Chick Fill Aye on same sex marry age

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
Chik Fil A might be completely out of touch with modern reality, but you are even worse.

Only a few percent of the US watches TV? LMAO!

I agree on its face that phrase was LOL, but I think he meant TV news, not TV in general.

Mr. Lennon

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
What did Chic-Fil-A say that is "hate speech". You see this reinforces that you are fine with free speech, so long as you agree with it. Otherwise you call it "hate speech" and curse that damn 1st amendment that allows "hate speech". Orwell would be so proud.

LOL

Why don't you take a look at some of your older posts that have been dug up by Phokus.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Spidey: when curb stomping people you don't agree with = freedom/patriotism.

:D

what a rube.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I had a sandwich from this place when I was out of the area. It was pretty good. I wonder if they'll have one near here soon?

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
I agree on its face that phrase was LOL, but I think he meant TV news, not TV in general.

nope..pretty sure he is serious....I recall in on thread that he thought all of america could get by with public transportation because of his experiences so his view on 'mainstream' america is pretty skewed...

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
LOL

Why don't you take a look at some of your older posts that have been dug up by Phokus.

When you have no substance, and have clearly lost a debate, attack the poster. It's all the left has in their anti-1st amendment stance.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I won't defend any of those comments. But postings on a board are not the same as threatening violence against someone.

You shouldn't toss around accusations without evidence. And those dug up posts are not.

Look up the definition of 'facetious'. I'm only half joking. Half because Spidey IS a violent sociopath and his postings prove it.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
When you have no substance, and have clearly lost a debate, attack the poster. It's all the left has in their anti-1st amendment stance.

You keep rabbling on about 'FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM!"

Yet, your posting is the anti-thesis of that when it's your political enemies that have their freedoms stripped from them: you cheer it on:

I told you we take care of patriots here in KY.

600 bucks to curb stomp a liberal? SO worth it.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=32608744&postcount=280

Just because you SAY it doesn't have substance doesn't make it true.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I won't defend any of those comments. But postings on a board are not the same as threatening violence against someone.

You shouldn't toss around accusations without evidence. And those dug up posts are not.

Good thing HAL isn't in charge :D

Seriously, I get that some people don't like what the owner thinks, but looking at the number of posts and what I've read on line it seems that contrary thinking in itself needs to be eliminated if it goes against the mainstream. No that's not quite right. What he mainstream wants isn't relevant to many, it's the "greater good" as they define it.

I'm not advocating that people not comment against it, but when we have government threatening a business because of one's beliefs that's way out of line. Well it is for me.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Guys, I support Chick-Fil-A, but they are NOT in the right on gay marriage. Denying someone else equal rights is NOT a conservative value, nor does it live up to the Republican history of fighting for equal rights for all. Restricting someone else's ability to enjoy a sanctioned marriage to protect the sanctity of your own marriage is NOT Christian, nor is it nice. Being allowed to choose your (adult and competent) spouse as long as you choose within government-approved guidelines is NOT freedom, not is it equal protection. Allowing and encouraging government to establish which adults may and may not marry as long as you personally aren't inconvenienced is NOT limited government.

Protecting First Amendment rights (meaning politicians promising to keep out Chick-Fil-A, not the boycott) is important, as is supporting a generally very good company when it's under attack. Having the law treat everyone the same and having the government provide the maximum practical individual liberty are just as important.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Look up the definition of 'facetious'. I'm only half joking. Half because Spidey IS a violent sociopath and his postings prove it.

Saying that his postings prove that he's a "violent sociopath" makes about as much sense as saying that people who like horror movies are axe murderers.

Maybe you don't know what the word "violence" means? :)

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
:D

I don't hate people simply for being Christians. And I don't hate people just because they believe in a book that is full of hate.

Sorry that the truth hurts, but trying to turn it around on me is rather transparent silliness.

PS I think it's cool that so many people showed up yesterday to support polygamy.

As well as incest and sex out of wedlock.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

you keep using this phrase, as if it somehow describes what anyone on "the left" is arguing.

rofl.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

No, I think he actually believes that his little subculture within a subculture (night club junkie living in San Fran) is representative of the US.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Oh+the+irony...+No+description+needed.+I+love+Jim+Gaffigan_bbff74_3891571.jpg

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Saying that his postings prove that he's a "violent sociopath" makes about as much sense as saying that people who like horror movies are axe murderers.

Maybe you don't know what the word "violence" means? :)

Are you batshit insane? There's a big difference between enjoying a horror movie and cheering on violence against someone who did nothing except having a political view different than yours. People watch horror movies to scare themselves, not cheer on the axe murderer in the movie (and even if they did IT'S FUCKING FICTIONAL)

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
To me, it is more about first amendment rights. I go there all the time and will continue to do so.

People have their beliefs and opinions. If you were to defriend everyone who expressed a different opinion or belief from your own, you would have no friends. Let people express their own opinions and just agree or laugh at them. I knew several people going there for the wrong reason and I also knew several people going there for the right reason.

Don't fall into the group of "If you don't like what I like you are an idiot". That just shows how much that person is an idiot.

You don't have to like what I like. But if you don't believe in equality of your fellow Americans, I'm not interested in anything else you have to say. Same with religious people. I'm not friends with religious people because as soon as I discover they're religious, I'm no longer able to respect their opinions about anything.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
That's interesting, because once I learn that someone takes everyone in a group as some monolithic block instead of individuals, I have lost respect for them.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
as soon as I discover they're religious, I'm no longer able to respect their opinions about anything.

That says a lot about you..... and not good things either.

You can not believe in any religion and still respect the fact that most people (like 85% of people in the world) are religious, and that large majority includes very smart and well respected people. Even if you think all religion is complete BS, that's fine, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't respect someone's opinion simply because they have a belief you don't agree with.

Mr. Lennon

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004

Once again, I fully support the 1st amendment. You're free to say whatever the fuck you want and I'm free to disagree. The problem I have with Shit-fil-A and their supporters is that they are crusading to destroy the rights of others.

I find it hard to understand that a person who is so against a big, intrusive government wants more laws created to stop homosexuals from marrying or adopting children. Talk about a fucking double standard.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Once again, I fully support the 1st amendment. You're free to say whatever the fuck you want and I'm free to disagree. The problem I have with Shit-fil-A and their supporters is that they are crusading to destroy the rights of others.

I find it hard to understand that a person who is so against a big, intrusive government wants more laws created to stop homosexuals from marrying or adopting children. Talk about a fucking double standard.

Marriage is a government contract. Preventing people from marrying would seem to fit in perfectly with wanting less government.