Children of illegals in the US get to stay...what is the worse that can happen...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Oh please. Spare us the Nazi rethoric of comparing immigrants with armed hostile invaders.

For being a nation founded on immigrations, some murricans are surprisingly paranoid and obsessed with immigrants. What exactly is it you're afraid of, really?

If it's no more than a lower likelihood to have pink skin, then you're officially a shitty person. End of story.

You're projecting your racism onto others. I don't care about the color of anyone's skin. Further, you completely fail to make the critical distinction (as most lefties tend to do) between legal and illegal immigration. No problem with legal immigration, but I do with illegal immigration. Do laws not mean anything? As a country we need to control immigration to the level that best suits our needs. Uncontrolled illegal immigration means we have no control over our country.

The problem is really one of culture. When people come from a failed state to a successful one, they bring some of their culture with them which mixes with the local one and is generally a positive for all. However, when the influx gets big enough (which can only happen through illegal immigration because legal immigration is limited to a certain number per year), the culture no longer really mixes and instead simply gets moved to a new location. All you're doing is migrating the fail. It destroys the culture that made the country successful and replaces it with the culture of the failed country.

That's exactly what you're seeing in a lot of places in the US.

What's the genuine difference between a person who was born outside a set of lines of a map, or within it?
Hey, why have set of lines on a map at all then? Why not just get rid of all the maps? Heck, what's the difference between someone who lives in my house versus someone that doesn't? Why should people not be able to just walk into your house and move in?

Last edited:

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
I'm on the fence. no pun intended.

It's one thing to travel across the border as an adult, fully aware that you're breaking the law and entering illegally. It's another thing to have been brought into the USA as a child by no choice of their own.

They might be illegal, but this is their homeland. They grew up in the states. Deporting them would just drop them off into an area they don't know. So while I'm all about enforcing strict immigration laws, ethically I feel the children of immigrants should deserve special consideration. Many of these kids might not even speak spanish.

A sensible response. Thank you tech boy

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Oh please. Spare us the Nazi rethoric of comparing immigrants with armed hostile invaders.

For being a nation founded on immigrations, some murricans are surprisingly paranoid and obsessed with immigrants. What exactly is it you're afraid of, really? What's the genuine difference between a person who was born outside a set of lines of a map, or within it?

What is the difference between a house being yours and the house belonging to me.

Just a scribble somewhere on a piece of somewhere.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I'm on the fence. no pun intended.

It's one thing to travel across the border as an adult, fully aware that you're breaking the law and entering illegally. It's another thing to have been brought into the USA as a child by no choice of their own.

They might be illegal, but this is their homeland. They grew up in the states. Deporting them would just drop them off into an area they don't know. So while I'm all about enforcing strict immigration laws, ethically I feel the children of immigrants should deserve special consideration. Many of these kids might not even speak spanish.

This is a legitimate concern, which is why the focus should be on making sure nobody can get in illegally to begin with, rather than trying to deal with the issues once they've already come in.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Welfare will increase. Need more food stamps. Who pays their hospital bills?

Get rid of the anchor babies in the constitution.

Just make them slaves.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
This is a legitimate concern, which is why the focus should be on making sure nobody can get in illegally to begin with, rather than trying to deal with the issues once they've already come in.

That is my primary response, to demand military on the border and to effectively seal it.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
For being a nation founded on immigrations, some murricans are surprisingly paranoid and obsessed with immigrants. What exactly is it you're afraid of, really? What's the genuine difference between a person who was born outside a set of lines of a map, or within it?

This country was founded by immigrants who moved here and starved if they didn't bust their asses. There was no welfare, social security, food stamps and section 8 housing in the 1700s.

But as another poster pointed out, if you want to make sure that the increasingly small number of available jobs have more and more competition for them and allow employers to pay less and less, then by all means continue. The wealthy appreciate your support.

Pneumothorax

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2002

If it's no more than a lower likelihood to have pink skin, then you're officially a shitty person. End of story.

It's not the damn color of the people we're bringing in, it's the damn Socioeconomic/education status. We already have enough uneducated poor here.

MasterOfUsers

May 5, 2014
The floodgates are open!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/28/us-usa-immigration-children-idUSKBN0E814T20140528

So a child brought here illegally can basically get permanent residency by saying they graduated from high school the U.S..... Surely that won't cause any issues. Except now 10x the number of children from just a few years ago are now pouring into the country illegally. Don't expect this issue to wane any time soon. Get in now while the getting is good.

