Chick Fill Aye on same sex marry age

Page 27 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Marriage is a government contract. Preventing people from marrying would seem to fit in perfectly with wanting less government.

ah, so you agree with me, then, that marriage has absolutely nothing to do with religion? So, you know, feel free to stop parroting this "freedom of religion" BS regarding Chik Fil-A.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
You don't have to like what I like. But if you don't believe in equality of your fellow Americans, I'm not interested in anything else you have to say. Same with religious people. I'm not friends with religious people because as soon as I discover they're religious, I'm no longer able to respect their opinions about anything.

This says a great deal about you and your intolerance for beliefs and opinions that are against yours. This does not even sound American to me.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
lol such fail.

I live in the plains of eastern Colorado. its about 50/50 just like the rest of the country.

lol such fail. The Eastern Plains of Colorado are renowned for their political conservatism. Most of them are in the 4th Congressional district, which has a Cook PVI of R+6, and that's including Fort Collins, which to my knowledge is generally not considered part of the Eastern Plains. This means in a 2 way 50/50 split election a Republican candidate would be predicted to win the district by 12 points. McCain narrowly won it while getting trounced nationally, and GWB won the district by 17 points. If you remove Ft. Collins, we're probably talking a Cook PVI of R+8-10.

But yeah, it's totally 50/50. lol. You don't even know the politics of where you live.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Guys, I support Chick-Fil-A, but they are NOT in the right on gay marriage. Denying someone else equal rights is NOT a conservative value, nor does it live up to the Republican history of fighting for equal rights for all. Restricting someone else's ability to enjoy a sanctioned marriage to protect the sanctity of your own marriage is NOT Christian, nor is it nice.

LoL this had me falling out of my seat thanks for the laugh. Maybe my sarcasm meter was malfunctioning.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
what confuses me is that all the protestors didn't ever think about chick-fil-a's beliefs before? hello...they're closed on sunday...

i guess ignorance was bliss.

Jun 26, 2007
This says a great deal about you and your intolerance for beliefs and opinions that are against yours. This does not even sound American to me.

Why should anyone be tolerant about intolerance?

Hey, the Nazis were not nice but let's not hate on them because that is intolerant?

If their beliefs are such that peoples equality should be restricted then being against that isn't intolerant at all, even a random retard gets this but you don't?

I can't believe i have to explain this to an adult human being, even a retarded monkey should be able to get this on his own.

Jun 26, 2007
what confuses me is that all the protestors didn't ever think about chick-fil-a's beliefs before? hello...they're closed on sunday...

i guess ignorance was bliss.

No one cares if they are a christian corporation and are closed on sundays, it's not their professed faith that is protested, it's their open monetary support of groups that are actively trying to deny Americans their rights.

I don't think they base it on Christianity either because Jesus had fuck all to say on gay marriage, there isn't a single thing he had to say on any issue regarding gays what so ever.

Some christians just have to use their religion to separate "us from them", it's nothing new, there was a time when the Christian religion was used to deem black people sub-human.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Chic-Fil-A is saying they set all time records at every store. Way to go patriots! Keep it up tomorrow!

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Chic-Fil-A is saying they set all time records at every store. Way to go patriots! Keep it up tomorrow!

It really doesn't matter.

This is like all the people who were convinced that Rush Limbaugh was "doomed" and so forth because a few advertisers canceled after his latest episode of foot-in-mouth disease. All that matters is long-term changes after people stop paying attention to the recent hubbub.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
It really doesn't matter.

This is like all the people who were convinced that Rush Limbaugh was "doomed" and so forth because a few advertisers canceled after his latest episode of foot-in-mouth disease. All that matters is long-term changes after people stop paying attention to the recent hubbub.

I can't wait for the DNC convetion where they announce part of their platform is gay marriage.

It will be their death nail like the AWB, and it will be awesome come November.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

I respect someone's right to believe or say whatever they want. They can use that right to make themselves out to be an utter fool.

When they take action to restrict the rights of others, knowing it would have absolutely NO impact on themselves, but have an enormous impact on the people they're discriminating against, I have a serious issue with them.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
That's interesting, because once I learn that someone takes everyone in a group as some monolithic block instead of individuals, I have lost respect for them.

So you lose respect for all people that lose respect for other groups of people? Your circuits should melt. :D

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
That says a lot about you..... and not good things either.

