Chick Fill Aye on same sex marry age

Page 25 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Tomorrow we'll see what the "kiss-in" brings: gay couples going to CFA to publicly kiss.

More record sales is what it's going to bring. The plan is to show up in the same numbers on Friday to support the 1st amendment.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Keep trying! I live in the Denver metro area, one of the only cities in the US where weed is legal. Not conservative at all.......

Hey, it was a guess based on a google maps picture of restaurant locations, sue me. haha. Also, people going to a restaurant creates a pretty huge selection bias.

Regardless, you're right that at the moment there isn't majority support for gay marriage. It is growing rapidly in Colorado however. Soon!

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Michelle Bachmann's district is in the Minneapolis/St Paul Metro area; I guess that makes her a liberal.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
This is hilarious. It's always funny to see conservatives go off the deep end like this. Nobody cares about your 'eat a mediocre chicken sandwich' day. Most of their stores are in deeply conservative areas so of course there is a lot of support. They have been trying to expand into the wealthier liberal areas though, which may now be difficult.

Regardless of all that, this is about the gay marriage fight, one that gay marriage supporters are currently kicking ass in.

Spidey's insane gun knife and chicken picture was awesome though. Jesus Christ that guy is loony.

It's it funny how they think their circle jerks really matter? They all got tiny little boners when he posted that. They are getting smaller and smaller... better tighten that grip girls... LMAO Emasculated pussies the lot of them... Makes me proud to be a white, male, Christian!

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
So you don't support free speech, freedom of religion or any of the rest of the 1st amendment?

Let me guess, you do as long as you agree with the message.

If a religion held a belief that blacks weren't equal to whites, they expressed it publicly, and someone called it prejudice - would you agree? Do you think it infringes on their first amendment rights to call their belief prejudice? You have the right to believe in whatever you want. Other people also have the right to call you prejudice while still supporting your right to say it.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
You have the right to believe in whatever you want. Other people also have the right to call you prejudice while still supporting your right to say it.

This 100%. Buttsore pussies are the first ones to piss and moan when someone makes comments on their freedumbz to speakz...! Freedumb to be served greasy food by a non homo while holding your pistol in one hand and your tiny dick in the other! Congrats!

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
How is this going to help anything? Are they trying to piss off more of mainstream America???

By "mainstream" you mean people who emulate the corporate culture from the television?

Those folks are too old to know America, and the America they cling to...surprise..never existed.

Chic Fil A fits rural lifestyle/mindset of the 20th century mass media fed drone pretty well. Since most choices are pre-packaged shit from a chain restaurant, same as what they consume into their brains since there is so little actual culture. (Who could blame someone for wanting to be some moral crusader and part of some bigger picture when watching the water tower rust is the big thing to do in town)

Who cares, only like a few percent of the US watches TV anymore in the 21st century.

Empty barrels make the most noise.

Last edited:

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Taking a stance that's not politically correct is something we should all applaud and support

In one case, I don't support the company position, and I choose not to shop there. I do, however, support their right to hold and express their position. In the other case, I support their right to hold their views and don't appreciate them getting slammed by the politically correct dimlibs, so I do shop there. Inconsistency not found. Vote with your wallet. The government should not be punishing free speech.

If there were a bunch of idiots whining and calling to ban JCP stores in their city or otherwise squash their free speech, I'd be against that as well.

Last edited:

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
people get mad at JCP

people get mad at CFA

different strokes for different folks!

modestninja

Jul 17, 2003
Michelle Bachmann's district is in the Minneapolis/St Paul Metro area; I guess that makes her a liberal.

Look at the map she's not in much of the Twin Cities metro area. She's in some suburbs and then some more rural areas of Minnesota.

Also, in general suburbs are more conservative and cities are more liberal. She'd definitely not get elected in Minneapolis or St. Paul. Frankly, I'm saddened by the fact that she can get elected anywhere...

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/MN/6

Mr. Lennon

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
So you don't support free speech, freedom of religion or any of the rest of the 1st amendment?

Let me guess, you do as long as you agree with the message.

Everyone here supports the 1st amendment.

What most of us here don't support is hiding behind said amendment to spew hate speech.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
It seems as though there were some legal, procedural and notification problems with that. Otherwise if zoned and approved, no problem with it.

And where was your outrage when they were threatened with violence?

Citing acts of vandalism, arson and a bomb threat against the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, Martin said, "The Muslim community in Rutherford County has been under siege for the last two years. Now, after doing everything right, they are told that they can't move in."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/18/apnewsbreak-tennessee-mosque-sues-to-open/#ixzz22PZYnjwj

Oh Right:

"No muslims, no athiests, no gays" -Spidey07

Wouldn't be surprised if you were one of the idiots who threatened violence against them.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Everyone here supports the 1st amendment.

What most of us here don't support is hiding behind said amendment to spew hate speech.

What did Chic-Fil-A say that is "hate speech". You see this reinforces that you are fine with free speech, so long as you agree with it. Otherwise you call it "hate speech" and curse that damn 1st amendment that allows "hate speech". Orwell would be so proud.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Here's spidey trying to justify a cop for beating an already unconcsious person:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=293768&highlight=defense

There was also the time he applauded a tea partier who stomped on a liberals head while she was on the ground.

You don't know spidey, obviously. He's a violent sociopath and a bigot to boot.

Oh and my favorite one, spidey defending an idiot who fired through his hotel door and murdered someone because they accidentally tried to put their hotel key in the wrong door:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=309416