China Steals Angry Birds!!!

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
And in typical Chinese fashion the quality is crap and not completely functioning.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Copyright laws are only as good as their enforcement. If you cannot enforce them it becomes a problem, especially when entire nations are built upon a different view of intellectual property.

So either we consider better methods for protecting IP, or we move towards some sort other way of reimbursing producers of IP for their efforts.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
lol @ 28 seconds the chick kept saying the n-word.

no, it's something in Chinese. I can't remember what it means, my coworker uses it all the time when talking to his wife. Hilarious the looks he gets from people sometimes due to their own ignorance. totally sounds like "awesome dude awesome dude" though

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
no, it's something in Chinese. I can't remember what it means, my coworker uses it all the time when talking to his wife. Hilarious the looks he gets from people sometimes due to their own ignorance. totally sounds like "awesome dude awesome dude" though
Means "me/I"

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Chineese has been copying things since i was a kid at least. I remember the fake transformer, Voltron..etc toys back in the 80's being sold at local stores even.
my first one was a fake Voltron, looked identical except it said Robot or something and cheaper plastics. lol but as a kid i was kinda confused by it.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
A few things come to mind:

Confucius Say: "Fight fire with a much bigger fire", "Imitation is the highest form of flatulous flattery", "What happens in your house is always a lesser form of what happens in the house you wished you could have". ;)

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Hopefully those angry birds will do a fly over and take a shit on China.

I see this all the time in the manufacturing field. The software that I use where I work costs in excess of 30K/seat and the Chinese steal it which makes it very hard to compete with them.

Last edited:

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
The Chinese steal EVERYTHING. Their idea of "invention" and "innovation" is "whoever can make it cheaper". Therefore by the nature of their culture they steal everything but don't consider it a crime. They consider it progress.

It's up to you as individuals though to not buy Chinese products. As a business owner I chose to not sell my products to China.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
It's up to you as individuals though to not buy Chinese products. As a business owner I chose to not sell my products to China.

fuck that. i love chineese products...at least ones that i consider to suit my needs. Though actually i think everything i own is from China except my car, my car's audio system, my PS3 and few other things like that i believe.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
Although way more obvious IN China, Chinese products are terrible in quality. Luckily we have quality control standards here that keep the truly terrible chinese quality out of our hands but mostly I'd rather spend extra for something that will last a lot longer. Our throw away culture is disgusting and buying from China only propagates it. Buying a $20 made in China toaster that will last 3 years makes no sense when you can spend $50 and have one last 15 years. Toasters burn bread. You don't need a new model every couple years. I use a 20 year old blender. It was passed down from my buddies parents to him and then to me when he moved. It's a blender. It blends stuff. Why would you go and buy a piece of crap one that you need to replace so fast when good products do exist?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The Chinese steal EVERYTHING. Their idea of "invention" and "innovation" is "whoever can make it cheaper". Therefore by the nature of their culture they steal everything but don't consider it a crime. They consider it progress.

Here's a perfect example:

I have a good friend who manufactures custom made stand up paddleboards. His designs became quite popular so he decided to have them cloned in China.

He set up a deal which of course included all the usual exclusivity and proprietary clauses, etc.

Well, it didn't take long for the Chinese manufacturer to open their own retail outlets and start selling my friend's designs using his unique manufacturing processes under a rebranded name in China and other Asian countries.

My friend got so pissed off about it, demanded they cease and desist....and got nowhere with that.

The cat was out of the bag and all he could do was find another manufacturer in Indonesia that honored the usual contract language, change his designs as an improved upgrade and put buyer beware stickers on his new products warning that after a certain production date all his older designs with the Chinese brand were knock-offs that had serious manufacturing defects.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
Coke, Sprite, and Fanta are everywhere in China. Apparently it's all fake and Coke gets no money for it.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
Although way more obvious IN China, Chinese products are terrible in quality. Luckily we have quality control standards here that keep the truly terrible chinese quality out of our hands but mostly I'd rather spend extra for something that will last a lot longer. Our throw away culture is disgusting and buying from China only propagates it. Buying a $20 made in China toaster that will last 3 years makes no sense when you can spend $50 and have one last 15 years. Toasters burn bread. You don't need a new model every couple years. I use a 20 year old blender. It was passed down from my buddies parents to him and then to me when he moved. It's a blender. It blends stuff. Why would you go and buy a piece of crap one that you need to replace so fast when good products do exist?

Having to purchase a new item every few years is better for business and its investors. Even better if they also increase the profit margin.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
Your flat screen TV has an estimated lifespan of about 5 years. I can't wait until everyone figures this out. "Wait a second, I just spent $2000! What do you mean this isn't covered by warranty and I need to buy a new TV only 5 years later".

It's unbelievable how stupid we have become as consumers.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009

i've had my toaster for far longer than 3 years. However that kind of stuff isnt relevant to generalize like that.

I had an american made car that lasted 2 years and the head blew. fantastic. I had a Carhart heavy duty coat that lasted 1 year, all of my american made work boots i ever purchased never make it 2 years. Oh and the XBOX 360 reciever for PC died in 2 months....i got a china rip off version for $10 and its lasted a solid year or so now.

tydas

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
Wow, suprising that people making 2 cents an hour don't make good products?

Xellos2099

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2005
Well... I am certainly not seeing any angry bird park here in US or anywhere beside china...