Chick Fill Aye on same sex marry age

Page 29 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Judging from the map of locations you probably live in eastern Colorado, which is very conservative.

Keep trying! I live in the Denver metro area, one of the only cities in the US where weed is legal. Not conservative at all.......

CO is def purple. Some highly liberal parts, some way conservative. Hippies and cowboys, with a strong dose of western libertaranism.

Co Springs is home to the Air Force academy, Cheyenne Mtn. and right wing Xian fundamentalist groups like Focus on the Family. CO Springs would also likely be nuked to hell in event of a thermonuclear war ironically enough, a fact that seems to evade them. A shining example of why you wouldn't want TeaPartiers/right wingnuts in charge of the country.

Boulder is super hippie, and is basically East Berkeley with mountains. A shining example of why you wouldn't want Greens/left wingnuts in charge of the country. You are legally required to drive 10mph under the limit. OTOH, its ok b/c your likely stoned anyway.

Ft. Collins is a bit of a college town, bit of a rural town. Just north of there in WY is where they tie gays to barbed wire fences and beat them to death. Also unfortunate neighbors to Greeley, the smelliest town in the USA, whose odors of cow shit can be smelled easily 50 miles away if the wind is right.

In the plains, people tend to be ranchers/farmers/cowboys, but hardly anyone lives there, so it does't count for much.

Mountain people are...well.. all over the place. See South Park for ref.

Denver is the bulk of the population. Mix of all the parts, plus lots of latinos.

Honestly I think you could pull pretty good crowd for both a CFA/god hates fags support day as you could a 4/20 Smoke Out day.

The rest of everybody would just rather head up to the mountains, watch a bronco game, head to a nice microbrew pub and not get tied up in this nonsense.

Last edited:

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
If this kiss-in has any impact at all it will be to hugely and unanimously foment public support away from the gay argument of this. The best way to lose support for your cause is to throw your matter in people's faces like this. Many people don't like public displays of affection from any sex. Going in while people are having lunch and having two guys or girls kissing in blatant disregard for the legal and personal preferences of those around you is abominable.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
If this kiss-in has any impact at all it will be to hugely and unanimously foment public support away from the gay argument of this. The best way to lose support for your cause is to throw your matter in people's faces like this. Many people don't like public displays of affection from any sex. Going in while people are having lunch and having two guys or girls kissing in blatant disregard for the legal and personal preferences of those around you is abominable.

Why stop there, they should hold an "Up your alley, Folsom street fair" (San Fransisco style) type event, that would show those heterosexual bigotsD::D

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
while he's a total loser for thinking he was the shit for pulling that stunt, i don't feel it was to the extent that he be fired from his job.
but his employer is free to do as they please.

I certainly would not want one of my employees (especially not an executive CFO) that presents himself that way. I'd have fired him in a heartbeat as well.

Lesson to be learned: don't be a jackass. There are plenty of good ways you can support your beliefs or protest something you feel is unjust. Being a jackass is not one of them. Smith learned it the hard way. Looks like he also got booted from his position at U of Arizona. What a dumbass.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I certainly would not want one of my employees (especially not an executive CFO) that presents himself that way. I'd have fired him in a heartbeat as well.

Lesson to be learned: don't be a jackass. There are plenty of good ways you can support your beliefs or protest something you feel is unjust. Being a jackass is not one of them. Smith learned it the hard way. Looks like he also got booted from his position at U of Arizona. What a dumbass.
Exactly. Being so hateful as to pick on a young girl at a drive-through window, who has exactly no influence over the organization's ownership, and then being so stupid as to post your "triumphant" video online, is so far beyond acceptable for a CFO it's not even visible. Dude should have been treated exactly as he was, dropped so hard he bounces. Besides, he doesn't need a job; his self-righteousness can keep him happy.

