China balks at US Iraq plan

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
The line of major world powers opposing the Bush administration lengthens.

China balks at US Iraq plan

"China has said it will support proposals put forward by France, Germany and Russia to reduce the political role of the United States and Britain in Iraq."

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Uh? WTF? Why should we care what China says? They've helped out alot in situations in the Middle East and Africa.
rolleye.gif

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Tabb
Uh? WTF? Why should we care what China says? They've helped out alot in situations in the Middle East and Africa.
rolleye.gif

Uh, here's the F*** - when we need China's help with North Korea you'll know why we care what she says.

And thanks to the Bush administration's heavy handed "Axis of Evil" foreign policy we'll definitely need them. :)

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
It seems the UN security counsel permanent members that did not support the US invasion are flexing some muscle. We will end up eating diplomatic crow before this is over. This new resolution asks them to do something and they can just say no. We have little leverage to use here, it seems. I'll bet the Russian Ambassador will even light up a Cuban cigar at the next meeting...

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: LunarRay
It seems the UN security counsel permanent members that did not support the US invasion are flexing some muscle. We will end up eating diplomatic crow before this is over. This new resolution asks them to do something and they can just say no. We have little leverage to use here, it seems. I'll bet the Russian Ambassador will even light up a Cuban cigar at the next meeting...

I dont see why we need the UNs help. Troops are coming home at this point(116k currenty in Iraq down from 150k peak).

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
rolleye.gif

veto power in the security council thats why

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
THANK GOD the UN Security Council will not allow the Bush Regime to strong-arm it!

There IS hope left in the world.

Bush should easily have considered this scenario: stick your middle finger up at the UN to invade, and this is what you get when you come crawling back for $HELP$. Bush made his bed...let him lie in it.

It is now complete: What comes around has gone around.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
THANK GOD the UN Security Council will not allow the Bush Regime to strong-arm it!

There IS hope left in the world.

Bush should easily have considered this scenario: stick your middle finger up at the UN to invade, and this is what you get when you come crawling back for $HELP$. Bush made his bed...let him lie in it.

I dont see anyone crawling back the UN.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
rolleye.gif

Tabb

Read
this. Maybe it'll wake you up.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
i sure do: bush was on tv last night saying all this bickering in the past should stay in the past, and we should all come together as it is in their interests to help in iraq (meaning $ and troops).

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: charrison

I dont see why we need the UNs help. Troops are coming home at this point(116k currenty in Iraq down from 150k peak).

I view the need more of a political need here in the US. The consensus seems to be a balk at the funds being used to redo Iraq and the size of the debt. I still think a special issue Iraqi war bond issue which would be retired out of the oil revenue from Iraq. I suppose a few point risk factor would get some private sector $ plus we could market them to other interested parties (Arabs) who would then become favorably disposed to the success of the mission.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

Yeah, right. That's why the P/T soldiers there were just told their tours would be one year. And that's why Bush just signed an extension to keep them there up to two years if need be.

PS

Next April, when the troops cycle home, there is NO ONE to replace them.

Even Bush admits he needs the UN now. Get on the same page as your fearless leader. :)

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: BOBDN

Yeah, right. That's why the P/T soldiers there were just told their tours would be one year. And that's why Bush just signed an extension to keep them there up to two years if need be.

PS

Even Bush admits he needs the UN now. Get on the same page as your fearless leader. :)

Troop numbers in iraq are getting lower. Sorry that dissappoints you.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

I view the need more of a political need here in the US. The consensus seems to be a balk at the funds being used to redo Iraq and the size of the debt. I still think a special issue Iraqi war bond issue which would be retired out of the oil revenue from Iraq. I suppose a few point risk factor would get some private sector $ plus we could market them to other interested parties (Arabs) who would then become favorably disposed to the success of the mission.

I think the war bond is a decent idea.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

PS

Don't be stupid ( as if you actually had a choice :) ). You Bushies are the reason the troops are there in the first place.