How about the great great grandchildren of illegal European immigrants, do you get to stay or should you fuck off too?

MasterOfUsers

May 5, 2014
It's not the damn color of the people we're bringing in, it's the damn Socioeconomic/education status. We already have enough uneducated poor here.

"Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"

Should probably just remove that and everything else America has ever stood for so you can have your Nazi version instead.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
How about the great great grandchildren of illegal European immigrants

According to the constitution, people born here are legal citizens, regardless of the legal status of the parents.

What we're talking about is illegal immigrants that were either brought here or came here when they were minors. If they were born here, they are already legal residents and there is no discussion about their status.

Further, what illegal european immigrants? Illegal according to what law of what country?

MasterOfUsers

May 5, 2014
According to the constitution, people born here are legal citizens, regardless of the legal status of the parents.

What we're talking about is illegal immigrants that were either brought here or came here when they were minors. If they were born here, they are already legal residents and there is no discussion about their status.

Further, what illegal european immigrants? Illegal according to what law of what country?

I was mostly being sarcastic about that remark. The entire idea is "we were here first" and it's the reasoning of a child that is too stuck up to share an entire playground with others.

The opposition seems to be along the lines of "bu... bu... *tear in eye*... then i'd have to share the toys".

I find it pathetic and weak when people run exclusion tactics against others no matter what the situation is.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I was mostly being sarcastic about that remark. The entire idea is "we were here first" and it's the reasoning of a child that is too stuck up to share an entire playground with others.

The opposition seems to be along the lines of "bu... bu... *tear in eye*... then i'd have to share the toys".

Are you having a hard time with the concept of legal vs illegal immigration? That's the critical difference. We can determine the rate of immigration that's good for the country (ie, legal immigration). Uncontrolled illegal immigration means you don't have an immigration policy.

I find it pathetic and weak when people run exclusion tactics against others no matter what the situation is.
Interesting, so anyone can walk right into your house and take whatever they want and move in at any time, lest you "run exclusion tactics" against others. Good luck with that. You apparently simply don't believe in the concept of a border or sovereign countries at all. To me that's simply insane, but to each his own.

MasterOfUsers

May 5, 2014
Are you having a hard time with the concept of legal vs illegal immigration? That's the critical difference. We can determine the rate of immigration that's good for the country (ie, legal immigration). Uncontrolled illegal immigration means you don't have an immigration policy.

Interesting, so anyone can walk right into your house and take whatever they want and move in at any time, lest you "run exclusion tactics" against others. Good luck with that.

Whine more, read your post and re-read mine, you are doing exactly what i said you were doing.

I also like that you don't know the difference between private and public property.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I also like that you don't know the difference between private and public property.

Public property.... what public? Of what country? Does the US simply belong to anyone who wants to wander over? Private property is "exclusionary" in your own words. So basically, you want to be exclusionary when it comes to YOUR stuff and not share the toys, but when it comes to the country as a whole, we should simply let any and everyone wander in and set up residence, because apparently you think resources are unlimited. Brilliant. You're a real deep thinker ;)

MasterOfUsers

May 5, 2014
Public property.... what public? Of what country? Does the US simply belong to anyone who wants to wander over? Private property is "exclusionary" in your own words. So basically, you want to be exclusionary when it comes to YOUR stuff and not share the toys, but when it comes to the country as a whole, we should simply let any and everyone wander in and set up residence, because apparently you think resources are unlimited. Brilliant. You're a real deep thinker ;)

I'm hoping that you are not this fucking retarded but are just playing a game and understand precisely what i mean which is written in the clearest possible text and would take a truly fucked up mind (like, five years on bath salts and meth) to misinterpret. if you have anything honest to bring to the table, i'll reply but this shit is just too fucking stupid to even read without losing brain cells.

If you REALLY don't get it.... you're arguing against a man made of straw.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
This is another one of those issues that the left is just dumb as a box of rocks on. They'll always shift the goal posts. They'll always use children as puppets in their agenda over this. They'll always play the race card as tactic #1.They'll always burn it at both ends- whining at one one end about increased poverty, lower wages, more and more poor people, underfunding for services for the poor etc... while they burn it at the other whining to import millions more poor people, increase poverty, lower wages, and spread less and less funding around for more and more people. Millions of legal citizens reduced to poverty wages= WHINE! Millions of illegal citizens pushing all sorts of industries into poverty wages, forcing native born poor to compete with third-worlders right in their own neighborhoods, and making big business laugh all the way to the bank with a steady supply of ever-cheaper, ever more expoiltable labor = HOW DARE YOU OPPOSE THIS!!