We all need to get over this idea that anyone who disagrees with us is hateful, bigoted, stupid or insane. To me, gay marriage is as one-sided as any issue out there, but I can still understand how others might come to a different conclusion.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003

Legal preferences? What, exactly, are you referring to?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/same-sex-couple-invites-chick-fil-a-ceo-to-dinner/

“I hope Mr. Cathy will join my family for dinner, where we can share a respectful dialogue about our faith, work and families here in Georgia,” Alt said in a statement. “It’s important that Mr. Cathy meet the people his company is donating millions to stand against.”

“I’ll even make chicken,”

“Without question, Dan Cathy has every right to voice his opinions and beliefs,” Graddick said in a statement. “But he should meet and get to know the people that he’s speaking out against — the people who are harmed by his company’s multi-million dollar donations to anti-gay hate groups working to hurt everyday LGBT Americans and break apart loving families.”

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
Reflections on “Chicago values” by Cardinal George, Archbishop of Chicago

"Recent comments by those who administer our city seem to assume that the city government can decide for everyone what are the “values” that must be held by citizens of Chicago.

I was born and raised here, and my understanding of being a Chicagoan never included submitting my value system to the government for approval.

Must those whose personal values do not conform to those of the government of the day move from the city?"

I was also born and raised in Chicago. And I have to admit that I never thought that I would live long enough to see Chicago Politicians held up as beacons of moral righteousness.

Nor did I ever think that I would see a Chicago Archbishop issue a statement in support of something said on a Baptist Radio Station...

Strange Days...

Uno

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Wow what an asshole. Criticizing hate by picking on a girl at the drive through and acting like a total douche.

He is a rare bird by being stupid enough to film himself harassing a ~$8 a hour drive through worker who has nothing to do with her stores policies [and she may be gay herself for all he knows].

He IS common in another way though - There are MANY people who think the little peasant workers in retail somehow tote the company values and help design them [seriously]...I worked retail when i got out of HS for a year or two and the signal to noise ratio of douchebags coming in to "let you know!" about how mad they are about such and such company policy/bullshit was staggering. It was more than enough to motivate me to get a degree and a very nice well paying job where my contact with the general public is at a minimum...The wealthy folks btw tend to be the largest dumbasses to, which is surprising as you would think they would know that its the Ceo's and several others who dictate company culture and not ~8hr Jenny who works the register.

Last edited:

Mr.Mischief

Mar 26, 2012
Do conservatives even have a case for why gay marriage shouldn't be legal? Even a weak case? I'm under the impression that even though a couple of the founders might have been Christians, they set up America as a country where people could be free to do as they pleased as long as their actions didn't harm anyone?

Sent from my HTC One S

Last edited:

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Chick-fil-A Opponents Stage Same-Sex Kiss-In

149651282-jpg_141837.jpg

On Wednesday hundreds of thousands of traditional marriage activists ate "mor chickin" to support Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day. Today, it is same-sex marriage allies' turn.

Gay marriage supporters are putting a romantic spin on traditional sit-ins, organizing "kiss-ins" outside of Chick-fil-A restaurants from Dallas to New York City to celebrate National Same-Sex Kiss Day.

"Basically what you're going to get is a bunch of pretty normal, average, everyday people that just happen to be gay or lesbian give each other a kiss or a hug, hold each other's hand, and really show them that we stand up for what we believe," said Marci Alt, who is organizing a protest outside the Chick-fil-A in Decatur, Ga., about 20 miles from the company's Atlanta headquarters.

While the spark for this week's protests both for and against Chick-fil-A stemmed from comments the company's CEO, Dan Cathy, made supporting traditional marriage, the issues driving people to the streets go deeper than one executive's words.

"For me why it's so important is, I don't believe anybody should have the ability to say, I'm not a good Christian, or I'm Jewish, that I'm not a good Jew because I'm gay," said Alt, who has been with her wife for 12 years and has two daughters.The couple have invited Cathy over to dinner, where they "can share a respectful dialogue about our faith, work and families here in Georgia," said Alt, who says she'll even make chicken.

