CHILL BABY!

digory

Nov 14, 2003
Two days ago I suddenly noticed that my CPU and case are running at a constant 134F, about 57C. 17f degrees hotter than before.
Prior to that the 80mm fan in my powersupply died with out my knowing it until I noticed it was acting funny and I checked the temp (Motherboard Monitor 5)...140F
I replaced that fan with one of the case fans and eventually replaced the case fan.
I have 4 80mm super cooler fans in this thing nothing is overclocked and it still over heats really quick.

Any ideas?

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
You can have a zillion case fans, but unless they are in the right spot and doing the right thing (intake/exhaust), they're gonna be useless and more less keep the heat in. I would bet that one or more of your fans should be reversed to facilitate proper air flow. Start with a simple air flow model such as the tried and true 'lower front intake, upper rear exhaust'.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
If your system temp is the same as oyur cpu temp. I'd say bad airflow.

As far as the cpu temp rising, might wanna look for any dust bunnies in the HF fins. They build up pretty quick and cause the cpu to heat up.

digory

Nov 14, 2003
That's what I'm not understanding.
This thing has run fine for a year with out any cooling problems, then suddenly it dang near burst into flames.
I've cleaned off all the fans, they weren't that dirty.
I've got one exhaust on top (120mm) and another in the upper back(80mm), with an intake in the bottom front.(80mm)

Maybe I'll try flipping the top one to see if that helps.