chinchillas

littleman

Golden Member
May 19, 2000
Yo, i need some help hahah
i got a pet chinchilla the other day but i cant find any wheels for it and my chinchillas like 300 pounds now... can anyone help me

BlackFalcon

Apr 6, 2000
Woah! :Q A 300lb chinchilla? This I've got to see! :p
But seriously, why not use a hampster/mouse/rat/misc small animal wheel? Or ask the pet shop where you got 'em.

jorken

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Chinchilla's use wheels? I had a chinchilla and I never had a wheel for him. I just let him run around my room all the time... trying to catch him was a lot of fun too! Maybe he should cut down on the raisins ;)

Now that I think about it, Chinchillas don't really 'run'... its more of a hop. They really only use there rear legs. I don't think they would do too well on a wheel to be honest.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
We have a larger wheel, but I'm not sure how big a chincilla gets? Are they about the size of a guinea pig?

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
There is a place in Washington State that sells awesome wheels that our hedgehog just loves. They are called Haba Safety Wheels. Let me go look for the number...

(206) 244-0285 They are in the neighborhood of $25, but they are a terrific design. Once you get one, you could probably easily copy the design and make another yourself (our first one broke but that's because we tend to be rough on it when cleaning -- hedgehogs like to poop while running, you see). It's basically half of a plastic bucket attached to PVC.