China wants to export 10million woman

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Im not sure if this is a joke or not...but I was laughing :laugh:

Mao offered U.S. 10 million women

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Amid a discussion of trade in 1973, Chinese leader Mao Zedong made what U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger called a novel proposition: sending tens of thousands, even 10 million, Chinese women to the United States.

"You know, China is a very poor country," Mao said, according to a document released by the State Department's historian office.

"We don't have much. What we have in excess is women. So if you want them we can give a few of those to you, some tens of thousands."

A few minutes later, Mao circled back to the offer. "Do you want our Chinese women?" he asked. "We can give you 10 million."

After Kissinger noted Mao was "improving his offer," the chairman said, "We have too many women. ... They give birth to children and our children are too many."

"It is such a novel proposition," Kissinger replied in his discussion with Mao in Beijing. "We will have to study it.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/...se.women.ap/index.html

Guess the mail order business is about to pick up :laugh:

Uhtrinity

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2003
That was in the 1970's. I saw the article yesterday and thought it was pretty funny.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: RichardE

If you've ever dealt with the USCIS (US Immigration) you'd know it's impossible the get a 'mail order bride'. It's hard enough to get a legit foreign spouse.

Mavtek3100

Jan 15, 2008
I think we need to do this with our contract labor. We have too many contract laborers, lets send a good amount of them to some country where they'd be more needed. We need more skilled professionals, we already have the infrastructure in place. Places like India and Iraq could use our excess construction workers. Wonder what we could get for them?

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: PricklyPete
This was from 30 years ago...so don't get your hopes up that much.

Ah, I didn't read the article. Why is this news now?

Rike

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2004
Right now China needs to import women. The one child rule and a strong cultural and economic preference for boys has the Chinese male to female ratio totally out of whack in favor of men. Way too many men and not enough women on a marco scale leads to all kinds of discontent. Revolutions can get started fairly easily in those conditions.

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
They would have sent their ugliest 10 million women. We only wanted 10,000 of their hotties.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: techs
Finally a Chinese import I welcome!

+10,000,000 ! :thumbsup: I wonder if these women were to come with pixilated genitalia or would that have disappeared when they crossed the border? ;)

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: umbrella39
Originally posted by: techs
Finally a Chinese import I welcome!

+10,000,000 ! :thumbsup: I wonder if these women were to come with pixilated genitalia or would that have disappeared when they crossed the border? ;)

thought that was Japan

either way I'll take 3 plz

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Sadly, looking back on this, it appears that Mexico came through with a much larger offer, so we chose them instead.

They even threw in Free Delivery!

I think chose poorly...

DOH! :D

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: RichardE

If you've ever dealt with the USCIS (US Immigration) you'd know it's impossible the get a 'mail order bride'. It's hard enough to get a legit foreign spouse.

Agree. I realize it was probably a joke, but to me it isnt funny at all. It is so far from reality. Ugh.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: FoBoT
how much?
i am sure my wife would go for a chinese maid

You can buy an American kid under 10 for about 500 bucks. Better deal-he/she will speak english.