China, Trump, Secret Account, $15.1M cash withdrawal etc

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Trump Records Shed New Light on Chinese Business Pursuits

Pretty crazy article here that shows Trump and his family took in a lot of money from China shortly after the election--to the tune of $17.5 million. If that's just normal Trump Organization business--why would Mr. Trump personally withdraw $15.1M in cash shortly afterward? It validates a lot of what I have been saying all along about how the Trumps are lifelong crooks and compromised by foreign influence. Didn't see this posted here surprisingly.

Also pretty sad how the Trump campaign is trying to cover this up and project onto the Bidens.
Biden 2020 BTW

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
So fuckin tired of that feeling of dread every morning when I wake up;

"WTF kind of shit did the Orange Menace start/say/do while I was sleeping?"
I think I've seen this meme updated for every year since 2017, but it still works...

UcO4Ecv.jpeg

May 13, 2009
Look if anyone including Trump is taking bribes then they need to be out of politics. This isn't fucking Russia. We need all leaders to be held accountable for these things. We should demand that of any party leader. Democratic or republican.

Having said that Trump is a billionaire with business dealings all over the world. I'm sure 15 million to him is not the biggest thing in the world. It's akin to one of us taking a grand out of the bank.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi
May 13, 2009
Fun fact: Trump paid more in taxes to China than he did to the US!!!
Do you have the sales tax, real estate taxes, payroll taxes he paid for the year? I'll guarantee you it amounted to a lot of money. How come you guys aren't crying about google or twitter? Are they paying their fair share?

• Haha

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Look if anyone including Trump is taking bribes then they need to be out of politics. This isn't fucking Russia. We need all leaders to be held accountable for these things. We should demand that of any party leader. Democratic or republican.

Having said that Trump is a billionaire with business dealings all over the world. I'm sure 15 million to him is not the biggest thing in the world. It's akin to one of us taking a grand out of the bank.
You do realize that Trump has been openly taking bribes from various foreign governments through his hotel for his entire presidency, right?

I mean why do you think all these autocratic governments suddenly started booking rooms there when they hadn’t before?

Reactions: skyking and Pohemi

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014

I would agree and I am going to still vote this week for Trump.

I personally believe the left media and the left politicians are responsible for rioting and looting in the streets. The media stirs up the hate and the politicians sit back and watch it burn. They have done a major disservice to the law enforcement of this country and frankly all citizens. I've been left with no choice but to make sure to vote to keep them out of power. I feel the left are the biggest threat to this country at this time.

It's sad that I have to choose between an egotistical fool in Trump and a senile dementia ridden puppet in Biden.

I think these two posts are in contradiction of each other. You must love the injustice system that puts a poor person in jail for years for stealing a pack of gum, but let’s the white collar rich guy sealing $Millions get a slap on the wrists. Wow.

• Love

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

Uhm...no... 15 million dollars is a lot of money, period. It has the same purchasing power for someone who has exactly $15 million as it does for someone who has $15 billion. And since it is a very large amount of purchasing power, we should pay attention to whether it was kosher. This was an account Trump withdrew from personally while President and did not make required disclosures. This warrants intense scrutiny.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Do you have the sales tax, real estate taxes, payroll taxes he paid for the year? I'll guarantee you it amounted to a lot of money. How come you guys aren't crying about google or twitter? Are they paying their fair share?

He has underpaid his real estate taxes, as evidenced by other schemes he has done. Sales taxes are consumption taxes, so we all pay the same rates, but I am sure he finds away to minimize those. His payroll taxes are funny, as he hires his family and does not have a large amount of staff, so he actually pays less there than most mid-sized companies. Google and Tweeter should pay more, but the reason they don’t, wait for it, is your boy tRump. You are in a circular argument where it starts and ends with tRump.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Uhm...no... 15 million dollars is a lot of money, period. It has the same purchasing power for someone who has exactly $15 million as it does for someone who has $15 billion. And since it is a very large amount of purchasing power, we should pay attention to whether it was kosher. This was an account Trump withdrew from personally while President and did not make required disclosures. This warrants intense scrutiny.
As Obama mentioned, what do you think would have been the response from conservatives if two weeks before the 2012 election it was revealed that Obama had a secret Chinese bank account that had never seen much activity until he became president, at which point a $15 million payment was posted to it and then mysteriously withdrawn?