It's what their polticial masters (who will profit handsomely off the third-worldizing effects of shipping in the third world) have told them is what we need, so they'll keep on stumping for the desires of their political masters, no matter how stuck on stupid they have to get to do it.

Last edited:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
"Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"

Should probably just remove that and everything else America has ever stood for so you can have your Nazi version instead.

So we should go back to 19th Century rules?

So I guess you think we should take away the right to vote from women.

And send blacks back to the cotton fields.

Or maybe we should accept we are in the 21st Century and importing a bunch of educated people from a 3rd world country isn't such a great idea.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008

The irony is, for the know-nothing morons that quote that poem, it's on a statue that greeted LEGAL immigrants coming through the nation's front door, so to speak. There IS a set of rules that goes along with it, and YES, we should go back to them.

Misuing its purpose, is the eqivalent of me saying that the WELCOME mat on your front door, was my invitation to jimmy open your basement window in the back of your house behind the bushes, and sneak into your house at midnight.

'B-but you had a sign out that said WELCOME!"

MasterOfUsers

May 5, 2014

So I guess you think we should take away the right to vote from women.

And send blacks back to the cotton fields.

Or maybe we should accept we are in the 21st Century and importing a bunch of educated people from a 3rd world country isn't such a great idea.

Strawman arguments are not worth the effort to reply to, do better.

MasterOfUsers

May 5, 2014
The irony is, for the know-nothing morons that quote that poem, it's on a statue that greeted LEGAL immigrants coming through the nation's front door, so to speak. There IS a set of rules that goes along with it, and YES, we should go back to them.

Misuing its purpose, is the eqivalent of me saying that the WELCOME mat on your front door, was my invitation to jimmy open your basement window in the back of your house behind the bushes, and sneak into your house at midnight.

'B-but you had a sign out that said WELCOME!"

Wait, legal immigrants under what law? You do realize that the French gave you that statue after they defeated the Brits for you so you could live without the Brits oppression and that is what it stands for? There was no immigration law when that was written, none what so ever. There wasn't even a USA when that was written you daft twit.

Lemme guess, you were home schooled and missed pretty much every part of everything regarding history besides Lincoln battling the giant Hitler and defeating him with the sword of righteousness?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Feel free to share your job, and your welfare benefits. As you have no problem telling us to share and expend the wealth of this country, surely you can lead by example.

MasterOfUsers

May 5, 2014
Feel free to share your job, and your welfare benefits. As you have no problem telling us to share and expend the wealth of this country, surely you can lead by example.

Another strawman... and this one is ridiculous to say the least "they teeek oer jerbs".

Surely if you think criminals should be incarcerated then you should have no problems building a prison in your basement and keeping them there, right?

THINK before you type, try to actually understand the subject before you spout off and stop using strawmen when you can't argue against what i say.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Wait, legal immigrants under what law? You do realize that the French gave you that statue after they defeated the Brits for you so you could live without the Brits oppression and that is what it stands for? There was no immigration law when that was written, none what so ever. There wasn't even a USA when that was written you daft twit.

Lemme guess, you were home schooled and missed pretty much every part of everything regarding history besides Lincoln battling the giant Hitler and defeating him with the sword of righteousness?
LOL. Witness exhibit A of blithering stuck-on-stupid mode the left is stuck in on this issue, and proudly so.

It would litterally make this moron's heart stop beating to ever bother looking up anything and actually have a shred of a clue what the fuck he's yapping about before just spewing emo-nonsense all over the forum.

So now, in order to keep giving that box or rocks a run on dumb, we're supposed to buy that there was no USA in 1903. Apparently there was no immigration law either. (Also apparently the Revolution had just been fought then, the French the only participants, and the S.O.L.was gifted right after it!) All those who came through the system at Ellis Island have been lying all this time-there weren't really any laws.

Liberal "history" is always the most hilarious stew of stupidity, collosal ignorance, made up bullshit and emo-drivel wrapped up in vomit.

This is the laughably dumb type of prick people are trying to have a valid debate over actually immigration issues with! Honestly... if you're trying to actually debate someone this dumb.... who's dumber?