Chinese Dissident Hiding in US Embassy?

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by crashtestdummy, Apr 30, 2012.

1. a777pilot

a777pilot Diamond Member

Let's see.

We won in Vietnam then the Democrats gave it away.

Bush(41) had the greatest opportunity ever, to change the world for the better and failed to take it. (See if you can figure that one out.)

Clinton could have ended bin Laden and failed.

Bush had an opportunity to end the war on terror by a victory but didn't.

This current Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle, will only support those things that might keep him in office and those things that will enhance to power of that so call religion, islam.

2. BoomerD

BoomerD Lifer

1) Hard to blame the Democrats for the final outcome in Vietnam when Nixon was president at the end...blame the hippies, blame Mom and Dad who didn't want their son drafted and sent to Uncle Sam's Indochina Vacationland, blame the overall lack of support to "do whatever it takes" to win this fucking thing...but the final results lie with Tricky Dicky...

2) Bush Daddy was smart enough to realize what a quagmire we'd be stuck with had we gone into Baghdad and taken out Saddam. Is the world a better place without him? Yes...but the middle east may not be, as he was the only thing keeping Iraq from turning into another Iran.

3) Your memory might be the second shortest thing about you. Remember "Wag the dog?" Any time Clinton TRIED to do anything about Bin Laden, the Republicans screamed about how he was "trying to deflect attention from the Monica scandal."

4) Bush SHOULD never have let his attention wander from Afghanistan...and stayed after Bin Laden instead of getting a big head. "I am a WAR President!" and trying to avenge his daddy in Iraq.

5) IMO, Obama is being controlled...just like most presidents end up being controlled. Eisenhower was right about the "military-industrial complex...as was Gen. Smedley Butler (war is a racket) Too bad no one with any juice ever paid attention to either of them...

I'm NOT an Obama fan...for the first time since I started voting in 1972, I did NOT vote for the Democratic candidate for President. (in 72, I didn't vote for Nixon OR McGovern...I left that blank since I didn't like either one)

3. a777pilot

a777pilot Diamond Member

Interesting, this history thing.

4. BoomerD

BoomerD Lifer

Remember, the winners write the history books..."we're 0-1-1"...
    (can you place that quote?)

5. Svnla

Svnla Lifer

I haven't been to China but I had been to US embassies/consulars in Asia and unless you can fly over the wall, you just could not get pass the front door without inside help.

6. a777pilot

a777pilot Diamond Member

Yes, I can.

BUT.....we really are 2-0......and that's the truth.

Truth: It's the new hate speech.

7. Sacrilege

Sacrilege Senior member

Can you guys post about Vietnam or whatever in another thread???

There are new developments in the Chen case, and new indications that he was coerced out of the embassy and into Chinese custody to smooth over the situation for Hillary's arrival in China:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/02/world/asia/china-clinton-visit/index.html

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/05/02/state_department_we_did_not_relay_threats_to_chen

Has the Obama administration handed an activist over to the Chinese for expediency and to preserve relations with the principle bank roller of the United States? When this man and his family disappear into an abyss, or worse yet, quickly "dies from a medical condition," will Obama give back his Peace Prize?

8. a777pilot

a777pilot Diamond Member

Great Idea.

This poor but courageous blind fighter for freedom and justice is just another victim of this Administration's efforts to throw those that speak up under the bus.

9. senseamp

senseamp Lifer

The US didn't hand him over, he left himself because he feared what the Chinese would do to his family. My guess is China will let him and his family leave, since he's less of a headache to them in the US.

10. Karl Agathon

Karl Agathon Golden Member

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke

11. wty

wty Member

He told Hillary,"I want to see you".
    Media said : He told Hillary,"I want to kiss you".
    Funny.

12. JEDIYoda

JEDIYoda Lifer

hahahahaaaaaa...another opinion gone insanely wild..hahaaaa

13. Thump553

Thump553 Lifer

He's changed his mind again and now wants asylum in the USA.

14. woolfe9999

woolfe9999 Diamond Member

Yeah, he wants to board HRC's plane and head to the US with her.

If China opposes this, should be push for it? What if it strains relations?

15. ichy

ichy Diamond Member

16. senseamp

senseamp Lifer

17. crashtestdummy

crashtestdummy Platinum Member

He's gone, with his wife and kids. The Chinese realized he wasn't worth the headache. There are still other relatives and supporters perhaps not so lucky, though: