Children (White and Black) are biased towards lighter skin

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I wonder if wight skin would be favored by people living at the equator. You'd have to be an idiot and want to have light skin there.

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/05/13/doll.study/index.html?hpt=C2

ac.doll.part1.cnn.640x360.jpg

-CNN commissioned study on children's racial beliefs, attitudes and preferences

-Study shows black and white children are biased toward lighter skin

-Test aimed to re-create landmark Doll Test from 1940s

-Study also showed children's ideas on race change little between ages 5 and 10

A year after Obama gets elected black 5yr olds still have a preference towards lighter skin color. :eek:
This is also 60 yrs after schools were were desegregated by the landmark Brown v. Board of Education ruling.

Generations have passed since the Civil Rights movement ~50years ago.

what else do we have to do change this?
Yes barbie should be banned!
Bring back the golliwog doll!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golliwogg

Hammerman

Jul 2, 2002
It is all irrelevant in the long run... Since globalization of the planet, in say what, 500+ years, we will ALL be light brown.

epidemis

Jun 6, 2007
Whiteness is probably associated with cleanliness. In the history of human evolution, those who bathed more would have appeared "fairer" than those who didn't, and thus diseases would apply a evolutionary pressure towards "whiter" skin in areas where the sun exposure would allow it without getting melanoma

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Whiteness is probably associated with cleanliness. In the history of human evolution, those who bathed more would have appeared "fairer" than those who didn't, and thus diseases would apply a evolutionary pressure towards "whiter" skin in areas where the sun exposure would allow it without getting melanoma

Actually, what it is, is lighter skinned people typically stayed indoors (rich) and darker skinned worked outside (laborors/poor) as gingermeggs said.

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008
Actually, what it is, is lighter skinned people typically stayed indoors (rich) and darker skinned worked outside (laborors/poor) as gingermeggs said.
Yes the tallyman has always been lighter of skin complexion!
because he don't do jack shit hard work!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMTNT_BzkdA&feature=related
They used to throw the monkeys a few bananas now and then, these days, its all just peanuts!
Makes the commie idea appeeling!
lol at the pun!

Last edited:

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008
You've never been to england have you sport?
kinda blows your theory about white and clean!
and cancer? same same, sun exposure isn't why it becomes cancerous, again, its more genetic(and probably diet!!!!!!!!!!!!) then environment.
Saxons generally suck sack in my opinion!
But I might just be a bit of a Vaginasaur! (bigoted and sexist old'wise and beautiful woman! I say it as I see it! at lest I have a pair that swings, unlike these newaged softcocks or money lovers!)

Last edited: