CHILDREN

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
These are CHILDREN. Never even been to the Middle East, never been shot at, cannot balance a ledger or fill out a tax return. With their rich elite background they never even met anyone who was not white, never had their money stolen in a deal, never even spent their own money most likely. So WTF:

https://www.northjersey.com/story/n...ntvale-nj-alleging-discrimination/2158092002/

Officials at a Catholic high school in Montvale tolerated anti-Semitic behavior and graffiti, including a swastika etched into a chalkboard, directed at a Jewish math teacher and fired him after he complained about it, according to a lawsuit filed by the teacher.

These little shits wrote on his table that six million dead Jews was just the beginning. They pelt him with coins when he turns around and hurl slurs at him and so the school fired him for complaining. Can't piss off the Nazis who pay all the money, better to axe the Jew.

Infuriating.

Reactions: lsd

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
The rich elite tend to view others who are not also the rich elite as mere objects to be used.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
The rich elite tend to view others who are not also the rich elite as mere objects to be used.

I disagree. You objectively are more wealthy than the vast majority of the people on the globe. I doubt you would see yourself in the same way.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I disagree. You objectively are more wealthy than the vast majority of the people on the globe. I doubt you would see yourself in the same way.
No I don't, and I don't see other people as things to be used either.

Jan 25, 2011
And people don’t draw comparisons on a global scale. They look at their world. Where they interact. So the rest of the world is irrelevant.

Reactions: Zorba

Juiblex

Banned
Sep 26, 2016
The OP seems to know about the kids who are in that class and what they know/not know and who they've met or not met. Are you the lawsuit generating teacher by chance?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
And people don’t draw comparisons on a global scale. They look at their world. Where they interact. So the rest of the world is irrelevant.

The world is pretty flat. You know that you are better off than the vast majority of people. He is someone that does not appear to put his head in the sand. I would bet that he simply misspoke and could word what he wanted to say better. Maybe not though.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
If the teacher's allegations are accurate, then the school administration, or certain key members of it, are likely fellow travelers with their anti-Semitic students. If not, then not.

So far, the administration's defense that he only complained after receiving a negative performance review is not very sound. It doesn't explain why they left a swastika etched onto his blackboard for months, and didn't bother even removing it until after they fired him. Or why they blamed the student's anti-Semitism on the Jewish teacher for "failing to manage his students properly." There are no excuses for anti-Semitism, and this of the worst sort, which literally celebrates the Holocaust.

They're going to have to do better than that.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The world is pretty flat. You know that you are better off than the vast majority of people. He is someone that does not appear to put his head in the sand. I would bet that he simply misspoke and could word what he wanted to say better. Maybe not though.

So quibbling. Here is my surprised face

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Not to give the admin a free ride but, the teacher lost a teaching moment. I'd have broken out the photos from Auschwitz and Mengele's experiments so I could explain exactly where that kind of thinking leads.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Not to give the admin a free ride but, the teacher lost a teaching moment. I'd have broken out the photos from Auschwitz and Mengele's experiments so I could explain exactly where that kind of thinking leads.

I doubt it would have made a difference. The kids are trying to be cool by playing with horrible things. They feel like they gain power because of how taboo the topic is. Its why kids try to be edgy.

The admin should have stepped in more than a teachable moment.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Maybe that school can get back to the important moral issues of our time like banning birth control.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I think it's important to be careful with wording here: this is a high school and while the story did not specify which grade and the students certainly aren't adults, they're definitely not children either.

I feel like the law/society needs to bracket the ages 11-24 as categorically different than either child or adult. In short hand, teens are basically adults without any world experience and children with adult capability.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
The OP seems to know about the kids who are in that class and what they know/not know and who they've met or not met. Are you the lawsuit generating teacher by chance?

The teacher sued the school for allowing the behavior and then firing him for reporting it. It's called "Hostile Work Environment". Has nothing to do with the children.

My point is how the fuck does a child even KNOW about the racist preconceptions against other ethnic or religious groups unless they were taught this by their parents. Its a fucking CATHOLIC school. They are supposed to be the kindlest most gentlist and forgiving of all human beings as taught to them by Jesus Christ.

Fuck religion.