Many of the Chick-fil-A supporters who turned out for Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day told ABC News that they chose to eat chicken sandwiches on Wednesday to support Cathy's First Amendment rights to express his opinion on marriage.

Activists who are planning to turn out for Friday's kiss-off say it is not about speech, it's about action. Chick-fil-A and the non-profit foundation WinShape that it supports have donated millions to anti-gay groups such as the Marriage & Family Foundation, the Family Research Council and the National Institute of Marriage, all of which support a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage.

"Yes, you're allowed to have your opinion, but when you start signing checks over to people who are against my community and trying to rip my family apart, I'm going to stand up," Alt said. The couple have also invited

Alt said she expects "hundreds, hopefully thousands" of people to show up for the Atlanta kiss-in. Other formal protests are planned in Dallas and New York City and hundreds of other informal kiss-ins are expected around the country.

"It is just a nice nonviolent demonstration of LGBT love," said Rome Frost, who is organizing a kiss-in outside of New York City's only Chick-fil-A location, at New York University. "It's to show how much support that we do have and how we can solve these kinds of problems in a very nonviolent and romantic way."

Frost said he expects between 150 and 200 people – both gay and straight – to show up for the New York City kiss-in, which starts at 8 P.M. ET.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Looks like I'll head over to my local CFA again today to have some more yummy chicken and snicker at the idiots protesting.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003

They need to start staging sit-ins at Churches, synagogues and Mosques. That is where the anti gay hate is coming from these days! Especially the Mosques, the Muslims wont even allow Men and Women to enter from the same door, and they stone gay people to death in Muslim majority countries...Talk about intolerance!

We need to show how tolerant we are by being intolerant of their beliefs [if they dont believe in gay marriage] and do a sit-in where ever they are at. Its ok to be hypocritical and preach tolerance but practice the opposite.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
They need to start staging sit-ins at Churches, synagogues and Mosques. That is where the anti gay hate is coming from these days! Especially the Mosques, the Muslims wont even allow Men and Women to enter from the same door, and they stone gay people to death in Muslim majority countries...Talk about intolerance!

We need to show how tolerant we are by being intolerant of their beliefs [if they dont believe in gay marriage] and do a sit-in where ever they are at. Its ok to be hypocritical and preach tolerance but practice the opposite.
They are having sit-ins at Chick-Fil-As rather than at mosques for the same reason PETA nuts throw paint on little old ladies in fur coats rather than on bikers wearing leather.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
I apologize for quoting these old posts, but, you guys are kidding, right?

That's like saying the Bible condones murder because Cain killed Able.

I'm a long time lurker who's bored:)

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

I can't speak for the other poster(s) but I'm dead serious. It seems to me that after his day of rest, G-d could have used the next six days to create more male female pairs and obviate the need for incest (he is omnipotent, or so we're told). Since he didn't (unless that part was not included in the officially approved Biblical text) and nothing was done to stop it than yes he did condone incest.

Sex outside of wedlock; other than the examples of married men with a wife and several concubines in the Bible we also have the Virgin Mary and the Holy Spirit. Call it an Immaculate Conception or whatever it's still sex outside of marriage.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Do conservatives even have a case for why gay marriage shouldn't be legal? Even a weak case?

Funny, because the liberal case for it boils down to: "Because straight people can".
I'm under the impression that even though a couple of the founders might have been Christians, they set up America as a country where people could be free to do as they pleased as long as their actions didn't harm anyone?

Sent from my HTC One S

Funny that Japan, despite not being a Christian nation, has the same definition of marriage. Marriage being between a man and a woman is not just a christian belief.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
It's always funny when "liberals" use homosexuality as an insult.

Yes, it's almost as funny as a fucking idiot libertarian named BoberFett pretending to get unemployment benefits in order to 'stick it to liberals' rather than the real reason: because you need the fucking money.