You can not believe in any religion and still respect the fact that most people (like 85% of people in the world) are religious, and that large majority includes very smart and well respected people. Even if you think all religion is complete BS, that's fine, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't respect someone's opinion simply because they have a belief you don't agree with.

I once had a friend, a mentor really, that I really liked. His sensible, progressive attitudes and friendly demeanor made me realize that there are non-automaton, conservative type higher ups in the Army. His job involved tracking objects through space, and his knowledge of math and science amazed me. Somehow, over the months that I spent time around him, I never ate a meal with him. One evening, I happened to sit down to dinner with him, and he bowed his head in prayer before he ate. I was never able to look at him the same again.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
LOL libtard gets fired for harrassing Chic-Fil-A employee, taping his bigotry, intolerance and ignorance. Notice how nice and calm the Chic-Fil-A gal is in video in the face of a liberal asshat.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/tot...tough-guy-fired-for-bullying-drive-thru-girl/

Vante regrets the unfortunate events that transpired yesterday in Tucson between our former CFO/Treasurer Adam Smith and an employee at Chick-fil-A. Effective immediately, Mr. Smith is no longer an employee of our company.

The actions of Mr. Smith do not reflect our corporate values in any manner. Vante is an equal opportunity company with a diverse workforce, which holds diverse opinions. We respect the right of our employees and all Americans to hold and express their personal opinions, however, we also expect our company officers to behave in a manner commensurate with their position and in a respectful fashion that conveys these values of civility with others.

We hope that the general population does not hold Mr. Smith’s actions against Vante and its employees.

Feb 6, 2007
I think we're moving in the right direction as a country. 10, 15 years ago, the CEO of a fast food chain speaking out against gay marriage wouldn't have been a blip on anyone's radar. Now it's spawned national attention, calls for boycotts, a reactive Chick-Fil-A appreciation day, and the attention of politicians around the country. Sure, we're not going to turn around and have gay marriage next week, but the fact that we've gone from barely acknowledging the idea of it, to passing acts specifically against it, to making it occasionally legal in certain places, to taking a chicken shack restaurateur's comments against it and turning it into a national debate, well, that just shows that we're making progress towards the eventuality of gay marriage. This is how every progressive change has happened, and they may take a little longer to hit some places (like places where Chick-Fil-A is popular), but if history has shown us one thing, it's that issues like this always favor the liberal side.

It's only a matter of time, folks. Why that makes some people nervous is beyond me.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
LOL libtard gets fired for harrassing Chic-Fil-A employee, taping his bigotry, intolerance and ignorance. Notice how nice and calm the Chic-Fil-A gal is in video in the face of a liberal asshat.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/tot...tough-guy-fired-for-bullying-drive-thru-girl/

He was a liberal executive, he lived a tortured existence.

And now he'll be cruising on funemployment for the next 99 weeks because his employer thought this was good cause to let him go.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I think we're moving in the right direction as a country. 10, 15 years ago, the CEO of a fast food chain speaking out against gay marriage wouldn't have been a blip on anyone's radar. Now it's spawned national attention, calls for boycotts, a reactive Chick-Fil-A appreciation day, and the attention of politicians around the country. Sure, we're not going to turn around and have gay marriage next week, but the fact that we've gone from barely acknowledging the idea of it, to passing acts specifically against it, to making it occasionally legal in certain places, to taking a chicken shack restaurateur's comments against it and turning it into a national debate, well, that just shows that we're making progress towards the eventuality of gay marriage. This is how every progressive change has happened, and they may take a little longer to hit some places (like places where Chick-Fil-A is popular), but if history has shown us one thing, it's that issues like this always favor the liberal side.

It's only a matter of time, folks. Why that makes some people nervous is beyond me.

It's only a national debate because democrat politicians wanted to use force of government to punish a company for freedom of speech and freedom of religion. You'll notice they backed away from that REAL quick once the backlash against the liberal rose up. You simply don't do that in our country.

Please, oh please, let them make it part of their platform!

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
AzPCySwCAAEmzaU.jpg:large

If they deep fry the ballots I'll be very concerned.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
He was a liberal executive, he lived a tortured existence.

And now he'll be cruising on funemployment for the next 99 weeks because his employer thought this was good cause to let him go.

Fired with cause, no unemployment for him!