Chipotle = thumbsup!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HombrePequeno

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
The burritos at Chipotle are too small. Gordito's burritos are about the right size. Nothing like a $7 burrito that will last you three meals.

Those still get beat out by my house's cook though. I've lived here for three years and I've only seen one person finish one. For some reason our cook doesn't understand regular portions. It is fun, however, to see a freshman ask for two pancakes and seeing the shock on his face when he realizes how bloody huge they are.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Moe's and Qdoba own Chipotle. Chipotle's chicken and steak is flavorless compared to Moe's as far as I am concerned.

[edit]Oh, and far better burritos can be had for a few dollars at a taco stand. I'd much prefer a few chorizo or carne asada soft tacos than the monolithic burrito you get at Chipotle.[/edit]

BoldAsLove

Platinum Member
May 10, 2005
We have a Qdoba right across the street from our chipotle. Is it good? What should I get there...never been.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: HombrePequeno
The burritos at Chipotle are too small. Gordito's burritos are about the right size. Nothing like a $7 burrito that will last you three meals.

Those still get beat out by my house's cook though. I've lived here for three years and I've only seen one person finish one. For some reason our cook doesn't understand regular portions. It is fun, however, to see a freshman ask for two pancakes and seeing the shock on his face when he realizes how bloody huge they are.
You should come down to Portland and visit the "Honkin' Huge" burrito stand at Pioneer Courthouse Square. They are unreal...

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
i have a chipotle down the street from my house and tumbleweed's roll through there. place is dead. of course adalberto's, filiberto's, armando's, and albert's taco's all being in the nearby vicinity probably doesnt help its cause. im sorry but a $8 burrito just doesnt fly over well in southern california.

phatj

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2003
moe's ftw!!!

i stopped eatingt chipotle when i saw the nutritional facts :( wishi i njever read it

moes isnt any better but at least i havent seen the facts yet

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Moe's is plain nasty. Chipotle pork burrito is pretty good. But my favorite is Willy's.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Phoenix86
Originally posted by: eits
christ!

Chipotle Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Burrito
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1375 Calories from Fat 664
% DV*
Total Fat 74g
Saturated Fat 23.5g
Cholesterol 144mg
Sodium 3597mg
Total Carbohydrate 115g
Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugars 7g
Protein 60g
Vitamin A 128%
Vitamin C 100%
Calcium 55%
Iron 32%
Also consider this is over 1/2 your calorie intake.

Sweet, I can buy one for each meal and be good for the whole day, which is particularly awesome because I´m in college and making the big bucks.

Dec 10, 2005
Originally posted by: ADDAvenger
Originally posted by: Phoenix86
christ!

Chipotle Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Burrito
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1375 Calories from Fat 664
% DV*
Total Fat 74g
Saturated Fat 23.5g
Cholesterol 144mg
Sodium 3597mg
Total Carbohydrate 115g
Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugars 7g
Protein 60g
Vitamin A 128%
Vitamin C 100%
Calcium 55%
Iron 32%
Also consider this is over 1/2 your calorie intake.

Sweet, I can buy one for each meal and be good for the whole day, which is particularly awesome because I´m in college and making the big bucks.

If you ate a Chipolte burrito, like the one listed above for every meal, you may wind up dead due to the huge amounts of sodium in each burrito (based on what can be seen on Wikipedia, you shouldn't have more than 2400mg of sodium in a day).

igowerf

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: MIKEMIKE
i just dislike how the ingredients are so seperated.

take a bite from one side, all barbacoa meat
take a bite fro the other side, all beans/rice/guac.

you must be from the midwest where white people make it...

They make it like that in Southern California too. Next time I go, I'll ask if they'll mix it first.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
I might go to Chipotle today since everyone seems to like it. I haven't liked it when i've gone in the past, food was alright, but expensive, and not very filling. Someone recommend me something on the menu to get. I don't like veggies or any kind of weird sauces :p. I do like most kinds of meat (steak, ground beef, chicken, etc.). My main goal is to get something i like for not a whole lot of money, that will leave me feeling full. Well, I guess that's everyone's goal when they go to eat :p