chinese woman tased/beaten for trying to buy iphones at apple store

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
So your entire opinion on these things rests with however the creaky laws have been interpreted?

Are you that much of a nodding donkey that you can't form your own opinion?

You are simply a moron and don't know how the real world and legal system works.

They asked her to leave. She did not. They then were going to arrest her. She resisted arrest. They used force. Everything the cops did was by the book.

Shes lucky they didn't do civil forfeiture on her $16k in cash. If they were really spiteful, they would have. They might not have been ultimately successfully, but they could have easily tied it up for 6-9 months.

Last edited:

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
You are simply a moron and don't know how the real world and legal system works.

Everything the cops did was by the book.

Shes lucky they didn't do civil forfeiture on her $16k in cash. They might not have done so successfully, but they could have easily tied it up for 3-9 months.

I asked you a simple question:

Do you not have an opinion on this beyond how 'by the book' it was?

Do you not stop to think that perhaps The Book is wrong?

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
I asked you a simple question:

Do you not have an opinion on this beyond how 'by the book' it was?

Do you not stop to think that perhaps The Book is wrong?

Again, you are just talking like a dumbass.

I guess you don't ever want the police to use force. If they can't use it when you are resisting, when should they use it? Only when they are looking down the barrel of a loaded gun?

This isn't police brutality at all. It should have never even made the fucking news. You don't have to obey an unlawful order by a cop. But a lawful order, yes you do. And if you don't obey the lawful order, they can and will arrest you. And yes if you resist that arrest they should be allowed to used non lethal force accomplish the arrest.

Last edited:

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
Again, you are just talking like a dumbass.

I guess you don't ever want the police to use force. If they can't use it when you are resisting, when should they use it? Only when they are looking down the barrel of a loaded gun?

Are you so utterly devoid of imagination, that you can't think beyond the two options of always using force, and never using force?

This isn't police brutality at all. It should have never even made the fucking news. You don't have to obey an unlawful order by a cop. But a lawful order, yes you do. And if you don't obey the lawful order, they can and will arrest you. And yes if you resist that arrest they should be allowed to used non lethal force accomplish the arrest.

And back to being a nodding donkey again.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Are you so utterly devoid of imagination, that you can't think beyond the two options of always using force, and never using force?

Alright ladies and gentrleman, let's make a wager! Which one of these fine specimens will cave first???

I'm goin' with the pretty one.

reallyscrued

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2004
Why do I come into threads with sensationalist titles?

"Man shot for trying to buy a donut"

"Girl raped while talking to a black person"

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004

Another whining crybaby for criminal (Turd) rights.
It's really fucking very simple..
you obey or you get tazed or worse.
or in other words...

STOP BREAKING LAWS AND BEING STUPID and you wont get tazed/arrested.

And furthermore.. unless you have done either
A: Military MP Service in a urban environment,
B: Police or other LE training and EXP.
C: have extensive experience working with either of the above as a civilian consultant and have been there.

YOU DON'T GET TO TELL THE COPS HOW TO WRITE THEIR "BOOK".
The "book" is there to protect the officers as well as the suspect.
You resist you are gonna get shot, tazed, tackled, or wrestled, and not nicely in whichever method of the above the officers feel is the safest way to handle it.. and you will be charged for it.

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
Another whining crybaby for criminal (Turd) rights.
It's really fucking very simple..
you obey or you get tazed or worse.
or in other words...

STOP BREAKING LAWS AND BEING STUPID and you wont get tazed/arrested.

And furthermore.. unless you have done either
A: Military MP Service in a urban environment,
B: Police or other LE training and EXP.
C: have extensive experience working with either of the above as a civilian consultant and have been there.

YOU DON'T GET TO TELL THE COPS HOW TO WRITE THEIR "BOOK".
The "book" is there to protect the officers as well as the suspect.
You resist you are gonna get shot, tazed, tackled, or wrestled, and not nicely in whichever method of the above the officers feel is the safest way to handle it.. and you will be charged for it.

I think what we have here, is the lesser-spotted keyboard warrior.

