Chinese Jet Barrel-Rolls Over U.S. Plane

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
We were 135 miles off their coast? Well no shit, what the hell did you expect?

Imagine if a chinese drone was 100 miles off of Florida, we barrel roll the shit out of that drone. Outrage not found.

Thats right. US surveillance (aka spy) planes like the P-8 in this incident are trawling for electronic data and testing the response from China. Its all part of the game to find out how quickly the Chinese can scramble.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Its time!!! Russia, ISIS, and China get ready to face the big dawgs!!!! The Americans are ready and its time. Our young kids play Call if Duty. Their fingers are quick and itchy. Haha...

Time for war!

I pictured Hulk Hogan saying that and then ripping his shirt off.

Then I laughed.

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
yep, if anything, it was the chinese protecting theyr borders

You can't really compare Asia and North America when it comes to reasonable distances. Taiwan is about 100 miles away from China. Korea and Japan are about 130 miles apart.

Hawaii is 2500 miles away from California to put things into perspective.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
We were 135 miles off their coast? Well no shit, what the hell did you expect?

Imagine if a chinese drone was 100 miles off of Florida, we barrel roll the shit out of that drone. Outrage not found.

A P-8 is a militarize 737, not at all a drone, FYI.

This a complete non-story, though, stuff like this happens everyday. My co-worker work B-52s in the Air Force for 20 years. He always talks about how Russian ships would sit just inside international waters outside of Guam, he said they used to look at each other through the binoculars and wave. Not to mention all the Bear flyovers.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Bold moves showing off around a glorified passenger airliner. I'd like to see them do it to an F-18 ...

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Maverick-and-Goose-Tom-Cruise-Top-Gun-Inverted-With-Mig-1280-Wallpaper-1-edited.jpg

Hi there!

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Bold moves showing off around a glorified passenger airliner. I'd like to see them do it to an F-18 ...

Typical of bully china. Pushing around little guys in the neighborhood but would not dare to take on the big one such as Russia.

See this = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aigun_Treaty

Nothing about "undisputable territories" or "historic evidences" and all the big talk or gesture as they have been doing with Japan, Philippines, Vietnam, etc.