China warns North Korea: You’re on your own if you go after the United States

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I mostly offer accurate descriptions of the situation at hand. The value judgements people subsequently place reveals the most about themselves. For example, some believe they should be angry at the degenerate white nationalists identified, and to alleviate their anger it's best to pretend degenerate white nationalists aren't.o

That's a whole lot of words saying absolutely nothing. You apparently don't realize that you're speaking in tongues.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
So they're using North Korea for their selfish reasons? Why does a unified Korea sound so horrific anyway, or would a democratic Korea be more of a threat?

Yes as most world superpowers are want to do. A unified Korea wouldn't necessarily be horrific but to China they would be a huge US ally and we could amass troops/weapons directly on their border. Obviously, China doesn't want that any more than we would want Chinese troops/weapons systems amassing on the Mexican side of the US/Mexico border. The big difference being is that we'd be very (relatively) close to Bejing and they'd still be a long way from DC so maybe Chinese troops and weapons on the Canadian border would be a better analogy.

Seriously, we'd go apeshit if China starting amassing troops just about anywhere in the Western hemisphere but we would do damn near anything to keep them off our borders. Is it a surprise that they are willing to do the same?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
China is behind all this. We need to pass trade sanctions against them and expel all Chinese diplomats now!

U.S. Readies More Sanctions Against Chinese Entities Over North Korea

Escalation in economic pressure follows China’s failure to act against Chinese firms and individuals in violation of U.N. sanctions, U.S. official says

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-re...-chinese-entities-over-north-korea-1501028132

Last edited:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I still believe all this N. Korea nuke stuff is "TRUMP-ed" up by Donald to distract from the real news, the impending impeachment of Trump over the Russia/Trump scandal.

The big question is....
Would Donald Trump put real live Americans at risk, risk the very lives of men women and children, risk war and nuclear extinction of the entire human race simply to distract from Mr Trump's own personal peccadillo's?
DAMN STRAIGHT... HE SURELY WOULD!
Trump would indeed put everyone at risk as well as the entire human race itself at risk if Trump thought the distraction was worth it.
Do we need reminding that what we have here with Trump is a very selfish self centered little brat of a child.
The brat doesn't care if mom and dad lost the house just because the little brat wants a new expensive Christmas toy.
Of if Americans become dust and nuclear waste because Trump feels threatened by an investigation aimed at his shady dealings with a communist ran country.
Trump would not only sell the farm, as it were, to save his own skin. Trump would sell America into nuclear war to save his own skin. After all, Trump only need fly away in one of his many airplanes to one of his many luxury homes far far off in foreign land.
Bye bye American. Sorry things didn't work out for ya.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I still believe all this N. Korea nuke stuff is "TRUMP-ed" up by Donald to distract from the real news, the impending impeachment of Trump over the Russia/Trump scandal.

The big question is....
Would Donald Trump put real live Americans at risk, risk the very lives of men women and children, risk war and nuclear extinction of the entire human race simply to distract from Mr Trump's own personal peccadillo's?
DAMN STRAIGHT... HE SURELY WOULD!
Trump would indeed put everyone at risk as well as the entire human race itself at risk if Trump thought the distraction was worth it.
Do we need reminding that what we have here with Trump is a very selfish self centered little brat of a child.
The brat doesn't care if mom and dad lost the house just because the little brat wants a new expensive Christmas toy.
Of if Americans become dust and nuclear waste because Trump feels threatened by an investigation aimed at his shady dealings with a communist ran country.
Trump would not only sell the farm, as it were, to save his own skin. Trump would sell America into nuclear war to save his own skin. After all, Trump only need fly away in one of his many airplanes to one of his many luxury homes far far off in foreign land.
Bye bye American. Sorry things didn't work out for ya.

I don't think it's quite like that. I don't believe this crisis is a concious distraction or a deliberate rational plan or that much under Trump's control.

But I somewhat agree, in that I feel genuinely nervous about how someone as psychologically-fragile as Trump would react if impeachment became an immenent threat. He doesn't seem to be someone who would react well to such humiliation. And he has his finger 'on the button'. If it gets to that point and the North Korea crisis is still in full swing...

Reactions: ch33zw1z

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
This pretty much ends it for now. China just bailed out both Dear Leaders. Although wouldn't surprise me if Lil' Kim does his launch next week just changes target a little.
Assuming both are smart enough to accept that bail out.

Personally I am completely over North Korea. I say we quietly give China our permission to forcibly annex that "nation" and force Chinization on those North Koreans who have not yet starved to death. Some undeveloped ocean front property there, China.