How quaint.

Feb 4, 2009
I challenge anybody who thinks the Police were wrong to invite me to their work place where I will barrage you with insults and rude behavior all day. When I'm asked to leave I'll pause and say no then begin the barrage again.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
I think what we have here, is the lesser-spotted keyboard warrior.

How quaint.

Actually not.. 10 years US Navy during which I pulled several TAD duties with the Shore Patrol MA's
And If you don't care for bluntness then you wouldn't like me in real life either as I am just as assertive in RL as I have "been there"
And yes LE and Turd rights is a very sore subject.

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
Actually not.. 10 years US Navy during which I pulled several TAD duties with the Shore Patrol MA's
And If you don't care for bluntness then you wouldn't like me in real life either as I am just as assertive in RL as I have "been there"

Of course you were.

I bet it was you who kidnapped Jimmy Hoffa too.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

I did 9 years. Briefly served with a marine unit and did shore patrol and also gate guard on a weapons test station.
I dont necessarily see things the way you do. So obviously our opinions are formed by more than JUST serving for a while. It also has to do with how we were raised and probably some other things.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Of course you were.

I bet it was you who kidnapped Jimmy Hoffa too.
You should really stop while you're behind, way behind I might add...

As for the dumb broad you play stupid games you win stupid prizes:\ More Apple customers should be tazed, might wake them up from buying such an overpriced product:p

cygmit

Dec 13, 2012
This has police brutality written all over it. Any half-competent lawyer could successfully sue the city and PD. What options do they have other than taser? Try taking her by the elbow and putting cuffs on her. Say what? Two cops can't handle a middle aged woman? Is she a ninja? Here I thought when they first invented taser, it's used as a non-lethal alternative to using GUNS, when did it become the go-to device for "resisting" arrest? Good reward for lazy cops. And what a waste taxpayer's money...

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
This has police brutality written all over it. Any half-competent lawyer could successfully sue the city and PD. What options do they have other than taser? Try taking her by the elbow and putting cuffs on her. Say what? Two cops can't handle a middle aged woman? Is she a ninja? Here I thought when they first invented taser, it's used as a non-lethal alternative to using GUNS, when did it become the go-to device for "resisting" arrest? Good reward for lazy cops. And what a waste taxpayer's money...
Oh look, fresh meat and stupid to boot...tasers aren't an alternative to guns, they are one step away from using a gun and just after pepper spray on uncooperative suspects resisting arrest.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
I did 9 years. Briefly served with a marine unit and did shore patrol and also gate guard on a weapons test station.
I dont necessarily see things the way you do. So obviously our opinions are formed by more than JUST serving for a while. It also has to do with how we were raised and probably some other things.

Ok if you were approached at night guarding that WTS by even a "little old Asian lady" if after she was warned to CEASE and STOP her approach at MCAS and NAS Deadly Force is flat authorized you would not take her down?
You would not follow your orders?

Sorry without even a blink she would be on her face if I stood that watch NAS Cecil Field Weapons Magazines were guarded by us the MA Detail and Marines.. and the Marines on that detail were even more strict. If anything so much as approached without an authorized phone contact before they came up that drive.. they were stopped by Marines in full battle rattle and put on their faces by force ( usually an M-16 to the back of your head.).

These officers followed protocol. you taze if they resist. and taze again if they continue.
tazing is the easiest safest way for an officer to subdue a hostile target or if the dept still uses it Mace/CS Spray which here they don't they are taught to go to the taser first.

And no I was raised in a very strict military family.
I was raised to not give criminals an inch and to follow the laws and the orders of my superiors.
or you pay for it.

cygmit

Dec 13, 2012
Oh look, fresh meat and stupid to boot...tasers aren't an alternative to guns, they are one step away from using a gun and just after pepper spray on uncooperative suspects resisting arrest.

Quote from Wikipedia:

"Tasers were introduced as non-lethal weapons to be used by police to subdue fleeing, belligerent, or potentially dangerous people, who would have otherwise been subjected to more lethal weapons such as a firearm."

Get your facts straight.