I have to say it is illuminating to see how concerned @OILFIELDTRASH is with supposed payments to Hunter Biden, detailed by a super shady, non-credible source but doesn’t seem to mind this.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
He has underpaid his real estate taxes, as evidenced by other schemes he has done. Sales taxes are consumption taxes, so we all pay the same rates, but I am sure he finds away to minimize those. His payroll taxes are funny, as he hires his family and does not have a large amount of staff, so he actually pays less there than most mid-sized companies. Google and Tweeter should pay more, but the reason they don’t, wait for it, is your boy tRump. You are in a circular argument where it starts and ends with tRump.

I have no doubt that he minimizes the impact of sales taxes by writing off personal expenses as business expenses. In that scenario tthe amount he pays in sales taxes on those items he improperly writes off reduce his taxable income by the full amount of the sales taxes he paid.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
In re: relative size of $15mm payment.

It doesn't matter whether $15mm is an enormous sum of money or a drop in the bucket. #1 rule of conflict of interest is that the presence or absence of conflict is immaterial, the only thing that matters is the perception of a conflict. In that regard, there is a perceived conflict of interest in receiving money in the manner described and the perceived conflict was not disclosed, which amplifies the perception of conflict. The damage is done.

Reactions: dawp

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Do you have the

sales tax,
State, not federal. Everyone who buys things pays sales tax. But I would point out that Trump has a lot of businesses, I would bet he made a lot of purchases though those companies in order to write it off as a business expense. So, probably a lot less than most people per dollar earned.

real estate taxes,
Also state, county, or city. Also not federal. And once again, most of that real estate is owned by a company not Trump. Those companies paid the property taxes, not Trump, and they use all sort of loopholes to reduce it. Overall, I would say that they paid less per square foot then I do.

payroll taxes
Payroll taxes are paid by the employee not the employer. Look at your paycheck, see those deductions for Social Security and Medicare? That is the payroll taxes that your company supposedly pays. It comes out of YOUR paycheck. Trump does not get a salary, his money almost all comes from dividends and capital gains, which does not pay payroll taxes, so he paid 0 in payroll taxes.

How come you guys aren't crying about google or twitter? Are they paying their fair share?
We are. One of the big planks in the liberal platform is that cooperate taxes are too low, and it is mostly because of loopholes.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
State, not federal. Everyone who buys things pays sales tax. But I would point out that Trump has a lot of businesses, I would bet he made a lot of purchases though those companies in order to write it off as a business expense. So, probably a lot less than most people per dollar earned.

Also state, county, or city. Also not federal. And once again, most of that real estate is owned by a company not Trump. Those companies paid the property taxes, not Trump, and they use all sort of loopholes to reduce it. Overall, I would say that they paid less per square foot then I do.

Payroll taxes are paid by the employee not the employer. Look at your paycheck, see those deductions for Social Security and Medicare? That is the payroll taxes that your company supposedly pays. It comes out of YOUR paycheck. Trump does not get a salary, his money almost all comes from dividends and capital gains, which does not pay payroll taxes, so he paid 0 in payroll taxes.

We are. One of the big planks in the liberal platform is that cooperate taxes are too low, and it is mostly because of loopholes.
What I like is when tax cuts for rich people come up conservatives ignore every tax other than the federal income tax. When it turns out all their tax cuts help people like Trump pay effectively $0 their response is ‘but what about all the other taxes!?’

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Trump straight up lied about this as his debate defense, saying the account was closed in 2015 before he was President. The $15M withdrawal was in 2017. Sad thing is this isn't really even going to be pursued. Just add it to the pile.

Reactions: dawp and Pohemi

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
What I learned today is that $15 million in bribe money isn’t a big deal so long as the recipient is a billionaire.

I am curious though, at what amount does bribe money to a billionaire become a concern?

I’m also curious where this ratio is written into law.