China PWNS USA

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: sammyunltd
China has head start over West for Iraq oil

LINK HERE">http://www.reuters.com/article...v/idUSLS42625920080828</a>

Okay, so, the USA spend like 2 trillion and many soldiers' life to clean up Iraq and profit from their oil but so far they haven't made a cent and it looks like China will be first to do it.

Oh snap, maybe it wasn't for oil afterall.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: lupi

LINK HERE">http://www.reuters.com/article...v/idUSLS42625920080828</a>

Okay, so, the USA spend like 2 trillion and many soldiers' life to clean up Iraq and profit from their oil but so far they haven't made a cent and it looks like China will be first to do it.

Oh snap, maybe it wasn't for oil afterall.

It's a lot more complicated than that. Was oil *a* major factor, not the only one? Did their original plans get the US a lot more oil rights, but they had to abandon them?

Trivia question:

The pages a lawsuit forced release from Cheney's pre-war energy commision minutes - what did they contain?

SAWYER

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
But bu bu bu W and Co. have the pipes directing all oil to their secret lair, known fact!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Sawyer
But bu bu bu W and Co. have the pipes directing all oil to their secret lair, known fact!
The only pipes directing anything where the pipes directing billions of US taxpayers dollars to the pockets of Haliburton and other friends of Bush and Cheney

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
We are going to be off foreign oil in 10 years so who cares? Let the Chinese waist their money developing oil fields that will be useless in 10 years.

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004

http://www.reuters.com/article...v/idUSLS42625920080828

The US will still profit big time as these contracts the chinese get will prevent prices from increasing even more rapidly as more and more supply comes online while demand, especially in china, keeps going up.

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Darwin333
We are going to be off foreign oil in 10 years so who cares? Let the Chinese waist their money developing oil fields that will be useless in 10 years.

The only way we'll get off foreign oil in 10 years, barring a major alternative energy breakthrough that replaces oil 1 to 1 for less $, is if Obama gets elected and we find out he was dead serious about Americans being all uppity with their usage of Air Conditioners in their homes whenever they please.

littlebird

Aug 28, 2008
No one knows what's going on under the table. Maybe US wants to convince the Iraqis that US invaded Iraq for democracy instead of profits;Maybe the contract is offered to China in exchange for financial support of stabilize the financial market. With military forces maintaining security, US has numerous ways to screw up the Chinese operation in Iraq. It is a bait, not a gift.

sammyunltd

Jul 31, 2004
Originally posted by: Deeko
Link fixed. Sorrry.

Still CHINA PWNS USA.

Are you really a toolshed, or just trying to act like one?

No, I base my judgment on pure facts.

These are the facts:

The Americans fought a costly war
Costly in terms of $$
Costly in terms of lives
Costly in terms of international support
Costly in terms of reputation
A War they fought for oil
Oil which will be pumped by Chinese companies first...

That's it. China = No loss, only gains from the situation.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I was more focusing on your use of the word PWN and your assumption that this, in some way, harms the US. Does it help Canada? Yes. Does it harm the US? No. It's a $3 billion contract, that's not that much. You're also under the assumption that we were in a costly war for the sole purpose of winning said contract, which I'm not even going to comment on.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

These are the facts:

Costly in terms of $$
Costly in terms of lives

Deeko doesn't think we are there for profits and oil so he won't get this.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: JSt0rm01

These are the facts:

Costly in terms of $$
Costly in terms of lives

Deeko doesn't think we are there for profits and oil so he won't get this.

Actually, I don't believe I've ever commented on that issue here. See my above post.