Chick is sueing Duke University for being cut from the Duke football team!!

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
Football Article

I guess they should have let her play if she was as good as the guys, but if she couldn't hang then she needed to be cut. They can't make execeptions because of someone's gender. I guess they could develop a female college football league. Most guys would find that interesting! ;)

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Hey, my college (Willamette University in Salem, OR) had the first-ever female NCAA football player two or three years ago, a soccer player-turned-kicker. It was a huge deal at the time, but it was Division III, so the furor was brief.

You have to realize that kickers sometimes have to do more than just kick, such as tackle people, recover fumbles, or try and run with the ball on a botched snap or whatever. Football is a physical game and physical strength is needed at any position. Her high school coach, who seems to be a big advocate of hers, didn't even let her kick off (probably to avoid her attempting to tackle or get blocked by physically larger men). Granted, most kickers can't tackle too well, but most males would likely have a lesser chance of injuring themselves. Major colleges have limited roster space and lots of competition and a D-1 coach is going to choose a kicker that he can use for kickoffs if needed. If the coach can find a female that is both skilled and as physically strong as any male kicker on the roster, than the coach should definitely play her.

soup or man

Jan 17, 2000
blah, stupid whiny girls. they want to be treated equally? thats fine with me, let em in the army...hey you can put em in front of me! let em play football, they'll die. women aren't built like men, they are fragile, everybody knows this. women fire fighters have less of a requirement to meet to become a fire fighter you know. thats a comforting though when some butch lesbian is trying to pull you out of a flaming building but just can't quite do it.

and don't get me started on the PMS thing.

Pastfinder

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2000
I honestly doubt sex had anything to do with it, I just think that she wasn't as good as the next person and hence, was cut.
If you don't got game, get out.

DataFly

Mar 12, 2000
Last year my schools football team had a girl on it, and they actually did better than they had in the past 10 years! She's on it again this year too, but we suck this year...;)

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< my schools football team had a girl on it, and they actually did better than they had in the past 10 years! >>

Yeah, the opposing team was probably distracted because they were staring at her ass.

Women should not be playing on men's teams, period. If this is acceptable, why not men playing on women's teams? The hypocrisy is astonishing.

Russ, NCNE

RaDragon

Diamond Member
May 23, 2000

<< The article mentioned that she has already graduated. While she might not have been able to participate on the team, she has something that a good portion of those who played for Duke's Varsity team doesn't, a Diploma. >>

LOL

--

soup or man -- get back in your rock before you start hurting yourself out here.

Deslok

Oct 9, 1999
Red,
Not to be cruel
but Chyna needs to be autopsied
when she passes and the results made public.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Sorta like men suing over not getting to work as a wait(er or ress) at Hooters...I understand EOE, but the place has a theme....

Thread below = too much stereotypeing going on...
|
|
V

They way I see it...If she could play the game like all (or most) of the other participants...Great!

abracadabra1

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 1999
women + football = haha
women + broom = clean house
women + kitchen = good meal
women - broom - kitchen + football = man

i say give her a broom and a kitchen! football's not for her!

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000

<< they want to be treated equally? thats fine with me, let em in the army...hey you can put em in front of me! let em play football, they'll die. women aren't built like men, they are fragile, everybody knows this. women fire fighters have less of a requirement to meet to become a fire fighter you know. >>

there is truth to that. the large majority of women are not build for physical sports/activities. and they can also be more expensive. when it was strickly men in the navy, everyone needed the same things, everyone shared showers etc. but now with women in the navy, they have to carry extra supplies for that time of the month etc. plus all the modifications they had to do with the sleeping areas and showers etc. cost alot more money. i'm not being sexist, just showing how it's a disadvantage finatially in some cases. but hey, in football, if she can play and do just as well as anyone else, there is no reason not to let her play

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
From the Army front, I can tell you that there are a few women I would want to go into combat with vs. several male soldiers. Not everything in combat is &quot;muscle&quot; and power and I can tell you also from experience that a woman can carry her fair share of equipment on her back also. As a part of basic training we had to do a 12 mile ruck march with at least 60 pounds of equipment in our rucks and there were more men bitching than women about it. Besides, I would rather have a woman on a weapon she's trained for than a man anyday. Women can be far more vengeful and heartless than any man I know!!! :D

MI6

Sep 28, 2000
If sex is the true issue then she will win the suit. But i bet she is just doing it to get attention, she was just threating untill Duke started playing hard ball. It will probably get thrown out as soon as Duke showed that their standers are higher than one field goal.
Does anyone think a women will ever get into the NFL? I bet not since the coaches are more political than Newt.

goog40

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2000
Oh boy, a 28 yard field goal. The coach overreacted to this cuz she was a girl, a mistake on his part, but she didn't deserve to be on the team.

Since a woman can play in the NBA, can a man play in the WNBA? And since female reporters get to see lots of NBA players nekkid, some sports talk hosts around here were talkin about seeing Lisa Leslie nekkid:), but I guess it didn't happen:(. Bathrobes...

They should make an elite team of all women football players, all with the same special times each month, and only play once a month, when they're really angry:), in division III football. They'd still get their ass kicked though:)

kantonburg

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Isn't this the 2nd time this has come up? I thought Duke was sued awhile back for the same thing? Oh well it's a waste of her money if you ask me. 28 yards isn't going to cut it anyway.