Question China GD900 Thermal Paste ?

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
Cheap like $4/30 Grams. Apparently beats Arctic MX-4 (The all time Standard) and equivalent to Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut & GC-Extreme .

Question is it sustainable over time ? :
He did not have Grizzly at the time but points out Kryonaut is better then MX-4.

Matter of TIM application:

I've been using Arctic Silver 5 and MX-4 for years with no complaint - What is this GD900 STUFF ?

Last edited:

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
Thanks DrMrLordX: I've always respected your Input ;o)

Considering using Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut for Maintaining and Building PC's but this GD900 for a fraction of the price is well worth looking into.

Last edited:

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Only thing I can add is that if this paste is coming "out of nowhere" from somewhere in China, that there is a decent chance it's a reverse-engineered version of a paste that's already on the market. Assuming that the cloner has done their job well and used the same base stock to formulate their product, it'll have application life similar to just about anything else on the market.

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
UsandThem: Just to let you know I maintain a Sandy Bridge I7 2700K @ 4.8Ghz on an ASUS P8Z68VPro Gen3 MB since 2010 - Love that system Just as fast as my AMD 3700X on an Asus C7H if not faster on 4 Cores. That I7 2700K will run constantly at 5.1 GHz under an AIO on that MB but I tuned her down to protect chip degradation ;o)

Sorry for the BOLD - Don't know were that came from.

Last edited:
Reactions: UsandThem

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Considering using Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut for Maintaining and Building PC's but this GD900 for a fraction of the price is well worth looking into.
Only thing I can add is that if this paste is coming "out of nowhere" from somewhere in China, that there is a decent chance it's a reverse-engineered version of a paste that's already on the market. Assuming that the cloner has done their job well and used the same base stock to formulate their product, it'll have application life similar to just about anything else on the market.
That's the thing with anything that suddenly shows up from China. It could be a (likely) knock-off product, but will they maintain the same quality over time? It's all about the quality control.

If in a few years if people are reporting it is a consistently good product, then I think it would be safe to play around with it to save some $$$.
UsandThem: Just to let you know I maintain a Sandy Bridge I7 2700K @ 4.8Ghz on an ASUS P8Z68VPro Gen3 MB since 2010 - Love that system Just as fast as my AMD 3700X on an Asus C7H if not faster on 4 Cores. That I7 2700K will run constantly at 5.1 GHz under an AIO on that MB but I tuned her down to protect chip degradation ;o)

Sorry for the BOLD - Don't know were that came from.
WHAT? I can't hear you. :p

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
I just bolted a bought 60 grams of this STUFF for under $10 CDN - FREE Delivery (1 mth to 2 mth delivery time) - Cheaper then a 5th of Scotch or Bourbon !

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Well, once upon a time, I went on a bit of a thermal-paste buying-spree on ebay. Got a whole bunch of pretty good-sized tubes of the stuff. Never used it. (Hope that it doesn't go bad in 2-3 years.)

Good to hear it's not that bad of a paste. TBH, I was a bit too scared to use some "generic" (?) thermal paste of Chinese origin on my rigs. I stuck to MX-4 / MX-2.

Maybe I can find some buyers for those tubes, and point them at that video. Or maybe, I'll have enough thermal paste for my lifespan, and beyond.

Edit: Talking specifically about the "GD900" paste here.

Last edited:

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Well, once upon a time, I went on a bit of a thermal-paste buying-spree on ebay. Got a whole bunch of pretty good-sized tubes of the stuff. Never used it. (Hope that it doesn't go bad in 2-3 years.)
Even though I've never bought much paste (just a small tube if needed when building every 2-4 years), I still end up throwing most of it away when I clean out my PC closet of junk. I think it's fine for years, but after it sits for 6-8 years, I don't mind paying $6 - $9 for a new tube of the latest/greatest paste out there.