it as an act he performed to get his constituents the timely help and assistance they need.

He wasn't sucking anyone's dick. He saw a true leader being a leader, and gave credit where credit was due. (to be fair--Romney simply can't compete in that sphere. It is the president's job to handle these situations and had the positions been reversed, we would not have seen Obama last week)

But more than anything, Christie is very likely eying 2016. Romney winning this year would put an end to that plan.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Have you been reading the stories coming out of N.Y. ? Obama didn't handle shit, he did a little PR trip/ photo op with Christie and he's back on the party/campaign trail. They're still pulling bodies out from this disaster, but wasn't Michelle's dress pretty?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/11/obama-closes-out-campaign-with-star-studded-blitz/

what does that story you posted have to do with the assumptive horseshit in your post?

Oh--nothing. of course; just like every other non-substantive comment you have ever made on these forums.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I am a die-hard Liberal, and I would gladly give my vote to him come 2016. Shit, if he ran tomorrow, I'd give him my vote.

Christie/Bloomberg 2016 would be an immense juggernaut to overcome. Maybe they could be the first Independent presidency.

I said this about McCain in 2000. Then we saw what happened to McCain in 2008 when he had to go through the vileness that is the republican party base, brought to you by Karl Rove and Newt Gingrich.

If Christie can be the first to put these irrelevant fundamentalist dicksarves to bed, then more power to him. But until I see anyone able to ignore these worthless people, I can't now endorse such a candidate.

Apr 27, 2012

bloomberg would be a disaster, he believes in big government and banned trans fats

Apr 27, 2012
so do conservatives at least for the stuff they want

There aren't any Conservatives except Ron Paul because people claim to be Conservative and then lie like all politicians. What part of this dont you get. You still didn't respond to my point

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
There aren't any Conservatives except Ron Paul because people claim to be Conservative and then lie like all politicians. What part of this dont you get. You still didn't respond to my point

You don't know what Ron Paul believe in because he's never held a political position where his ideas hold water. Who is to say what he does if elected president?

but you're right--I've yet to see a single conservative in office that does not believe in big government.

Apr 27, 2012
You don't know what Ron Paul believe in because he's never held a political position where his ideas hold water. Who is to say what he does if elected president?

but you're right--I've yet to see a single conservative in office that does not believe in big government.

Ron Paul predicted the recession and financial crash, he was against the bailouts and has already warned us about Iran/Israel

He is one of the only politicians who doesn't serve the MIC and Wall Street, so what your saying is your alright with politicians answering to corporations because thats they do.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I'm not buying the whole VP thing.

I think Christie, like most politicians, used the hurricane for his own political fortunes.

He needed to look responsible and effective etc., so he shows he's out getting as much as aid as possible for his state. And bipartisan seems to be playing well now. So Christie made nice with Obama.

Fern

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I guess I'm one of the few people who wonders if Christie's praise is genuine. He was born in New Jersey and has lived there most or all of his life. It's reasonable to assume he cares about the region and would be genuinely grateful for a fast and competent response from the federal government. Things like giving out his personal number are things that, if I was in Christie's shoes, I would genuinely appreciate.

He certainly looks exhausted and grateful.
20121101_054241_Christie-Obama_300.jpg

or maybe he's just way, way, way, WAY better at faking human emotion than Romney is.

It might not hurt that Romney is going to lose and he's the worst candidate the republicans have fielded for president in my lifetime.

My guess is that we'll see Christie in the 2016 primary, but what happens to him there is way up in the air. The 2000 primary was a dirty, ugly fight and the 2008 primary was a bizarre circus.

Have you been reading the stories coming out of N.Y. ? Obama didn't handle shit, he did a little PR trip/ photo op with Christie and he's back on the party/campaign trail. They're still pulling bodies out from this disaster, but wasn't Michelle's dress pretty?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/11/obama-closes-out-campaign-with-star-studded-blitz/

I remember a recent poster, very like you but maybe a little younger, complaining that Obama was a liability by being in the area because it was pulling resources away from the relief effort. You're older and wiser than that poster though, you realize that Obama being somewhere else is the real outrage.

You should have the balls to actually post your own opinions and stop pretending to be something you're not.
And yet he's the only person to 'second' your post. You can see that he's either very stupid or a parody account... and he's the only one to agree with you.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
<snip>I remember a recent poster, very like you but maybe a little younger, complaining that Obama was a liability by being in the area because it was pulling resources away from the relief effort. You're older and wiser than that poster though, you realize that Obama being somewhere else is the real outrage. .........

There's a huge difference between being at a disaster site and interfering in emergency/rescue efforts and being available to help in damage control/recovery efforts by cutting red tape and making resources quickly available. First Obama went to NJ and slowed rescue efforts, then he jetted off across the country and left the people of NY to fend for themselves while inept political leadership made plans for marathons/fashion shows and other business as usual bullshit as people died. In fact people are still dying from the effects of Sandy in NY while your guy Obama is stroking off on the campaign trail.

http://weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-sandy-victims-beg-help_660345.html

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83321.html

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Report: Christie rejected Mitt Romney rally request
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-christie-rejected-mitt-romney-rally-request/

In other words, Fuck you Mitt. You sink or swim on your own, "buddy".

&#8220;You can&#8217;t tell me he couldn&#8217;t have gone over there for a night rally,&#8221; a Romney campaign source told HuffPost.
An aide to Christie told Huffington Post that the governor, who was scheduled to campaign for Romney before Hurricane Sandy hit, had his hands full dealing with storm damage.

If &#8220;anybody is upset in the Republican Party about this, then they haven&#8217;t been to New Jersey,&#8221; the governor said Sunday. &#8220;Come see the destruction, come see the loss, and then tell me if you&#8217;re going to still criticize me for complimenting somebody who is the President of the United States and who has provided help to my people during one of the worst crises this state has ever faced.&#8221;

that settles it: the Romney campaign has gone full retard. How can these asshats not even begin to comprehend how insignificant their little pony show is compared to the things that Christie is dealing with this week? probably too late to affect Romney either way, but comments like this coming out of his campaign are extremely damning.

Christie looks like a real candidate....I'm almost starting to think that he will get more write-ins tomorrow than Romney will get votes.

:D

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
I guess I'm one of the few people who wonders if Christie's praise is genuine. He was born in New Jersey and has lived there most or all of his life. It's reasonable to assume he cares about the region and would be genuinely grateful for a fast and competent response from the federal government. Things like giving out his personal number are things that, if I was in Christie's shoes, I would genuinely appreciate.

I think so too and have said so from the start.

I also think he has no interest in running for president in 2016.

Chris A

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Been watching him for years!!! He genuinely cares!!! Not always popular but always trying to do what is right. Kind of like the mike Holmes of politics.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Secondly Christie was looking at a very difficult re-election campaign next year. Most people don't follow New Jersey politics so what has been going on might be news to them.

not really... most people don't think he's going to run for reelection.

certainly not if he wants to run for President in 2016; there's just no point in serving as a lame duck Governor of a blue state when he could be devoting his time to giving speeches, appearing on Fox News, and doing the primary groundwork (and working with a personal trainer).

if Christie runs for Governor in 2013, he's not running for President in 2016; likewise, if he decides not to run for a second term, bank on his 2016 run.