I'm very gratified troops are coming home. If it was up to me they'd all be home. If it was up to me they never would have gone there in the first place. So please don't be ridiculous.

But that doesn't change the fact that much of Iraq is in chaos due to Bush's unnecessary invasion and we don't have enough troop strength to maintain order there right now. So when the troops come home they have to be replaced. We have no one to replace them with.

This is why Bush's policy in Iraq is an abject failure and now he has to crawl to the UN and NATO and beg for help.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
rolleye.gif

Uh, here's the F*** - when we need China's help with North Korea you'll know why we care what she says.

And thanks to the Bush administration's heavy handed "Axis of Evil" foreign policy we'll definitely need them. :)

China is our biggest enemy and definitly not an honest broker, they want NK to have nukes because it causes us probelms. Never forget them cheering 911 and kidnapping our troops. We will be at war with them within 10 years. They are evil and our mortal enemy and help terrorists you just won't hear it from these traitors running the USA. I can't believe people buy thier crap.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

PS

Don't be stupid ( as if you actually had a choice :) ). You Bushies are the reason the troops are there in the first place.

I'm very gratified troops are coming home. If it was up to me they'd all be home. If it was up to me they never would have gone there in the first place. So please don't be ridiculous.

But that doesn't change the fact that much of Iraq is in chaos due to Bush's unnecessary invasion and we don't have enough troop strength to maintain order there right now. So when the troops come home they have to be replaced. We have no one to replace them with.

This is why Bush's policy in Iraq is an abject failure and now he has to crawl to the UN and NATO and beg for help.

Let me ask again, where is the begging happening?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

PS

The begging is happening in the UN and NATO. The Bush administration has their low IQ supporters believing the are "allowing" the UN to help.

But Germany, France, Russia and now China are telling Bush to go pound salt. And soon they'll be dictating to Bush their demands to be "allowed" to help.

The begging is going on because the US doesn't have the troop strength or the money to fix the mess you people supported in Iraq. But now you're gonna' try to spin this as though there isn't a problem.

You, my friend, are deluding yourself. And you know the worst lies are the lies you tell yourself.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

PS

The begging is happening in the UN and NATO. The Bush administration has their low IQ supporters believing the are "allowing" the UN to help.

But Germany, France, Russia and now China are telling Bush to go pound salt. And soon they'll be dictating to Bush their demands to be "allowed" to help.

The begging is going on because the US doesn't have the troop strength or the money to fix the mess you people supported in Iraq. But now you're gonna' try to spin this as though there isn't a problem.

You, my friend, are deluding yourself. And you know the worst lies are the lies you tell yourself.

If the US was begging, they would gladly take the current offer by france to turn iraq over to UN completely. That is just not happening.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

PS

If the US was begging, they would gladly take the current offer by france to turn iraq over to UN completely. That is just not happening.

Bush is going to have to eat some MAJOR diplomatic crow. Of course you won't recognize it even when it happens. You'll just swallow whatever garbage the Bush administration feeds you that week.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

PS

Bush is going to have to eat some MAJOR diplomatic crow. Of course you won't recognize it even when it happens. You'll just swallow whatever garbage the Bush administration feeds you that week.

No resolution is going to get passed at the UN about Iraq.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

Then we are truly screwed. Thanks to Bush and the people who support him.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

Then we are truly screwed. Thanks to Bush and the people who support him.

More like thank france, who wants the UN to have complete control in Iraq.

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
I do. It's pretty clear too. The Bush administration always acted like they could do this alone and I'm surprised that they couldn't. Going to the UN like this is an admission from the Bush administration that they can't handle Iraq by themselves.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: zephyrprime
I do. It's pretty clear too. The Bush administration always acted like they could do this alone and I'm surprised that they couldn't. Going to the UN like this is an admission from the Bush administration that they can't handle Iraq by themselves.

So why did we not take the offer france has put out?